PDA

View Full Version : Packing dry foods that fit pro/carb/fat

MagnaSephiroth
07-26-2006, 04:59 PM
Im going to stay with uncle this weekend to do some work stuff and I dont want to rely on resturants and fatty fast foods in order to eat. What are some dry foods with good sources of protein ai can bring along to eat as meals or snacks? I want to avoid the fridge, because it makes things soggy, and it just adds another step in meal preperation.

JaredG
07-26-2006, 05:02 PM
Jerky
Nuts
Trail Mix
Drink lots of milk

SpecialK
07-26-2006, 05:31 PM
protein powder (although you'll need a shaker cup and water, but that shouldn't be too bad)
protein bars
mixed nuts
oats

gains2385
07-26-2006, 05:52 PM
Go to Wal-Mart and look through the jerky they have. I forget the name of it, but the macros are (per bag) 3 grams of fat, 9 grams of carbs, and 30 grams of protein. That is a pretty sweet combo.

Take a can of peanut butter if you need too.

MagnaSephiroth
07-26-2006, 07:01 PM
Go to Wal-Mart and look through the jerky they have. I forget the name of it, but the macros are (per bag) 3 grams of fat, 9 grams of carbs, and 30 grams of protein. That is a pretty sweet combo.

Take a can of peanut butter if you need too.

Wow, nice

Only problem is, is it really ok for me to go 2 days eatting nothing but jerky, trail mix, oats, milk, and peanut butter? (hitting macros of course)

gains2385
07-26-2006, 07:19 PM
take your vitamins with you.

On a seperate note, we are such a hardcore group....I am afraid my eating habits will never be the same...

:thumbup:

MagnaSephiroth
07-26-2006, 07:25 PM
take your vitamins with you.

On a seperate note, we are such a hardcore group....I am afraid my eating habits will never be the same...

:thumbup:

Yes we are, I cant even go enjoy myself at my uncles without having my own buffet of food specially for me <sigh> Sometimes I want to be ignorant again just to pig out in the fridge and stuff. Ah well.

So, the weight isn't going to go to places like my gut and become nothing but fat will it from having this diet for a few days? I know it sounds stupid, but if I get the same amount of protein and carbs and fat, just all from snack foods (healthy snack foods) like beef jerky, peanuts, a protein bar, and maybe some tuna here and there, depending on all I bring, I will be theroretically getting the same thing I did before, and the kcals will be going not mostly to fat (like they have been, they have been not going mostly to fat) or am I just worrying over nothing... im not making sense, im hungry :(

KingWilder
07-26-2006, 07:44 PM
your uncle doesn't have a kitchen, chicken...or a grocery store near by?

Turnip
07-26-2006, 09:08 PM
Watch what kinda trail mix you buy, some of it is worse than trans fats dipped in baby oil.

MagnaSephiroth
07-26-2006, 09:43 PM
your uncle doesn't have a kitchen, chicken...or a grocery store near by?

He does, but its a hassel, considering I'm only 17 and my mom doesnt want me driving cross the state (although its only an hour or so drive >.>) and since we will be pretty busy, its a lot easier, plus I don't know if I'm gonna be inside the house or not. If you guys are curious, im working on some stuff for Penny Arcade Expo :evillaugh and I will be working at the convention when they have it.

I went to the store and I picked up some Shakes that are pretty good and portable. I got some jerky (man its expensive) and some healthy granola bars. I'm also bringing some egg white, tuna, and powerbars. So, I'm pretty much set :)

malkore
07-27-2006, 02:31 PM
Watch what kinda trail mix you buy, some of it is worse than trans fats dipped in baby oil.

awww man, that's my favorite trail mix :smoke:

seriously though, for one weekend, I wouldn't worry about it. try to be good, keep the protein intake up, and cheat in moderation if you gotta.

use it as motivation to hit it harder when you get back :)