PDA

View Full Version : Set a new PR

Jinkies
07-26-2006, 07:16 PM
Ive been training behind the neck pushpress trying to strengthen my shoulders for olympic lifts and and work on balance and explosion; todays pushpress workout went especially well.

135x10
185x5
225x5
245x5
275x5
300x3 (PR)

I can probably do more but its a scary lift to do in an area with no padding on the floor, if i mess up im getting hurt or in trouble

gains2385
07-26-2006, 07:32 PM
wow, your a hoss. Is that where you put the weight behind your head and push it up and then let it land/set on your traps?

Jinkies
07-26-2006, 07:39 PM
Yeah, stole it from the strongman video that was posted here

Edit: I use a snatch grip so it can carry over when I do the lift

gains2385
07-26-2006, 07:48 PM
yeah, that vid with the crazy russian guy doing 500 or so pounds? That guy was a freaking beast... You must BE a beast to do all that and top it off with 300x3. Very impressive man.

bjohnso
07-26-2006, 07:51 PM
Mariusz Pudianowski...not sure if I spelled that right. That must be horrible for his back to let the weight come crashing down on his traps like that.

But anyway, to the OP: Nice! I don't really see people push pressing much, and when they do it aint even half that!

Jinkies
07-26-2006, 07:56 PM
It doesn't hurt the slightest bit but it takes perfect form, ive been working the lift for about 3 months and never went past 240 cause I feared that one wrong move would be the end of me. Now that my balance is perfected im able to increase the weight without as much fear. I squat alot more them im push pressing so dropping it on my traps doesnt hurt the least bit.

BigRic
07-26-2006, 08:12 PM
What universities are you getting letters from for university?

Jinkies
07-26-2006, 08:20 PM
Texas State and Tech Tech are almost a surething if I want to get into them but after my trip to UT they hinted that I should try to get on their powerlifting team. Im shooting for USC or something near Venich Beach, the bodybuilding meca

BigRic
07-26-2006, 09:19 PM
You talkin bout schollies from tech n state?

Jinkies
07-26-2006, 09:44 PM
They havn't offically offered anything yet as im just now becomming a junior, im not expecting anything for football but i do well in powerlifting.

Natetaco
07-26-2006, 10:03 PM
300x3 push press, damn sick

Goodwinm
07-27-2006, 05:12 AM
thats sick weight man! damnit I could just about get 167lbs. Well i dont train push presses much but 300x 3 is awesome! well done man!
Me, video, want lol

ritz600
07-27-2006, 06:59 AM
good job:strong:

BigRic
07-27-2006, 07:35 AM
How can you not do well in football? you can do more weight then some of our lineman.

Dinosaur
07-27-2006, 08:20 AM
Ive been training behind the neck pushpress trying to strengthen my shoulders for olympic lifts and and work on balance and explosion; todays pushpress workout went especially well.

135x10
185x5
225x5
245x5
275x5
300x3 (PR)

I can probably do more but its a scary lift to do in an area with no padding on the floor, if i mess up im getting hurt or in trouble

Excellent work! And very impressive. What's your BW?

Guido
07-27-2006, 09:04 AM
Those are some impressive OH lifts. Not enough people do them anymore, but they kick ass! I've never tried push presses, but I'd suspect I'm not anywhere close to that. The most I've had over my head was 205 when doing the max OH squat challenge and the balance was tough. I may try incorporating some push presses back into my routine to get back up my shoiulder strength and balance.

Natetaco
07-27-2006, 09:04 AM
How can you not do well in football? you can do more weight then some of our lineman.

some? geeze

BigRic
07-27-2006, 12:24 PM
some? geeze
College football.

Jinkies
07-27-2006, 04:46 PM
Im weighing in at 256, just trying to maintain right now for season. I have difficulty on the line due to being short and not having the same armspan as a 300 pound 6 2 linemen. I figure ill do pretty good this year, if I dont start varsity im dropping out all together; put too many hours of effort to be dismissed again.

greathuskie
07-27-2006, 05:31 PM
sorry, i dont believe you for *one* second.

show me a video, make me a believer. you are 15 years old, you arent pushing 300 lbs overhead.

Jinkies
07-27-2006, 05:32 PM
im 16 actually, and how about you not post in this thread; you offer nothing to it but negativities.

Stumprrp
07-27-2006, 06:33 PM
well dude, that is just WRONG LOL! 256 damn dude arent you 5'8?

monotone
07-27-2006, 06:34 PM
Another ridiculous post about one of Jinkies "PR's". Yeah by the way everyone, i deadlifted a tractor-trailor today after i did a burn out set on Bench using a redwood tree. I mean ive lifted more in the past, but thats the most ive ever done after running a marathon the day before.

