Sat 1 g
Chloresterol 5 mg
Sodium 430 mg
Carbs 39 g
Fiber 1 g
Sugars 6 g
Protein 8 g

Plus a crapload of minerals, especially thiamine, riboflavin, and folate

Why do some people refer to it as 'loaded' with fat and bad for cutting? I don't put butter or milk in when I prepare it... that where the rep comes from?

Built
07-20-2006, 07:10 PM
Why is fat bad for cutting?

ShockBoxer
07-20-2006, 07:30 PM
I have no idea. It certainly hasn't been for me.

That's the point behind the inquiry. Why the hatred for the blessedly cheap and seemingly healthy pasta of broke ass people everywhere?

Con
07-20-2006, 08:21 PM
I think foods like that are considered bad becuase of where the carbs/fat/protein may come from. Also the additives(like HFCS) can discourage people from wanting to eat them.

RedSpikeyThing
07-20-2006, 10:26 PM
How do you make KD without butter or milk? Water doesn't seem especially tasty...

On a side note, I like a box of KD, prepeared WITH milk and butter, with a can of tuna in it. Makes for some cheap, easy, and, debateably, yummy bulking food.

ShockBoxer
07-21-2006, 05:42 AM
I just boil it, strain it, throw the cheese in, mash it well and eat. It's not 'creamy' at all but I don't care about that. I eat it with something else, like tuna or a hamburger, so the taste is dulled by the meat anyways.

I'll sometimes throw in a few teaspoons of virgin olive oil for healthy fats.

pakse
07-21-2006, 01:50 PM
Hi,

ARRRRR - I can actually feel my blood pressure rising.

1. Buy a nice piece of cheese.
2. Buy a little container of milk.
3. Buy a box of decent extruded pasta (barilla elbows or whatever you like (try riggies).

Anyway ---

1. Boil Pasta for 6 minutes - THEN - take out 1 piece, run it under cold water, eat it - keep repeating this until YOU like how it tastes (ideally according to me, the pasta should have a barely visible thin white line running down the center of it when sliced with a sharp knife in order to have bit of 'bite' to it when you chew".

Anyway - when you like it - drain it.

2. AT THE SAME TIME as you start to boil the pasta - heat the milk in a pan (LOW heat).

3. After the milk is warm - grate the cheese into it (don't turn up the heat) - stir it.

4. Ok, pasta done, cheese sauce done.

5. Mix

6. Eat (and season a bit).

Ok, I wish there were an /anon feature here - the instructions above really suck.

But - it's the simplest, fastest way I could think of doing it.

Please season it.

Or bake it.

Just don't eat the stuff in the box.

Keep the faith,

Pakse

Progress
07-21-2006, 02:25 PM
I wouldn't even think of eating that unless it was post w/o meal if I was cutting.

ShockBoxer
07-21-2006, 02:35 PM
Well, as it happens... I only ever eat pasta as a post w/o meal. Not that I've ever found the reasons for meal timing particularly clear.