PDA

View Full Version : How to convince wife?

Can'tstopnow
07-21-2006, 06:44 PM
This may sound like bragging but my wife is a MILF. She looks amazing even after we were blessed with our daughter almost 10mo ago. Here is my question, how do I reinforce her confidence enough to have her dress up sexy like. I tell her she looks great and how much I love her everyday, but she is a sweat pants and tshirt girl. Not that I want her to dress like Dog the bounty hunters wife just something girly and well hot. Do I take the initiative and buy her an outfit for us to go paint the town in or try to bring her along and have her pick it out so I don't get the look when I show her what I thought she might like. Anybody else pulled this off, how did ya do it?

Bob
07-21-2006, 07:43 PM
Take her somewhere nice. & special... where she is forced to dress up.
Then surprise her with some "sentimental" photos.. like go to the photo studio before the nice & special place.. and take some professional photos. You would be surprised what a professional photographer can get out of a women.

Then when you get those photos back, hang them up in your office or whatever you can view them.. and then tell her you do it because she looks so beautiful... and you want to be reminded everyday of how she looked on that special night.

BCC
07-21-2006, 07:44 PM
It sounds like you're more concerned with showing her off than anything. Maybe she isn't comfortable dressing like that?

Margin Of Error
07-22-2006, 12:31 PM
If she is really that hot why do you give a **** what she wears? Do you really need more horny men gawking at your wife in public?

Built
07-22-2006, 01:59 PM
Okay, I'm confused here.

OP wants to show off his wife. Makes him feel good to be out with a hot woman who is also the mother of his child.

I fail to see a problem.

MrWebb78
07-22-2006, 02:43 PM
the problem seems to be that she doesnt want to be paraded around as his trophy.

Can'tstopnow
07-22-2006, 03:50 PM
Thanks for the reply Bearwolf, that is a great idea. As for the trophy wife bit I can say you are off base. I married my wife because she is brilliant (masters in mathmatics, working toward Dr. Trophy Wife), funny as hell and the best mom among many other things. We are very busy and I would like to give her a night out to remind her how great we have it and how great she looks. As for naked pics of my wife I'll assume you were being a wiseguy.

lifter4life
07-22-2006, 05:05 PM
If she is really that hot why do you give a **** what she wears? Do you really need more horny men gawking at your wife in public?

I don't see a problem with a woman that likes to dress well. I have more respect for people who take care of themselves.

accuFLEX
07-22-2006, 05:57 PM
Is she a true sweat pants and tshirt girl? Does she wear that to work? to dinner? for a walk? movies?

What does she say about looking sexy?

Can'tstopnow
07-22-2006, 07:23 PM
She has said how she would like to wear less casual clothes when we go out vs sweats. So I thought since she was starting the transition it would be good timing to boost her confidance.

Stray
07-22-2006, 08:17 PM
My wife was the same after having twins but just keep coercing her with compliments and confidence boosters and eventually she'll come around. She's just dealing with a negative body image and probably thinks you're just being nice because it's our job to blow smoke up their @$$ time to time....but when she realizes your sincere it'll all pay off.

Nik00117
07-22-2006, 08:21 PM
I agree let it runs its course. And if she is truly a MILF then she is blessed. I know one of my dads troops woman is 40 years old and a true MILF wouldn't think she is older then 25.

Just keep the compliants coming in a steady stream, and amybe a few guys will pass moves on her making her feel mor confident. Honselt if my mom tells me I look handsome it doesn't mean the same as a girl that doesn't know me tellign me i look good because in my mind thats part of the job desciprtion get what I mean?

McIrish
07-23-2006, 12:25 PM
I tell her she looks great and how much I love her everyday, but she is a sweat pants and tshirt girl

Now, I don't think whatsoever that you're trying to parade her around the place outside as some sort of trophy or anything, but the big question is this - does your WIFE want to dress more sexily and pretty when the two of you go out? Does she feel ugly when she walks around in sweats and a t-shirt? I think ultimately the decision is up to her - if she wants to feel more sexy (and for whatever reason is oblivious to your near-constant stream of :omg: and :nod:), you might tell her some time that you are taking her out for a special dinner/ocassion and go to an upscale clothing place (maybe the day before?), telling her that you want to remind her that you think she's the most beautiful woman you've ever seen, blahblahblah, and she deserves that pampering, especially after giving you both a wonderful new child.