Natetaco
07-27-2006, 06:50 PM
Another ridiculous post about one of Jinkies "PR's". Yeah by the way everyone, i deadlifted a tractor-trailor today after i did a burn out set on Bench using a redwood tree. I mean ive lifted more in the past, but thats the most ive ever done after running a marathon the day before.

Hes been lifting for years. You think he would just make up all his reps and weight and post on this forum all bs? Have you seen any of his pics? hes huge

HeavyBomber
07-27-2006, 07:21 PM
Jinkies, I had no idea you were this strong. That's just awesome.

WBBIRL
07-27-2006, 08:03 PM
Hes been lifting for years. You think he would just make up all his reps and weight and post on this forum all bs? Have you seen any of his pics? hes huge

I wouldnt say the kids huge, and while his numbers are bit hard to swallow I give him the benifit of the doubt.

Vid's would clear up the non believers, if you care though. I want to get some vids up myself but seeing as how my only lifting partner quit its kinda hard to film while your flying solo.

greathuskie
07-27-2006, 11:08 PM

hah you sally, i put handles on my house and deadlifted that, right after swimming a couple hundred laps and fighting chuck norris in a deathmatch. needless to say, im tired.

rbar89
07-27-2006, 11:38 PM

Hes a pretty big dude if youve seen his pics.

greathuskie
07-28-2006, 01:20 AM
i dont care how big he is, hes not pushing 300 lbs overhead, BTN no less. lets put taht into perspective, on the WSM they push a 287lb log overhead for reps.

that means this 16 year old kid could potentially compete in one of the WSM events and beat some contenders in it. this same 16 year old kid claims to overhead squat 40 more lbs then the closest person on this board, who was sensei or anthony if i remember correctly.

does anyone still believe anything he says?

Guido
07-28-2006, 08:50 AM
i dont care how big he is, hes not pushing 300 lbs overhead, BTN no less. lets put taht into perspective, on the WSM they push a 287lb log overhead for reps.

that means this 16 year old kid could potentially compete in one of the WSM events and beat some contenders in it. this same 16 year old kid claims to overhead squat 40 more lbs then the closest person on this board, who was sensei or anthony if i remember correctly.

does anyone still believe anything he says?A behind the neck push press is far easier than an OH press with a log. For one, the log has an awkward grip (neutral grip, palms facing each other) and the center of gravity is further out. Second, the log is cleaned and then pressed overhead from the front, essentially like a standing military press. One is nothing like the other. A push press is mostly about leg strength and shoulder lockout, as well as balance and core strength. A log press from the front is almost all about shoulder and back strength since you are not allowed to use your legs to help get the weight up. Thus, a push press from BTN is MUCH easier than a log press of the same weight.

BTW, I know a guy, Yuri, who is about 210lbs (significantly smaller than Jinkies) who push presses 300+ lbs. He's a national recordholder in deadlift and squat in a few powerlifting feds in his class.

The only thing that might raises doubts about this is that Jinkies is only 16. But if it's true, then :bow:

Goodwinm
07-28-2006, 08:54 AM
i believe jinkies. always have done. but ive always said a video would prove to people what he can do.

Jinkies man. U got a journal started'?

laxguy1028
07-28-2006, 08:59 AM
Thats a great feat of strength

greathuskie
07-28-2006, 11:18 AM
BTW, I know a guy, Yuri, who is about 210lbs (significantly smaller than Jinkies) who push presses 300+ lbs. He's a national recordholder in deadlift and squat in a few powerlifting feds in his class.

The only thing that might raises doubts about this is that Jinkies is only 16. But if it's true, then :bow:

im not saying his lifts arent possible, im saying HE is lying about them.

rbar89
07-28-2006, 11:45 AM

does anyone still believe anything he says?

I never said i believed him, but its possible, hes probably exaggerating all of his lifts by a little bit. Like when he posted:

"It doesn't hurt the slightest bit but it takes perfect form, ive been working the lift for about 3 months and never went past 240 cause I feared that one wrong move would be the end of me. Now that my balance is perfected im able to increase the weight without as much fear. I squat alot more them im push pressing so dropping it on my traps doesnt hurt the least bit."

Maybe in reality he has only done 240 but feels he could do around 300 if he really tried and wasnt fearful of dropping the weight, so he could be lieing like that.

