PDA

View Full Version : 262 END bulk shirted shot

Jinkies
07-27-2006, 11:50 PM
Ive definately put on some size, according to a bodyfat test taken 8 months ago I was 18 percent bodyfat at 205; two days ago I was bloated and took a measurement and was 17 percent at 260. According to that I've gained atleast 50 pounds of muscle and honesty I can't explain it, ive never even touched a steroid like product but I had never worked by back before a few months ago. Since ive started deadlifting my weight has increased alot, and I did eat everything in site.

Im still not satisfied enough to take a shirted off and I gave up on looks and went for shear mass and strength, I didnt gain as much strength as I wanted in comparision to the mass which in bodybuilding standpoint is fine; im a powerlifter however so thats no good and I need to drop to 245 during the season.

No pump in the pictures my measurements as far as I can remember
15 inch biceps( can't be right)
14 inch Forearms
44 inch Chest
36 inch waist
46 hips ( squatters ass to the max)

With football comming up I tried to gain as much mass as possible because theres a definate chance of muscle loss in season.

Edit: The bottom picture is one taken from last season when I weighed around 210, ive gained some heavy mass and am excited to think of what ima look like should I decide to cut. Im loving being big though, I got my haircut today and the first thing the lady asked me was where do I work out at. Thing is at this size and wearing big clothing its difficult for people to tell that im not fat, I have some minor moobs due to gyne but its slowly changing to pecs and im goin to see my doctor soon.

Beast
07-27-2006, 11:53 PM
You look a hell of a lot bigger than those measurements. How tall are you?

Jinkies
07-27-2006, 11:55 PM
5'8

Tofer
07-28-2006, 12:08 AM
Looking huge, man. You were actually pretty big to start with, but now you're a beast. (Edit: Wow... 262 at only 5'8"?)

But yeah, I'd take those measurements again. Those arms definitely look bigger than 15".

Jinkies
07-28-2006, 12:13 AM
Im mostly proud about the progress ive made on my shoulders, as you can see from my before picture I've had geneticly wide shoulders. Ive been trying my best to add thickness to them as its a key point in bodybuilding and lets face it pretty much every lift incorperates the delts.

BigRic
07-28-2006, 01:29 AM
I moslt hyate your t-shirt
and mainly the right takcle fromt exas for being a beast.l;

Natetaco
07-28-2006, 01:44 AM
holy crap jinkies your massive. What are your max lifts now at the end of the bulk? Your chest looks really big the second pic

Nosaj
07-28-2006, 02:50 AM
Is your bf% in the first pic 17% and your bf% in the second (older) pic 18%? If so, that makes no sense because it looks like you've gained fat in comparisson. :confused: Then again, the picture quality kinda blows and you're wearing a huge shirt. Post some more pics when you feel more comfortable. That being said, you're looking huge. 260~ @ 5'8" is massive. Good job on a successful bulk!

rookiebldr
07-28-2006, 09:23 AM
260 at 5'8 is massive, bro. Good on you.

Antonious
07-28-2006, 10:16 AM
What ever happened to you saying you had 19 inch arms? now its down to 15? lol - you look pretty good though

RBB
07-28-2006, 10:37 AM
260 at 5'8 is massive, bro. Good on you.
i agree. looking real thick, bro.

Eszekial
07-28-2006, 10:38 AM
Damn son! Such an improvement!

Stumprrp
07-28-2006, 11:43 AM
dude your friggin huge your measurements are totally off, im 5'7 and 200 and my arms are 15 and chest 47.

you could also probley get into any club of choice / buy from any liquor store because you look about 25 lol

Jinkies
07-28-2006, 03:19 PM
I thought at one point they were 19, but according to the personal trainer measurements they are 15. I've lost some mass in my arms due to widening my grip and not training triceps but thats a work in progress.

Edit: My forearms were 1 inch less then my arm according to the trainer yet looking at the picture now It looks like there is a little more mass.

Im lowerbodyfat in the firstpicture which shocks me aswell but I thought about it. 17 percent of fat at 260 is MORE fat then 18 percent a 205 so I have gained fat, just lowered the percentage. Im not even sure what my goals for the future are at this point, just keep lifting. Like stump says I look extremely old and that picture was a about 4 days after shaving.

