View Full Version : Close-grip with chains and pics of my back

HeavyBomber
07-20-2006, 05:55 PM
Close-grip bench press (weight includes chains):
271x8 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKdNuIzijEo
291x5 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkiI98nklCI

1r15h
07-20-2006, 06:03 PM
Seriously impressive lifts and seriously impressive physique. Cant get my lats to grow like that, partly genetic I know but they just dont seem to engage when im lifting.
Again man been watching yer vids, some inspirational stuff.

BTW whats the idea behind the chains?

Bob
07-20-2006, 06:39 PM
A lot of folks use chains (& bands) to add gradually add resistance as you push the weight up.. this helps adding speed & power to your lifts and especially to help you explode thru the lockout. Highly recommended by a lot of powerlifters.. used in squats and DLs too..

HB.. Awesome lifting dude..
And that back is freaking incredible..
Keep lifting hard & heavy!!!

HahnB
07-20-2006, 06:46 PM
Amazing back shot, you're massive.

Nicoman
07-20-2006, 07:55 PM
Dude you're me hero. Watched all your You Tube Vids man. Awesome!

Bohizzle
07-20-2006, 08:40 PM
You are definitely large man, great work! i can't get over how wide and thick ur back is! i'm assuming u've done a few cycles? and if u did, i am absolutely not knocking it, don't worry, just curious is all.

Andrew

RBB
07-20-2006, 09:21 PM
damn thick back. looking big, bro. nice vids too.

Natetaco
07-21-2006, 08:33 AM
dude. You are an APE! (compliment!)

HeavyBomber
07-21-2006, 06:14 PM
Seriously impressive lifts and seriously impressive physique. Cant get my lats to grow like that, partly genetic I know but they just dont seem to engage when im lifting.
Again man been watching yer vids, some inspirational stuff.

Yeah, as the bar goes up more of the chain comes off the ground adding more weight to the bar. This removes load in the low position and adds load gradually as the triceps become the primary movers during lock out.

HeavyBomber
07-21-2006, 06:15 PM
A lot of folks use chains (& bands) to add gradually add resistance as you push the weight up.. this helps adding speed & power to your lifts and especially to help you explode thru the lockout. Highly recommended by a lot of powerlifters.. used in squats and DLs too..

HB.. Awesome lifting dude..
And that back is freaking incredible..
Keep lifting hard & heavy!!!

Thanks dude.

HeavyBomber
07-21-2006, 06:15 PM
Amazing back shot, you're massive.

I appreciate it, thanks.

HeavyBomber
07-21-2006, 06:17 PM
Dude you're me hero. Watched all your You Tube Vids man. Awesome!

Hardly worthy of hero status, just been lifting for awhile that's all. Give it time and keep the calories and lifting high priority.

HeavyBomber
07-21-2006, 06:18 PM
damn thick back. looking big, bro. nice vids too.

Thanks. Nice vids, even though most are sideways? lol

HeavyBomber
07-21-2006, 06:18 PM
dude. You are an APE! (compliment!)

lol, that's why my wife has to keep shaving my back.

MixmasterNash
07-21-2006, 07:19 PM
Why so little chain? That can't be deloading more than a few pounds at the bottom.

Gabrielle
07-21-2006, 07:23 PM
nice lats...very thick and wide. Great job

HeavyBomber
07-21-2006, 07:44 PM
Why so little chain? That can't be deloading more than a few pounds at the bottom.

I think a little more than half the chain deloads don't you? They are 28 lbs. total each so I would say the bar deloads a good 30 lbs at the bottom.

That's why I have them doubled up and the platforms undernieth. I don't know, I could be wrong I guess.

What do you suggest?

MixmasterNash
07-21-2006, 10:19 PM
I think a little more than half the chain deloads don't you? They are 28 lbs. total each so I would say the bar deloads a good 30 lbs at the bottom.

That's why I have them doubled up and the platforms undernieth. I don't know, I could be wrong I guess.

What do you suggest?
Those are 28lbs each? Wow, that's a lot heavier than I thought. Certainly 30bs or 10% is suitable. What's the diameter of the chain links?