PDA

View Full Version : Need to work on my diet

offhegoes03
07-24-2006, 04:28 PM
Well I've been bulking for a while now and it's been working for the most part, but I've kinda hit a wall as far as gaining weight goes. I wanted to get some advice on a diet I tried to design. I'll probably try to start following this diet once I move out of my summer dorm and into my apartment on august 5th. A little background, I recently got involved with MMA and am loving it. Starting in the fall, I'm gonna stop lifting as much (cut it down to 2 full body days) and do some sand bag training in addition to the MMA stuff. I want to put on some serious pounds, so I'm trying to have a more regulated diet than just eat whatever I want. I'm 5'8" and 156 lbs. My maintenance cals are somewhere in the 3500-3800 area. Here goes:

M1(8:30 AM): 1 egg, 3 egg whites, 20 oz whole milk, 2 tbsp olive oil, apple
M2(11:30 AM): 8oz Chicken breast, .5 cup cashews, 1 cup grapes
M3(2:30 PM): 20 oz whole milk, .5 cup cahsews
During workout shake: 50 g dextrose, 15 g ON whey
Post workout shake: 25g dextrose, 62 g whey, 5 g creatine
M4(5:30 PM): 1 cup wheat pasta, 8 oz steak
M5(8:30 PM): 8 oz chicken breast salad with 2 cups lettuce, 1 cup grapes
M6(11:30 PM): 20 oz whole milk, 3 tbsp olive oil

Using fitday, I calculated the cals to be just over 4500, fats 240, carbs 310, protein 301. In addition, what's the best way to measure for fruits and vegetables? I might have to get a small kitchen type scale to measure them in oz instead of in "cups". Also, let me know if some of this sounds unreasonable for quantities. Also, I noticed that my %'s are high as far as fats go (about 48%).. the only thing is I don't want to cut out the olive oil b/c of the cals it gives me. I don't know if this number is too high or not, since I'm definitely meeting the 1.5 g rule for protein.