Goodwinm
07-28-2006, 11:49 AM
well even if he was exxagorating his lifts maybe by adding 20-30lbs then his lifts are still damn impressive and incredible for a 15/16 year old.

McVein
07-28-2006, 01:48 PM
well then why waffle???....who is he impressing?

Jinkies
07-28-2006, 02:12 PM
Im not here to make anything up, and it doesn't hurt to drop a bar with 300 pounds on it when thats half of your squat weight. Ive been training hard for years, no one even calls me anymore because they always think im busy training.

Im not here to impress anyone, im merely posting my progress; as for a journal I had one but ended because of peoples harassment towards me. Kind of like certain people posting in this thread. I have no need to post a video because opinions of the majority don't matter, you tell me im fake then I train harder.

McVein
07-28-2006, 02:16 PM
seeing is beleiving....im not so much doubting you..as i am overawed by the fact you repped 300 for 3.........and if it is true, and we all dont beleive you...it makes it even more impressive....

but until proven wrong, im still a sceptic

Goodwinm
07-28-2006, 02:48 PM
Jinkies I wish u'd kep up your journal man! Your strength is an inspiration to me! You have trained so damn hard to get where you are. I hope to follow in your footsteps one day and be repping 300lbs on push presses.

greathuskie
07-28-2006, 03:09 PM
then dont show a video, it only makes people believe you less.

i can squat 1000 lbs, but i dont care if you people believe me so im not going to show a video. sounds dumb doesnt it?

Jinkies
07-28-2006, 03:34 PM
Huskie I can't hate on you because id be the same way as you were if I your position. But honestly you never had anything to offer me or have shown be the least bit of kindness; because of that your opinion means nothing to me but if someone like Wolfe were to come in here and call me a liar you bet your ass id have a video.

waynedang
07-28-2006, 04:38 PM
A behind the neck push press is far easier than an OH press with a log. For one, the log has an awkward grip (neutral grip, palms facing each other) and the center of gravity is further out. Second, the log is cleaned and then pressed overhead from the front, essentially like a standing military press. One is nothing like the other. A push press is mostly about leg strength and shoulder lockout, as well as balance and core strength. A log press from the front is almost all about shoulder and back strength since you are not allowed to use your legs to help get the weight up. Thus, a push press from BTN is MUCH easier than a log press of the same weight.

Ryan, I disagree at least for me. I think it is much easier to clean and press a log than a BB. Granted I dont do any shoulder pressing but the log was much more comfortable for me. Lee (my training partner) has a sick BB push press but does less on the log so in most cases you are right but I am a wierdo!!:strong:

As for the BTN press that is killer. My training partner was a two time college football all american (o-line) can push press 385+ and I doubt he could do that. And here is a log press vid of him http://media.putfile.com/Leelogpress
Keep up the good work but try to get some vid to shut everyone up!

Wayne

Natetaco
07-30-2006, 08:59 AM
Huskie I can't hate on you because id be the same way as you were if I your position. But honestly you never had anything to offer me or have shown be the least bit of kindness; because of that your opinion means nothing to me but if someone like Wolfe were to come in here and call me a liar you bet your ass id have a video.

Dude really try to get a video. Your lifts are so inspiring to kids our age, it would really be awsome if you got one up. We really all want you to lift what you say you lift, that would be awsome to see.

Dinosaur
07-30-2006, 10:02 AM
One video would no doubt earn you a lot of respect and save you a lot of harassment as well.

Sidior
07-30-2006, 11:14 AM
im not saying his lifts arent possible, im saying HE is lying about them.

Huskie you don't have to belive Jinkies but to post in his thread bad mouthing him for no apparant reason makes you look like a jealous child.

To the OP, that is awesome weight to move man after seeing your pics and the weights you are moving you have great things ahead of you. Keep up the hard work bro.

Mike G
07-30-2006, 01:16 PM
Great numbers man. Vids would be awesome to see. Sad that some people have to bad mouth others when you are only sharing your success. Keep up the hard work. BTW, how do you think football is looking this year? I'm a defensive coach and can't wait for the season to start. Good luck.

Dinosaur
08-01-2006, 02:33 PM
Ryan, I disagree at least for me. I think it is much easier to clean and press a log than a BB. Granted I dont do any shoulder pressing but the log was much more comfortable for me. Lee (my training partner) has a sick BB push press but does less on the log so in most cases you are right but I am a wierdo!!:strong:

The log is variable for some people. I've seen guys do much less on a log than a barbell, and I've seen the opposite. Either way, as long as you're pressing heavy weights overhead, you'll get better at both.