My thoughts on the whole lifting/bodybuilding has changed dramatically. In the beginning I thought I started to lift to be excepted but now everyone calls me steroids even though im natural; people will always have another word for hardwork I suppose.

sharkall2003
07-28-2006, 03:25 PM
You damn beast. You look incredible. I hope to be about that large and lean in a year or so. You must be working your ass off at the gym. Congratulations.

WBBIRL
07-28-2006, 06:13 PM
50lbs of muscle in 8 months is crazy, but why no unshirted shot??? You had definition when you were at 205 and now with 57lbs of more muscle you dont want to take an unshirted shot??? You have to look way more massive.

And why not start a traning log up, im interested in seeing how you do things

JSully
07-28-2006, 06:24 PM
50lbs of muscle in 8 months is crazy, but why no unshirted shot??? You had definition when you were at 205 and now with 57lbs of more muscle you dont want to take an unshirted shot??? You have to look way more massive.
probably because his belly is bigger now.

BigRic
07-28-2006, 07:11 PM
I can't see how your waist can be 36 inches, that's only 1 inch more around than mine and I'm pretty lean at 6'1 205

Jinkies
07-28-2006, 08:44 PM
According to the measurements, I was bloated and holdin some water while they were taken though. Ive been training to have a big belly for powerlifting in order to have a better arch and less distance to bring the bar down. Im leaner but not really looking it, my bodytype is weird I suppose. I literally look the same as I did at 205 just bigger, my bodyfat didnt really change but the muscle underneath it grew bigger so it looks like I got a keg right now.

Stumprrp
07-28-2006, 09:08 PM
its all good man, post up shirtless and pose for us!!

lmfao that sounds SO queer.

Gabrielle
07-28-2006, 11:16 PM
you gained a lot of size but how much did your bodyfat % go up? In the 1st pic you are prob 12% which is extremely impressive for your height, weight and age. I hope you didn't get too many crazy stretchmarks. Regardless, that is massive for your height and age, bro.

KarateBoy
07-28-2006, 11:52 PM
I can't see how your waist can be 36 inches, that's only 1 inch more around than mine and I'm pretty lean at 6'1 205

I'm going to call shens on being "lean" with a 35'' waist..you're proably around 17-18% with that.

Jinkies....260 lbs..wow...I'm speachless.

Jinkies
07-29-2006, 07:44 AM
The stretchmarks are nothing new, I was fat my whole life reaching 135 in 3rd
grade spanning to 290 in 8th, my body is not surprised by this gain at all. Right now Ive given up looks for the sake of never being able to fix skin or stretchmarks so im going for all size and strength, im curious to what a cut could do for me though. I've trained really hard and only hope to get better but would like to give thanks to yall for helping me progress; this forum although angering at times has given me alot of information. I hope oneday I can support the site onstage but thats a far away future. I've got one goal in mind right now, getting some definition because I think i've fallen for a girl. Thats a way different story.

sharkall2003
07-29-2006, 07:49 AM
The stretchmarks are nothing new, I was fat my whole life reaching 135 in 3rd
grade spanning to 290 in 8th, my body is not surprised by this gain at all. Right now Ive given up looks for the sake of never being able to fix skin or stretchmarks so im going for all size and strength, im curious to what a cut could do for me though. I've trained really hard and only hope to get better but would like to give thanks to yall for helping me progress; this forum although angering at times has given me alot of information. I hope oneday I can support the site onstage but thats a far away future. I've got one goal in mind right now, getting some definition because I think i've fallen for a girl. Thats a way different story.

Don't do it Jinkies! Don't lose the weight and strength. I was never as strong as you, but I lost 30 lbs and I thought it would be for a chicky. She ended up liking me be large and in charge! Hehehe. But, to each their own, brother. Hopefully you just keep being a huge mother ****er.

Stumprrp
07-29-2006, 07:51 AM
Jinkies - i was also that heavy in 3rd grade lol, me and you seem to have very similar genetics for lifting, when did you start? i kick myself in the ass for starting so late.

Im guessing you ate a friggin lot dude, milk up the arse, was it clean or dirty?

Jinkies
07-29-2006, 07:58 AM
I started lifting towards the end of 8th, there was no big life changing event that caused me to change; I was tired I developed a hate and a self concious opinion which has yet to leave which fueled me to workout. My diets not even in key, I went all my ear and ate when I thought I needed to and ate what I thought would get me bigger and keep me healthy. Somedays I will sleep in and eat 2 meals with no snacks and others i'll just binge eat off oatmeal and protein shakes.

