PDA

View Full Version : Cheating On A Bulk? ? ?

OoOGazOoO
07-26-2006, 07:38 AM
Hi everyone, how are you all? ? ?

Having read the gorge thread which is very impressive :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: i just have a question.

At the moment i am cutting down for my holiday in 5 weeks and basically am sticking to my diet 100%, i have one carb refeed once per week just with clean carb foods to try and get me where i want to be.

I plan on bulking when i come back, i just wanted other peoples' views on it really, it might sound a bit strange really but do you guys cheat on a bulk? ? ?

At the moment i am not craving too badly but it seems once i go on a bulk i really want stuff like sweets, etc... generally more carbs. Should i allow myself a few treats per day once per week like some cookes, donuts, etc... Especially when i have been very strict during my cut? ? ?

Just wanted to hear your views on it when bulking.

Thanks.

Gaz.

Con
07-26-2006, 07:54 AM
Now and then wont kill you, most people arent even 100% true on cutting, why would bulkin be any different.

So moderation is key.

Eszekial
07-26-2006, 11:07 AM
It really just depends on the resaults you want :D

Some will argue that KCAL are KCAL... That is true for gaining weight.

But fitting a donut in at the wrong time might help you gain weight in the wrong places :D

Sure you can do it, but it's only going to hurt you in the long run.

Grant it, some will argue that resetting the cravings will do you a world of good.

My official opinion, keep it in moderation. Maybe have an all you can eat, day, once or twice a month, thrown in a with a heavy day and some sprinting...

djreef
07-26-2006, 01:03 PM
Eat your sweets post workout, like a reward.

DJ

Eszekial
07-26-2006, 01:16 PM
Right, try and carb time your cheet sweets :D

OoOGazOoO
07-26-2006, 01:35 PM
Save them for leg day or something. :D

ddegroff
07-26-2006, 01:47 PM
i have one carb refeed once per week just with clean carb foods to try and get me where i want to be.

How many carbs are you eating per day?

If your on a normal cut then your justifying eating more carbs one day for no reason (cheat day). If your doing super low carb (<50g or less) per day then your high carb day may be justified.

fixationdarknes
07-26-2006, 01:54 PM
Well you can't go your whole life without eating some Krispy Kreme donuts.

OoOGazOoO
Hi ddegroff - its normally around 20 grams on non-workout days - and carbs at PWO and PPWO at workout days around 180 grams in total on workout days.

OoOGazOoO

Im from England - never heard of them - but i get what you mean. :nod:

getfit
i agree and amongst other things.

ddegroff
07-26-2006, 01:56 PM
Alright then I would say your refeed is needed. I've seen some on a normal carb cycling cut feel that they need a refeed when actually its just a cheat day. Why do you go so low on non workout days? (just curious)

OoOGazOoO
07-26-2006, 03:10 PM
Alright then I would say your refeed is needed. I've seen some on a normal carb cycling cut feel that they need a refeed when actually its just a cheat day. Why do you go so low on non workout days? (just curious)

I just find it better to be honest - i respond better to bringing the healthy fats up on non-workout days when cutting. Healthy fats seem to satiate me more than carbs do - carbs just make me hungry.

ddegroff
07-26-2006, 03:15 PM
Yea, i've found the same thing. I love carbs but on low cals they make me way to hungry.

OoOGazOoO
07-26-2006, 03:45 PM
Yea, i've found the same thing. I love carbs but on low cals they make me way to hungry.

Yeh i just find it easier to have a plan and say right - i will have a refeed on 'this day' of each week and look forward to that - keeping fats high when carbs are low - making sure protein is in good content.

MagnaSephiroth
07-26-2006, 07:08 PM
Blah, I have been sticking to my diet for the most part, and being hard on myself. I fear cheat days, and try to avoid them as much as possible so just incase something happens where I have to eat crappy foods, I can just KA-CHING, cash in one of my cheat days. Basically its an emergency. I have been eating clean for about 2-3 months or so without a big cheat day.

KingWilder
07-26-2006, 07:41 PM
2-3 months w/o a big cheat....damn, I'm pretty sure I was cheating like at least 2 times a week (as far as what I ate)...it all ended up mostly fitting my total cals though

OoOGazOoO
07-27-2006, 05:02 AM
Thanks for the responses guys.

I dont really cheat that much anyway if i am honest, it stems from having eating problems in the past.

But just getting over that mental block that says things in 'moderation', if you know what i mean.

I think the last time i actually had a proper cheat meal was a chinese takeaway one evening when i was bulking, probably about 2-3 months ago, and before that, i cant remember when i cheated to be honest.

fixationdarknes
07-27-2006, 11:51 AM
Well sounds like you're doing pretty well then. ;) Keep goin' strong! But if you really want to enjoy yourself a bit and have some yummy foods that you don't normally get to eat, once in a while is fine. I would go more often than once in a while, but I wasn't as dedicated as some others. Oh well.

OoOGazOoO
07-27-2006, 12:25 PM
Thanks buddy - i guess my clean eating stems from when i had eating problems if you know what i mean - i just find it easier to stay on track if i dont tempt myself with stuff that i would actually like once in a while. ;)