PDA

View Full Version : Where is there left to eat?!!!

Carmy
07-20-2006, 12:51 AM
Since I have to eat around 5 times a day and take pre and postworkout shakes, by the time I need real food I am at a loss! Anyone have some good restaurant suggestions (high protein, lower carbs etc etc) that they can share with me? Takeout, Fast food, whatever!

Thanks!

:eek:

DarrenEff
07-20-2006, 04:33 AM
http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=46565

This thread is in the wrong forum, and should now be closed ^_^

WillKuenzel
07-20-2006, 05:04 AM
Looks like its in the right forum to me. No reason to close it. ;)

Progress
07-20-2006, 05:14 AM
Good question. I'd like to see what some people have to say. I rarely go out to eat and I sometimes get behind on meal preparation.

DarrenEff
07-20-2006, 05:33 AM
haha. Very clever HY ;)

KingWilder
07-20-2006, 07:09 AM
IF and when I go out to eat I don't worry about if it's bad or not. I always end up making it fit into my caloric needs for the day, so I tend not to worry too much about it.

With that being said...Salads with chicken and lowfat dressing are usually a good choice. Most fast food places have grilled chicken sandwhiches too

Steak houses/most sit-down places (if you're looking for an actual restaraunt and not fast food) usually have good dishes and you can get steamed veggies as your side.

ShockBoxer
07-20-2006, 07:30 AM
Just look for non-battered chicken as an option and get a baked potato or dressingless salad as the side. Drink water and save yourself a few bucks. :)

Or ... don't worry about it and eat what you want. You're a weightlifter, after all... as long as you don't go crazy too frequently the extra calories will go to cooler places than your beer belly. :strong:

SLOTH
07-20-2006, 08:19 AM
eat at taco bell. I recommend 15 soft shell tacos in one sitting :omg:

Slim Schaedle
07-20-2006, 10:17 AM
The Chipotle right by UC was making a fortune off me during my bulk.

I seriously think that's one of the only places where you actually get a good amount of food for your money. Maybe Olive garden as well, (only becuase of large amounts of pasta)

But an other relatively nice sit-down place frustrates me when comparing price to amount received. But, not desiring a full-time girlfriend at the moment pretty much take care of that problem.

powerrack
07-20-2006, 11:16 AM
Since I have to eat around 5 times a day and take pre and postworkout shakes, by the time I need real food I am at a loss! Anyone have some good restaurant suggestions (high protein, lower carbs etc etc) that they can share with me? Takeout, Fast food, whatever!

Thanks!

:eek:

Cook!

Ok serioussly if your serious about your gains, you'll prep all your food so that you don't have to worry about it when your hungry, but I sometimes eat out too and I try to do my best, usually try my best to find a place where I can find some lean steak or grilled chicken. We have nandos flame grilled chicken here, it works out great.

Margin Of Error
07-20-2006, 11:20 AM
I know a guy who is 210, lean, and eats Chipotle 3x a day 5 days a week.

Personally I think anything with a good amount of calories for your money that isnt fast food is fine. Restaurant eating should make up an extremely small portion of your total calories in the big picture anyways.

Progress
07-20-2006, 12:11 PM

Ha! The Chipotle in Hyde Park for me, too.

Bob
07-20-2006, 12:45 PM
So i guess you are not looking for the Super Size Meal recommendations at McDonalds & Burger King, right?

I can eat at any Steak House - Outback, Texas Roadhouse, etc... - I usually just get whatever the Top Round or Top Sirloin - which are usually pretty lean... and then I will get a Naked Potato, Mushrooms and a plain mixed green salad.

A lot of steakhouse also now serve other beefs.. I love Buffalo... and some are now serving Grass-fed beef which is good for the omegas...

For fish - just about anywhere, just broiled or blackened... except I gotta have my Fried Calamaria, and since I live in New England, there is a lot of good places with New England Clam Chowder and Lobster Rolls..

Otherwise, most restraurants are a crap shoot.. shoot for something lean on the menu.. unless it's a cheat day...

Good luck..

PS.. Taco Bell used to be on my list.. but there is too much Sats and Trans Fats there.. dang it!! Although when I'm in California on biz trips, I have found some nice mom&pop mexican places to order real healthy burruitos.. just watch those re-fried beans..

RedSpikeyThing
07-20-2006, 03:45 PM
There's a place called Koran BBQ that I've heard good things about. It is all you can eat and has chicken, beef, etc. I think it's like $15 CAN. Don't know if it is elsewhere, though.

Slim Schaedle
07-20-2006, 05:09 PM
Ha! The Chipotle in Hyde Park for me, too.
you know it, brotha

time2grown06
07-20-2006, 06:29 PM
See if there is a Boston Market in your area....Good eats and good selections. They have chicken, turkey, ham, meatloaf, etc... and different side items to choose from. Very good restaurant that almost went under but thankfully it didn't.

pakse
07-20-2006, 09:58 PM
Howdy,

You wanna eat? Fogo De Chao. Nuff said.

Keep the faith,

Pakse

KingWilder
07-20-2006, 10:04 PM
See if there is a Boston Market in your area....Good eats and good selections. They have chicken, turkey, ham, meatloaf, etc... and different side items to choose from. Very good restaurant that almost went under but thankfully it didn't.

I just had Boston Market the other day, damn good :)

Quattro
07-20-2006, 10:04 PM

:( The one down the road from me closed. Good to know they are still in business though.

I like hitting up Whole Foods when Im out. The deli always has a wide range of grilled/roasted meats, veggies, potatoes/pastas, you name it. Little expensive though.

Margin Of Error
07-20-2006, 10:10 PM
I like hitting up Whole Foods when Im out. The deli always has a wide range of grilled/roasted meats, veggies, potatoes/pastas, you name it. Little expensive though.

Whole foods is super expensive as far as food goes. It's also super excellent, the meats, vegetables, dairy, etc are of the absolute highest quality. I love that place.

Quattro
07-20-2006, 10:21 PM
Whole foods is super expensive as far as food goes. It's also super excellent, the meats, vegetables, dairy, etc are of the absolute highest quality. I love that place.

Its even better when your parents dont mind paying :D
I love how its all organic...I dont think theres any HFCS in that whole place.
Im sure gonna miss it when I head off to school in two months.

KingWilder
07-20-2006, 10:24 PM
we have one near where I go to school...but my rents only give me $200 a month for food and that place is too expensive to be buying from on a regular basis.

ddegroff
07-21-2006, 01:02 AM

Qdoba or Chipolte either one works for me. Good for those carb loads!

Progress
07-21-2006, 05:26 AM
FEI on Chipotle recipes:

http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=360954

Quattro
07-21-2006, 01:42 PM
FEI on Chipotle recipes:

http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=360954

Sounds good except Id replace all that vegetable oil with olive

Eszekial
07-21-2006, 01:48 PM
sushi until your heart stops.

Progress
07-21-2006, 01:59 PM
Sounds good except Id replace all that vegetable oil with olive

tuttut

At the heat in which it's cooked it would hydrogenate the olive oil.

lifteroiho
07-22-2006, 03:06 PM
tuttut

At the heat in which it's cooked it would hydrogenate the olive oil.

Canola perhaps?