I havn't really touched milk until this last week for the past few months, forgot all about it lol. Im sure Built among others would cringe at the fact that I've got a horrible diet and have yet to fix it. I've got some of the most hardcore workouts I've ever seen done and preform them on a sceduale everyday, if anyones curious I can pm them but its mostly the basics. I've just been doing it for so long its become a habit so I don't even concider lifting anything out of the ordinary just a daily thing like brushing the teeth.

Edit: I will do yall the justice and post some shirtless soon, My body isn't the greatest thing but seems to work well; Id like some healthy critque but I concider another 8-12 years of hardwork to complete my goal and be happy.

sharkall2003
07-29-2006, 08:42 AM
Jinkies- I weighed in at 135 beginning of fourth grade. I have the genetics to be large, but I don't eat nearly as much as I used to. I know how you feel with the weight thing, you can gain it like nothing, literally. Good luck, bro.

Stumprrp
07-29-2006, 09:33 AM
same force that drives me daily bro, so you pretty much go in the gym and free ball it, no routine?

WBBIRL
07-29-2006, 09:56 AM
I dont remember what I was in 3rd grade, but first was 100lbs 5th was 155lb 7th was 180 something 8th was like 225 9th was alittle over 260 and 10th was a peak of 315 on one point durning the football season.

I think it would be cool if you just openly posted your training methods, unless their like something you have to pay for. Either way im up for a PM

Gutz981
07-29-2006, 07:45 PM
No way your 17 percent bodyfat. No way. Good for you if you are.But I personally call bull****.

Jinkies
07-29-2006, 09:16 PM
I wouldnt post if it wasn't true, thats the measurements that were taken with calpers. My mother has a bone density machine which I might get a scan for the second opinion.

Stumprrp
07-29-2006, 09:48 PM
what ever body fat you are, your looking giant and not fat looking. any specific training ideas being followed on this bulk?

WBBIRL
07-29-2006, 09:51 PM
Yep, im still waiting for that PM there jinkies. I would like to see the method behind the mountain lol.

Gutz981
07-29-2006, 10:10 PM
Eh to each their own. But you look alot like a friend of mine and he is easily around 25%. Alot of size there though buddy. Keep up the good work.

Natetaco
07-30-2006, 10:19 AM
i think everyone really wants to see an unshirted shot.

Sidior
07-30-2006, 12:16 PM
looking huge bro

Alex.V
07-30-2006, 12:23 PM
Im sure Built among others would cringe at the fact that I've got a horrible diet and have yet to fix it.

If it ain't holdin you back, and you don't live on cheeseburgers and beer, I say **** it and keep doing what you're doing.

Patz
07-30-2006, 01:20 PM
I'd be really surprised if those arms aren't 18 inches.

You're humongous..

Stumprrp
07-30-2006, 01:46 PM
when i seen them i was thinking 19-20 lol

Jinkies
07-31-2006, 04:21 PM
Found and older shot of myself from lastyear during football season. Looking in retrospec I wasn't too bad and judged myself harshly; I plan on cuttin back down and see If I can get the cut jaw.

Stumprrp
07-31-2006, 04:29 PM
your face in that picture and your new picture looks much different lol, what are the stats these days? and the routine?

McVein
07-31-2006, 04:38 PM
jinkies you are huuuuuge..

how long was there between 1st and 2nd pic man?

Jinkies
07-31-2006, 04:49 PM
Close to a year, I figured myself fat in the picture back then so I put on weight so I could lose it to be ripped ( dunno what I was thinking) Right now im going all for looks and since it looks like im dropping out of football I can go through with my cut. Im not posting any shirtless, after getting my physical he confirmed my greatest fear. I've got a horrible case of gyno and they are going to have to operate. Im quitting football so I can get a job to pay for the operation as insurance doesn't cover it. Im scared to confront the coach

Stumprrp
07-31-2006, 05:12 PM
its all good dude, i was going to ask if that was the problem and i respect your choice. are the sugerys for this expensive?

