PDA

View Full Version : Fructose?

Jeffreyk
07-25-2006, 06:19 AM
MY trainer told me to add in a banana first thing in the morning and remove the blueberris for a more caloric food and one that is needed first thing in the am to kickstart the body.

He also uses 8-10 rice cakes, or a few nutragrain bars, with his dext. and whey, oats shakes postworkout for the quick carbs. His theory is that he doesnt care what I use as my carb source pw, as long as it's fast acting, and meets the requirements of 40g of protein, 80g of carbs. Then an additional 80 in my 2nd pw meal, and cut back to 50 before bed. Thoughts?

don't want to overanalyze, just a friendly debate. Thoughts?

Eszekial
07-25-2006, 10:05 AM
My first thought is "what the hell?"

My second thought is, "what the hell are you trying to accomplish?"

Blueberries are awesome, so are bananas.. Why not go with both.

ddegroff
07-25-2006, 11:10 AM
AND in the fruit in the AM is good. Most likely your hepatic glyco stores are depleted from the night.

It sounds like he has found what works for him for pre/post workout. Try out some of his suggestions see what works for you. Also like Zek said it all depends on your goals.

Jeffreyk
07-27-2006, 06:21 AM
Goal is lean lean mass.....Just wondering who subscribes to incorporating fruit into their diet? thoughts?

Eszekial
07-27-2006, 08:36 AM
You'll hear it time and time again. "Nobody ever got fat eating fruits and vegetables."

If you can spare the carbs and calories for the day, go for it. I personally am not a fan of either and just avoid at all costs :D

Jeffreyk
07-27-2006, 09:44 AM
pretty nice when added to a oats and whey shake...why do u refrain? Not worried about getting fat, just want the best foods to make the best gains possible!

Eszekial
07-27-2006, 10:14 AM
i just don't like the taste :D

Im a meat guy :D