PDA

View Full Version : First Tattoo

BigRic
07-22-2006, 07:34 AM
Time to show off my first tattoo, I got it last night.

sharkall2003
07-22-2006, 07:38 AM
Proud to be Canadian? I think it looks great. By the way, how much does a tattoo of that size cost? I am interested in having a tattoo place in the middle of my back, but I have yet to find the perfect design, talk it over with my lady, and my family.

BigRic
07-22-2006, 07:47 AM
Cost 165, I'm not sure if thats a good or bad price but the tattoo artist was really good and I think it was worth it. They are addicting I'm thinking about adding to this one already once it heals and we get some time off.

offhegoes03
07-22-2006, 08:39 AM
sweet tat man.. I'm thinking about getting a second one in a couple weeks in about the same place that you got yours. Mine probably won't be that big though. Is that 165 in canadian dollars? Not sure what the conversion is for american dollars, but for a tat that size and with all of the color and shading that sounds like a good price.

BigRic
07-22-2006, 09:28 AM
No, that's 165 American. I currently reside in Michigan.

JaredG
07-22-2006, 10:01 AM
Is it just me, or is there some serious Ben Affleck going on in the second picture?
http://www.wannabebigforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21493&d=1153575237
http://www.scifi-universe.com/upload/personnalites/grand/ben_affleck.jpg

getfit
07-22-2006, 10:05 AM
that looks pretty cool.

offhegoes03
07-22-2006, 10:21 AM
No, that's 165 American. I currently reside in Michigan.

oh, didn't see that under your name. Actually, that's a really good price if it was in amerian dollars. looks good man.

Thexile
07-22-2006, 11:20 AM
Is it just me, or is there some serious Ben Affleck going on in the second picture?
http://www.wannabebigforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21493&d=1153575237
http://www.scifi-universe.com/upload/personnalites/grand/ben_affleck.jpg
:confused:

JaredG
07-22-2006, 11:48 AM
I think he strongly resembles him in that picture.

I guess its just me. Maybe I have a subconscious infatuation with Ben Affleck? Can I get this moved to General Health? :help:

Tofer
07-22-2006, 11:50 AM
Proud to be Canadian? I think it looks great. By the way, how much does a tattoo of that size cost? I am interested in having a tattoo place in the middle of my back, but I have yet to find the perfect design, talk it over with my lady, and my family.
Talking it over with your family? Yeah, okay.

Talking it over with your lady? Bad idea.

No matter how you feel now, things change. In all reality you'll be with someone else a few years from now. Don't let some broad have an effect on your decision about something permanent like a tatoo just because you think you care about one another now.

Sidior
07-22-2006, 04:38 PM

No matter how you feel now, things change. In all reality you'll be with someone else a few years from now. Don't let some broad have an effect on your decision about something permanent like a tatoo just because you think you care about one another now.
:withstupi

get ink you will be happy with, people come and go, but you are stuck with it forever

smalls
07-22-2006, 08:17 PM

LOL, yes because tatoos are always more important than people. If he thinks his girl is important enough to consult on something like a tatoo then she probably is. Most people get lame ass tatoos anyway so who cares.

BTW, I'm canadian so I automatically think that tatoo is awesome. It looks very good.

Chronic
07-22-2006, 08:46 PM
I'm planning to get one later this summer... I just need to decide what I want, but I've been contemplating it for over a year now.

Sidior
07-22-2006, 09:40 PM
LOL, yes because tatoos are always more important than people. If he thinks his girl is important enough to consult on something like a tatoo then she probably is. Most people get lame ass tatoos anyway so who cares.

BTW, I'm canadian so I automatically think that tattoo is awesome. It looks very good.
;)

maple leafs are always ace for a canadian, that's what my first ink was as well:D

smalls
07-22-2006, 10:24 PM
Nice i'm seen some really good maple leafs, one with an american flag underlay which looked awesome.

I have my last name on my back, yes it's cliche but it will never change and will always be the most important thing in my life.

Sidior
07-22-2006, 11:48 PM
If it means something to you and you are proud of it, that's all that matters... It that your only ink?

smalls
07-23-2006, 12:37 AM
Yeah, and i'm sure it will be my last. I need to get it touched up at some point soon though.

TommyBoy
07-23-2006, 09:29 AM
$165 US???!!!! That's a cheap tatt my friend! And a very good job might I add. Who did your work?

BigRic
07-23-2006, 11:39 AM
It was done in a shop in Mt. pleasant called Heritage tattoos I think there is 2 more in michigan and the dudes name was Larry. Do you know any good places in Vancouver? When I'm coming home for christmas break I will probably get another one.

Tofer
07-23-2006, 12:02 PM

BTW, I'm canadian so I automatically think that tatoo is awesome. It looks very good.
You misunderstood my post.

I think it's fine to consult your family about something like a tatoo, because they care about you and always will, and will give you good input. Did I say that a tatoo was more important than your family? No. Far from it.