Bob
07-31-2006, 06:21 PM
Close to a year, I figured myself fat in the picture back then so I put on weight so I could lose it to be ripped ( dunno what I was thinking) Right now im going all for looks and since it looks like im dropping out of football I can go through with my cut. Im not posting any shirtless, after getting my physical he confirmed my greatest fear. I've got a horrible case of gyno and they are going to have to operate. Im quitting football so I can get a job to pay for the operation as insurance doesn't cover it. Im scared to confront the coach
Jinkies.. dude.. don't do it..
Stay with Football as long as you can.. if you like it or love it, you will regret the day you quit. Or that you can no longer play any more..

I understand the gyno.. had the same thing when I was young.. and although it's embarassing at times.. unless you want to be a professional BB'er, it's not a big deal.. any woman who judges you on it, is not the woman you want to marry.. and any guy who who judges you on it, just show him your BP and Squat numbers and tell him to shut up!

And you have a better potential to make money in your 20's.. then while you are 17... play football now.. as you said your height may limit your college playing, although with your strength I bet there might be someone who will look for a nose tackle with that kind of strength..

Good luck dude..

Jinkies
07-31-2006, 07:36 PM
Yeah thats what everyone tells me, Im gonna stick with it but I always get the pre-season jitters. I hear varsity is cake though, practice you just go light contact against the JV and your top dog so friday night is the ****.

Stumprrp
07-31-2006, 08:55 PM
were you varsity last year?

Jinkies
07-31-2006, 08:58 PM
I was freshman b and jv b, I guess its why I've lost alot of faith in the program. If they dont put me on varsity and im holding every record in the school then im quiting without a doubt. I don't think thats happening though

Stumprrp
07-31-2006, 09:01 PM
well your going into what 11th grade? at your size and strength if you arent varsity the coaches are ******ed, what is your current big 3?

smalls
08-01-2006, 04:26 PM
No way your 17 percent bodyfat. No way. Good for you if you are.But I personally call bull****.

I wouldnt post if it wasn't true, thats the measurements that were taken with calpers. My mother has a bone density machine which I might get a scan for the second opinion.

I dont call bull**** at all. But your not 17% BF either. I'm sure you calpered at around 17 but in reality you are higher. Just above 20% probably from what I can see in the pic. I think if you did a bodpod, hydrostatic, or DEXA you would get a better result.

Regardless, that is awesome progress and you are doing well at attaining your goals. Keep hitting it.

Bob
08-01-2006, 07:02 PM
I was freshman b and jv b, I guess its why I've lost alot of faith in the program. If they dont put me on varsity and im holding every record in the school then im quiting without a doubt. I don't think thats happening though
Jinkies.. did you ever think that may be your answer to Football is in your other thread:
http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?p=1445585

If you have NO cardio.. then perhaps you aren't lasting long enough in your practices or game situations for your coaches to evaluate your strength on the line??

When does practice start? Do you have at least a week or 2? Because you can get some great GPP in before camp starts. And not have to worry about the strength you build up.

As the experts say.. it's easier to build endurance for a strength athlete, then build strength/mass in an endurance athlete.

Go into Anthony's journal and try a couple of his WOs..:whip:
Good luck dude...

Jinkies
08-01-2006, 11:40 PM
Thats just a recent problem thats hit me, a few months back before my bulk I had a 6 minute mile which was decent and after completing some intense camps was in what I think great physical condition at the time. Didn't look as good and wasn't as strong but my heart was better. In season I train for cardio but off season I go for as much mass as possible; the other post was just a concern I hadn't run a while and since im doing some cardio now I was having problems I never experieced.

nawmean
08-02-2006, 12:53 AM
Damn man, huge! Let's put it this way: I wouldn't want to get on the football field if I had to play you. :whip:

BigRic
08-02-2006, 08:18 AM
Hows the speedm you said you were 4.9 before at like 210 or something so it must be hurt pretty bad right now?

Jinkies
08-02-2006, 01:23 PM
Speed was real bad, I got it tested after a workout where I maxed on powercleans and scored a 5.3. Im thinking it improved and that was just a bad time to test. My explosive power went up so much, my verticle went from 18-30 in the period of my gain aswell.

Im thinking off trying a 10 week cycle of Blitz and thinking ill replace it with 17-HD and Viraloid which im on now as a natural booster so I shouldnt lose any gains or strength in the switch. Anyone got any info on this theory?