Wikked1
07-24-2006, 09:12 AM
Here's a suggestion,make a "date",lunch/dinner and an all expense paid shopping spree,the catch is the clothes she gets must be something that's not in her current wardrobe and that you like them as well as she does and that she should wear them out next time. There's nothing wrong with wanting your wife/gf to look hot.

PerfectAnjail
07-24-2006, 11:36 AM
Ok, has she ALWAYS been a sweat and Ts kind of girl? Or did this just happen after the child was born? If she was always like that, why would she change? If she truly is a good looking woman (and she doesn't need clothes/makeup to make her feel sexy, or to make her look that way according to you) then she's probably just comfortable as she is. Having been a sweat/tshirt girl myself (and for the most part still am), it's really just what I'm comfortable in. I'm not as comfortable when I "dress up" and get compliments, etc from guys...

However, the suggestion to get her something nice for a special date and taking pics would probably work great for both of you! A woman always like to feel special, sexy, etc to her man, maybe just not to the whole world on a day to day basis.

-TIM-
07-24-2006, 12:23 PM
I'm with some of the others. Tell her you're taking her out on a dinner date to somewhere nice, then send her out with enough money to buy a new outfit. You can even give her a gift certificate to a specific store that carries outfits that are on the sexy side. That way she won't come back with an outfit that makes her look like she's a politician's wife.

In addition to spending some time with your wife, it will give her a break from the baby and I'm sure she'll enjoy the time to relax. On your date you can reinforce how nice she looks and see where it leads.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with wanting your significant other to dress nice at times.

Relentless
07-24-2006, 12:59 PM
I for one am still flabbergasted that people leave the house with sweat pants on. MAYBE at the gym. MAYBE. But not out and about in public.

Aren't sweat pants the sign that you've given up on style completely?

No offense to the OP's SO or anyone else that considers themselves a 'sweat pants girl'. But damn.

seK
07-24-2006, 02:00 PM
From my personal experience couples tend to dress alike, IE if one is fashionable than that other tends to be also. So my question is what is your fashion sense like?
You can't expect her to get all dressed up if you parade around in cut off jeans and a mesh tank top..... :P

-TIM-
07-24-2006, 02:43 PM
I for one am still flabbergasted that people leave the house with sweat pants on. MAYBE at the gym. MAYBE. But not out and about in public.

No offense to the OP's SO or anyone else that considers themselves a 'sweat pants girl'. But damn.I think it depends. There are some styles of sweat pants with straight legs that aren't tapered like your grand pappy's. Those don't look nearly as dreadful. But you're right, anybody wearing the tapered style is pretty much waiving the white flag on fashion.

galileo
07-24-2006, 02:47 PM

No offense to the OP's SO or anyone else that considers themselves a 'sweat pants girl'. But damn.

I have straight-legged sweats for the gym. Got them at Hollister and as Elwood pointed out Aeropostale. They're sexy.

Powdered_Power
07-28-2006, 08:34 AM
Just pull the old trick my dad used to do with my mum, he used to buy her electrical appliances he wanted himself for any special occassion and pass them off as a present.

So pick out a bit of lingerie or an outfit yourself and surprise her with it! You might want to add something to make it a bit more special like some chocolates, flowers or a poem or something... she'll wear it atleast once just to show ye she appreciates the effort you put in!

ShockBoxer
07-28-2006, 11:46 AM
From my personal experience couples tend to dress alike, IE if one is fashionable than that other tends to be also. So my question is what is your fashion sense like?
You can't expect her to get all dressed up if you parade around in cut off jeans and a mesh tank top..... :P

Heh. My girlfriend is always trying to get me to dress with at least a tiny bit of fashion. I'll admit, she always looks nice so maybe there's something to the take a second and think about what you're wearing school of thought. Maybe.

I just grab whatever t-shirt is least dirty and go.