PDA

View Full Version : Examples of Nutritional Meals

Power-House
07-20-2006, 12:15 PM
Whats up guys? I was just wondering if any of you have time if you could please give me an example of a healthy 5- 6 meal schedule through out a day please. To me mine doesn't have variety in it.

Mine

Morning - Egg white ( don't eat everyday,some times substitue with Brand Name cereal)

Lunch - Peanut Butter & Jelly

Mid afternoon - Slice of Pizza

Dinner - Steak or Chicken

Later Meal - Usually fast food with friends not health

Thank you for any info.

seK
07-20-2006, 12:29 PM
Whats up guys? I was just wondering if any of you have time if you could please give me an example of a healthy 5- 6 meal schedule through out a day please. To me mine doesn't have variety in it.

Mine

Morning - Egg white ( don't eat everyday,some times substitue with Brand Name cereal)

Thank you for any info.

What are you goals?
Are you trying to bulk, cut or maintain?

gains2385
07-20-2006, 02:10 PM

Mine

Thank you for any info.
If that is a cut, then you are joking...

If you want some nutritional meals then just check out the diet section. My FitDay sums up my day for me pretty well.

Morning=1/2 cup egg whites, 1 large egg, 2-3 pieces of fat free cheese.
Snack=Carb Freedom Yogurt, Fat Free String Cheese, Carb Control Smoothie
Lunch=Pita Pizza or Chicken Breast
Snack=same as before, sometimes a Snicker Carb Control Bar
Dinner=Pita Pizza or Chicken Breast w/ Tuna
Before Bed=Snicker Carb Bar, Carb Control Smoothie, Fat Free Cheese, and/or Carb Control Yogurt

I think my macros are pretty good. This keeps me full on a cut and only equals somewhere in the neighborhood of 1500-1700 calories. I believe my fitday is at 1500 calories for today. I like to plan my intake for the day out on FitDay and then just follow what I put in.

ddegroff
07-20-2006, 02:30 PM
Breakfast - 5 eggwhites/1 whole egg
Snack - handfull of almonds (~.25 cup)
Lunch - 4oz chicken breast/ green beans/ brown rice (optional)
Preworkout - Scoop Nitrean/ Scoop Powdered Gatorade
Postworkout - ^same as above or Chicken/brown rice/sauteed green peppers
Pre-bed - CC w/ Natty PB or CC and nitrean

This is pretty much what I cut on it worked well for me.

Power-House
07-21-2006, 09:03 AM
Thanks alot for all of your help guys.

pakse
07-21-2006, 12:34 PM
Howdy,

7am - 1/2 cup oatmeal (which I personally cook with 1/2 the water specified in any standard receipe - but I'm odd that way).

9am - 16oz coffee w/ .5 cup of skim milk

12pm - 4 cups spinach, dressed with 30g good olive oil, 5g reggiano-parmesan, 5 finely diced cloves of garlic, 15g good vinegar a bit of sea salt, a heavy grind of black pepper.

2pm - seeded roma tomato (sliced), 4-5 basil leaves, 5-6 marche leaves, scatter of oregano, scatter of thyme, sea salt, black pepper - drizzled with 15g of good olive oil. (Sometimes I cheat on this and toss a warm slice of fresh mozzarella on top).

4pm - 16oz tea w/ .5 cup of skim milk

6pm - 10 pencil thin 7" spears of asparagus, 8oz mushrooms - fried in 10g of butter, dashed with a touch of sea salt. 3oz domestic farm raised salmon (confession time - I don't like the wild stuff, and the overseas farmed stuff scares me). Steam the salmon with dill and black pepper corns.

8pm - 8oz turkey cutlets (3 pieces or so) - I grill those with 5g olive oil, 1 whole roasted head of garlic (the proceeds of which are applied to the cutlets during the last minute of cooking), sliced and seeded roma tomato, 2 slices good italian bread (heavy rustic thing). The bread gets a very light application of butter on the outside (5g), a light layer of mayonaise on the inside (10g), the turkey, tomatoe and cheese are layed into the sandwhich. Add in a bit of oregano, basil, thyme, salt and pepper - grill the entire thing just until toasted and the cheese has softened. (Note: Buffelo mozz works best). I would likely eat this with 4oz steamed green beans, with 1/2 oz toasted almonds and a very light spritz of good olive oil (2-3g).

10pm - It's July, so most likely I'd finish this day with a 1/4 cup of Hagen-Dazs Chocolate.

Keep the faith,

Pakse