Natetaco
08-02-2006, 01:34 PM
Omg if you ran a 4.9 at 262 with that much strength... that would knock someone apart. literally

Jinkies
08-02-2006, 01:45 PM
Warren Sapp used to run a 4.8, im hoping to tone down to about 240 and get my speed to a 4.6 or so. Longterm goal and gotta see if I got the genetics for it, my brother and dad ran 4.3's but neither were ever over 200 pounds

Stumprrp
08-02-2006, 01:55 PM
thats a beastly 40 dude mines like 8 lol :D

BigRic
08-02-2006, 08:03 PM
If you were running a 4.8 20 or so pounds ago I think 5.3 is reasonable. I wouldn't expect your 40 time to go down with significant weight gain in a short amount of time. I've been lucky as I've never gained alot of mass in little time and i've been able to keep my 40 fast.

Jinkies
08-02-2006, 10:38 PM
I think majority of my lost of speed was not training running in 3 months, I believe it has improved just I havn't conditioned my legs to show it. I think with a month of running training it will return to a low 4.8 if not better.

Nosaj
08-03-2006, 03:28 AM
Are you one of those guys who goes swimming with a t-shirt on too? ;)

Wet t-shirt contest, woohoo! :hump:

Nicoman
08-03-2006, 04:08 AM
Dude nice mass....

jed
08-14-2006, 02:55 AM
Jinkies!! your the man! I hope you have good luck in football, if your coaches dont have you on the starting line either way they might be idiots, no one can ignore THAT much brute strength and explosive power you have. What size of school do you go to? Also, congrats on being a huge *** mother ******!!! hopefully I can get as strong as you some day, your an inspiration!

Cra-Z
08-14-2006, 09:23 AM
You're pretty friggin' big dude. Massive size for your height. Big ol' teddy bear. I say stick to football too, if you love it.

Stumprrp
08-14-2006, 09:35 AM
you could be an extremely successful defensive tackle, running backs wouldnt stand a chance and you would probley be double teamed. Center would also be a great position for you being shorter you could double team the DLine and with the explosiveness drive them out for the backs to get through.

-Maverick-
08-17-2006, 09:18 PM
Geez, if you could get a bit faster, you would make a killer linebacker... kinda like Zach Thomas, the MLB for the Dolphins. Playing as a center could also work since your height would give you alot leverage over those defensive linemen.

HeavyBomber
08-17-2006, 09:35 PM
Damn man, huge! Let's put it this way: I wouldn't want to get on the football field if I had to play you. :whip:

I would, I'd kick your ass dude. No, I'm kidding but actually I would :)

No man, seriously, you are looking big and strong. Keep working, you're already stronger than anyone I know at your age. You have major potential.

Jinkies
08-17-2006, 10:19 PM
Thanks for the posts all, I recently quit my football team due to some complications so my bulk is going to continue longer. I revamped my routine after BCC made a great point when I asked him how he developed a powerfull back. Ive decided to slowly move to 270 in hopes to be a lean 260 when im 18.

Slim Schaedle
08-17-2006, 10:50 PM
Thanks for the posts all, I recently quit my football team due to some complications so my bulk is going to continue longer. I revamped my routine after BCC made a great point when I asked him how he developed a powerfull back. Ive decided to slowly move to 270 in hopes to be a lean 260 when im 18.
I'm not sure how lean you plan on being at 260, but a drop of only 10 pounds is not going to get you a drastically lower BF percentage.

In the past I thought I could do the same and it was no where near as lean as I set my goal.

Bob
08-18-2006, 12:12 AM
Sorry about the football Jinkies..
Good luck with the Bulking.. it'll be interesting to watch your progress..

Time now to go to one of the PL organizations and set some records..
Without football in your way this year.. you can get achieve some great success with your numbers.. I think we've already shown you the official records.. you can be there..

And then come back and kick that football coaches arse next yr.

Good luck..

Hockey66
08-18-2006, 12:19 AM
I'm not sure how lean you plan on being at 260, but a drop of only 10 pounds is not going to get you a drastically lower BF percentage.

In the past I thought I could do the same and it was no where near as lean as I set my goal.

He said lean 260 when he's 18, so he has two years to put on some serious mass and cut bodyfat.

KingWilder
08-18-2006, 12:51 AM

I'm actually curious what pointers Chase gave you to help with your back...mind sharing?

