PDA

View Full Version : Need healthy dinner ideas.

gator
07-21-2006, 01:11 AM
Personally I dont need to have the best tasting meals, most of my meals consist of peanuts, oatmeal and chicken. However I have a lady friend who wants to start eating dinner with me more often (like everyday apparenlty) when we go back up to college. What kinds of ways can I cook dinner that tastes good and will still give me the amount of carbs/protein/fat (i can always just eat peanuts of my dinner doesn't cover this part). I cant really cook, except for grilling so any advice would be good here, like what kinds of seasing to use, how to cook a certain food, etc.

ddegroff
07-21-2006, 01:19 AM
I like marinating chicken with italian dressing. Other marinades are pretty low in cals too. Put the chicken on top of some brown rice, spread steamed green beans around the plate. My gf loves it, and its really healthy.

Put corn on the cobb in tin foil w/ a little bit of water on the grill. Add meat of choice, another good meal.

Salmon with chipolte/lime seasoning grilled, on top of the brown rice/steemed veggie combo.

Just a few i've made to please the gf...

gator
07-21-2006, 12:06 PM
Sweet thanks for the ideas, will have to try those. Any more suggestions

MagnaSephiroth
07-21-2006, 04:48 PM
I also need a lot of suggestions.

Something I will eventually try is a Tuna Cassarole, just get tuna, and mayo, some good whole grain pasta, and some sauce.