PDA

View Full Version : Peanuts or Peanut Butter?

BalancedMan
07-26-2006, 02:31 PM
Hi everyone.

I've been lurking on the site for a while, but feel now is the time to start getting actively involved. I'm 6'1" 185 with 11% body fat, though I am pretty weak imo.

Anyways, I'm trying to "bulk" and eat more throughout the day. Currently I work as a software developer from about 12-6 during the day (for the summer) and ths I need to find foods that aren't too messy or difficult to prepare for while I'm at work.

Today I brought a bannana and some peanuts that I picked up in bulk from the grocery store...which leads me to my question. I see everyone on here always talk about natty PB (I'm a little confused as to what natty means...natural?), but never peanuts or any other type of nuts for that matter. I obviously don't want to be loaded up on saturated fat, but find nuts to be a convenient and tasty mid-day snack/meal. I looked at the nutrition of both PB and peanuts and am just wondering if PB is better for you, as from my number crunching it doesn't appear to be the case.

Thanks.

ddegroff
07-26-2006, 02:37 PM
Yea natty means natural. Which is peanuts mashed up. Eat either one doesn't matter. I perfer almonds to peanuts tho.

emjlr3
07-26-2006, 02:43 PM
unless ur eating natty PB, id suggest peanuts over PB, simply because there is less of the other **** they add(i think)

getfit
07-26-2006, 02:44 PM
eat both,I snack on nuts throughout the day and eat pb with apple and some cottage cheese before bed.

BalancedMan
07-26-2006, 03:15 PM
Excellent. I don't want to go overboard on the peanuts, but they are really portable and don't make a mess, which is a plus for when driving or working on the computer. Pretzels are the food that I used to (and still on occassion) use for this purpose.

Anyways, I'm interested and am trying to read up on how to eat the most effectively...what to eat and different times throughout the day...pre/post workout, etc. But for me, I think the important thing is to just start eating a ton. If that means going through a couple of protein shakes a day, then I guess I have to suck up and do it.

gains2385
07-26-2006, 09:54 PM
Excellent. I don't want to go overboard on the peanuts, but they are really portable and don't make a mess, which is a plus for when driving or working on the computer. Pretzels are the food that I used to (and still on occassion) use for this purpose.

Anyways, I'm interested and am trying to read up on how to eat the most effectively...what to eat and different times throughout the day...pre/post workout, etc. But for me, I think the important thing is to just start eating a ton. If that means going through a couple of protein shakes a day, then I guess I have to suck up and do it.
I LIKE your attitude man. Keep that up!