Jinkies
08-18-2006, 08:14 AM
He didn't say anything special; I told him I couldnt get my back to grow and he asked how long I worked out. I said 2-3 hours on my back day and he pointed out that Its impossible to give 100 percent effort for much longer then about 45 minutes. Anything past that is pretty much a wasted motion and is only tiring your muscles out. I was doing about 5 sets of lat pulldown for example when only two were neccesary.

The idea behind it made me rethink it, cut my routine down and pull the most weight I can in the important exercises. I used to deadlift every back day and afterthat Id be so burnt out in the hands I couldnt lat pull over 180 for reps. I completely cut deadlift out of my routine for the next few months in order to develop my lats better and was able to latpull 225x10 for 2 sets yesturday. Its pretty much that same principal through it, hopefully it will yield some good results but I need to start training for strength again soon.

The only problem Im having is that im gaining way to much mass, my bf isnt going up but even so im not gaining relative strength gains along with it and thats going to kill my chances at powerlifting.

Darcy Tucker
08-18-2006, 01:03 PM

Me too. I thought I was going to be like Ronnie Coleman until I shed my bodyfat and found out I was more like Ashton Kutcher.

SaVvY
08-18-2006, 01:29 PM
nice progress

im 262lbs + 6 foot 4 - my arms are 16in forearm, an 17 arm, an my chest is 50.5, those measurements dont make any sense

Jinkies
08-18-2006, 04:44 PM
Just means your holding more mass in other parts of your body. Id start some arm work though, 17 inch is a little small for 260

Edit: Just read your height, so that can change things. Im only 5 8 so 260 on be would be alot thicker then 260 on you

SaVvY
08-19-2006, 09:39 AM
Just means your holding more mass in other parts of your body. Id start some arm work though, 17 inch is a little small for 260

Edit: Just read your height, so that can change things. Im only 5 8 so 260 on be would be alot thicker then 260 on you
yeh so thats why im thinking its not making sense dude - you should measure yourself, get a tape, you look bigger than those measurements, an the weight for height makes absolutely no sense out of it

other parts of my body are not really all that small either, legs are 30.5in thigh an 19in calf etc

BigMatt
08-22-2006, 02:31 PM
I prefer the bottom picture look.
Lean is what im aiming for.
Whathever suit your boat!

Jinkies
08-22-2006, 05:00 PM
Ill be posting some new progress pictures in about 5 weeks with some shirtless, im close to 270 right now and experimenting with masterdrol. Hopefully I will yield some good results by then and have the courage to go shirtless

tsmithy
08-23-2006, 04:09 AM
Looking pretty big, what are u lifts?

Bench?

Squat?

Dead?

muscle chic
08-23-2006, 07:57 AM
Huge difference!! You'll look awesome cut up!!

Guido
08-23-2006, 09:49 AM
I'm the same height as you but only just over 200 lbs, yet all my measurements except the hips are either bigger or the same size as yours. How is that possible???

WBBIRL
08-23-2006, 12:31 PM
Probably because you've been lifting ALOT longer then him and more of you is muscle mass.

Just my assumptions.

sharkall2003
08-23-2006, 12:40 PM
Probably because you've been lifting ALOT longer then him and more of you is muscle mass.

Just my assumptions.

Muscle ways a lot more than fat......

JHolmes145
08-23-2006, 01:40 PM
Muscle ways a lot more than fat......

'
myth.......a pound of matter is a pound of matter......does 1 lb of gold weigh more then 1 lb of gummies.....NO. also take this into consideration take a fat person and a muscular person who both weigh the same, if you were to turn into a cannibal and ate them, the fatty would have more cals.i never understood the logic of this myth

SaVvY
08-23-2006, 01:46 PM
'
myth.......a pound of matter is a pound of matter......does 1 lb of gold weigh more then 1 lb of gummies.....NO. also take this into consideration take a fat person and a muscular person who both weigh the same, if you were to turn into a cannibal and ate them, the fatty would have more cals.i never understood the logic of this myth
its not a myth - for the same size, muscle weighs more than fat, just as bone weighs more than muscle

JHolmes145
08-23-2006, 02:08 PM
how can 1lb x weigh more then 1lb x.....yes 2 lbs of bones weighs more then 1 lb of mucles jus watch your wording.and your confusing weight with density btw

Jinkies
08-23-2006, 02:34 PM
Muscle weighs more but takes of less space.