Gathering information from his posts, he's been with this girl for a very short period of time. When you aren't even twenty years old, you often think you're in love, when it's not the case. That's why an overwhelming majority of marriages of people under the age of 20 fail. If you got some lame tatoo of a bunny because your girlfriend thought it was cute, wouldn't you be a little pissed off a few years later after breaking up? That's all I was saying, so please don't put words in my mouth.

smalls
07-23-2006, 12:16 PM

I think it's fine to consult your family about something like a tatoo, because they care about you and always will, and will give you good input. Did I say that a tatoo was more important than your family? No. Far from it.

Gathering information from his posts, he's been with this girl for a very short period of time. When you aren't even twenty years old, you often think you're in love, when it's not the case. That's why an overwhelming majority of marriages of people under the age of 20 fail. If you got some lame tatoo of a bunny because your girlfriend thought it was cute, wouldn't you be a little pissed off a few years later after breaking up? That's all I was saying, so please don't put words in my mouth.

First, your family will not necassarily always care for you, many peoples families are just as fickle as a girlfriend, sad but true. And the stats for marriages under 20 arent much worse than over 20, so age isnt as big a factor as people seem to think. Getting what YOU want should be priority IMO, but consulting those you care about on big decisions is usually a good idea.

And anyone who gets a bunny because there girlfriend thinks it's cute deserves there fate.

You just seem to have a very jaded view of relationships. If you care about someone and would like to make it work I think it's a good idea to care enough to get there input.

Allie
07-23-2006, 01:17 PM
I have heard good things about Heritage, just remember to seriously follow your aftercare .

BigRic
07-23-2006, 01:55 PM
I have heard good things about Heritage, just remember to seriously follow your aftercare .
Of course. but I read some different things about aftercare. The guy who did my tattoo said take the covering off in an hour or less, also when do I switch from the A & D ointment to a moisturizer if anyone could help me out that'd be cool.

offhegoes03
07-23-2006, 02:19 PM
Each artist has their own idea of what the best method for aftercare is. Usually they recommend to leave the bandage on for 3 hours. After that, slowly peel it off and clean the area with antibacterial soap. The guy who tattooed my friend recommended rubbing Cocoa Butter on it about 3 times a day for the first few days and then you could either continue the cocoa butter or just use regular lotion. The shop that I went to handed out a piece of paper afterwards that included all of the aftercare instructions.

BigRic
07-23-2006, 02:41 PM
I've been washing it with an antibacterial soap 3 times a day then putting the A&D on after then patting that off after 10 minutes. Everything seems mostly good now accept for the mapleleaf. It seems like when I pat the A & D off alot of the red is coming off.

TommyBoy
07-23-2006, 05:53 PM
If you're gonna be in Vancouver, stop by Sacred Heart Tattoo. I've gotten 2 tatts done there and they turned out great!

BigRic
07-23-2006, 07:12 PM
If you're gonna be in Vancouver, stop by Sacred Heart Tattoo. I've gotten 2 tatts done there and they turned out great!
where abouts is it? I'm from Burnaby more precisely.

Eszekial
07-23-2006, 11:04 PM

Smalls = Wise

sharkall2003
07-23-2006, 11:13 PM

We've been good friends for over a year and dating over eight months. I know that's not terribly long, but I do like her and her input is taken into consideration.

Anyways, I am looking at getting a tattoo of a cross placed over my heart showing how Jesus protects me at the heart during all times of the day.

TommyBoy
07-24-2006, 07:05 AM
Sacred Heart is in Vancouver, more precisely Kitsilano @ Alma St. & 10th Ave.
Here's their site: http://www.sacredhearttattoo.ca/

offhegoes03
07-24-2006, 08:29 AM
I've been washing it with an antibacterial soap 3 times a day then putting the A&D on after then patting that off after 10 minutes. Everything seems mostly good now accept for the mapleleaf. It seems like when I pat the A & D off alot of the red is coming off.

I'm not an expert since I've only gotten one, but during the healing process, it'll fade a little. Most shops offer free touching up if it fades significantly in the first month, but I'm not sure how badly it has to fade for them to do that for you. Maybe take a picture of what it looks like now so we can compare? I don't have any color in my tattoo (though I will have some in the one I'm getting soon), so I'm not sure exactly how it's supposed to look, but it should still be pretty bright and vibrant from what I've seen on other people.

BigRic
07-24-2006, 08:31 AM
I'm not an expert since I've only gotten one, but during the healing process, it'll fade a little. Most shops offer free touching up if it fades significantly in the first month, but I'm not sure how badly it has to fade for them to do that for you. Maybe take a picture of what it looks like now so we can compare? I don't have any color in my tattoo (though I will have some in the one I'm getting soon), so I'm not sure exactly how it's supposed to look, but it should still be pretty bright and vibrant from what I've seen on other people.
Yeah well the artist seemed cool and it's only the red that seems to be fading so I don't think there will be problems getting it touched up.

ericg
07-24-2006, 10:23 AM
Nice tat.

razorcut
07-24-2006, 11:10 AM
Looks good. Nice design.

Cra-Z
07-26-2006, 12:15 PM
That's a pretty big tat for the first one. LoL. Looks decent.