PDA

View Full Version : Cleans

Jinkies
07-19-2006, 01:02 PM
Im looking for the advice of someone who cleans 315 or more.

Yesturday I had a problem, I was trying cleans for the first time in 3 months since I first got injured. Put 275 on and got it easy, so I decided to try 315 ( Figure it would be cake since ive been reppin more then that on front squats)

Couldn't get it, everytime I pulled it was slow like a deadlift and the lifts all about speed; trying to see what the problem was. It was at the end of a 2 hour chest workout, figured id throw in cleans since its been a while and there were mats.

Was tiredness really that big of a factor cause I could pick it up but not fast enough to clean it

adamcole87
07-19-2006, 01:22 PM
i would say the twoo hour ches tworkout prob di a toll on u try it on a fresh day and see how it feels

khari
07-19-2006, 04:03 PM
I think a better question is why were you going anywhere near your 1rm when you hadn't cleaned in months and were at the end of what was already a 2 hour workout.

Goodwinm
07-19-2006, 05:04 PM
dude ur muscles were probs nackered from the 2 hour sesh! dont worry bout it. and agree with khari above aswell.

The pull doesnt have to be lightening fast Jinks. It has to be pulled with some pace. but not alot. The main thing is squatting down deep very quickly and gettin under the bar!

Jinkies
07-19-2006, 06:03 PM
yeah I think i was just being a puss, it was a scary thought thinking about pulling it up that slow then dropping down under it

Goodwinm
07-19-2006, 06:06 PM
yeah I think i was just being a puss, it was a scary thought thinking about pulling it up that slow then dropping down under it
yep u gotta have a lot of confidence to do heavy cleans. I have only gone up to 172lbs without squatting deep and that feels scary! lol.