Bench-420
Squat-630
Deadlift-600
Clean-340
OH Squat-300

JHolmes145
08-23-2006, 02:49 PM
use density and understand the distinction between size and weight. heres what you should say jinkies.
muscle is more dense then fat
fat has more volume then muscle

Guido
08-23-2006, 04:42 PM

Just my assumptions.If more of me is muscle mass, then my measurements should be even that much smaller than his, considering he weighs 60lbs more than me!

McVein
08-23-2006, 04:56 PM
how can 1lb x weigh more then 1lb x.....yes 2 lbs of bones weighs more then 1 lb of mucles jus watch your wording.and your confusing weight with density btw

are you joking yeah?? of course 1lb is the same as 1lb

But i Sq inch of fat, wighs less than a Sq inch of muscle

sharkall2003
08-23-2006, 09:32 PM
'

You think I am stupid? I should have said that muscles density is much greater than that of fat. Therefore, if you have a lot of muscle you might weigh a lot and not take up as much space as someone with a higher bodyfat percentage as you.

Stumprrp
08-23-2006, 09:34 PM
your numbers make me depressed but now i just work harder thanks dude :D

JHolmes145
08-23-2006, 09:52 PM
You think I am stupid? I should have said that muscles density is much greater than that of fat. Therefore, if you have a lot of muscle you might weigh a lot and not take up as much space as someone with a higher bodyfat percentage as you.

everything is relative, i never said you were stupid. but jus think about what your saying and change the words to any thing....gold weighs more then silver, nickel weighs more then copper, rice weighs more then grain. with every wording it sounds stupid but for some reason muscle weighs more then fat makes perfect sense?

KingJustin
11-06-2006, 06:02 PM
Jinkies, in that 'before' picture, you look almost exactly like someone that went to my high school. Where are you from?

Also, phenomenal progress. You're going to be a world class lifter if you can keep it up.

Jordanbcool
11-06-2006, 08:44 PM
Man, I wish I could look like that :(

I'm trying to get up to 230.......damn and I thought that would be big.

deeder
11-06-2006, 09:10 PM
Where's the shirtless shot?

FighterInSnatch
11-06-2006, 11:13 PM
Where's the shirtless shot?:shoot:

deeder
11-07-2006, 02:44 AM
:shoot:

Um?

Fuzzy
11-07-2006, 03:44 AM
When I grow up, I wanna be just liiiike Jinkies...

And the bastard is 2 years older than me, I feel so small and week.

Grr...

Natetaco
11-07-2006, 06:07 AM
everything is relative, i never said you were stupid. but jus think about what your saying and change the words to any thing....gold weighs more then silver, nickel weighs more then copper, rice weighs more then grain. with every wording it sounds stupid but for some reason muscle weighs more then fat makes perfect sense?

no dude your not getting it. muscle is DENSER than fat. you can be smaller than a fat person of course but weigh the same because you have more muscle mass than them.

Hockey66
11-07-2006, 11:39 AM
use density and understand the distinction between size and weight. heres what you should say jinkies.
muscle is more dense then fat
fat has more volume then muscle

Dude, you're just further disproving your own point now. Fat does not have more volume than muscle, 1 cubic inch of fat is the exact same volume as 1 cubic inch of muscle, although it weighs a lot less. Everyone knows that by saying "muscle weighs more than fat" people mean it is more dense. It's just like referring to mercury as "heavy."

JHolmes145
11-07-2006, 03:55 PM
no dude your not getting it. muscle is DENSER than fat. you can be smaller than a fat person of course but weigh the same because you have more muscle mass than them.

"muscles weighs more then fat" could be implying that. but as presented the statement is flawed, think about it when you say weigh and only using uinits of measure for weight(grams, lbs) not units of meausure for size(volume, density)

so imagine this mary weighs more then billy. the first thing i would ask is well how much? not how much space does each object occupy and how well does each object float.....which is what volume and density would refer to. so by saying muscle weighs more then fat, would imply a unit of measure for weight. and to me its all relative to what is being weighed.

deeder
11-07-2006, 04:27 PM
"muscles weighs more then fat" could be implying that. but as presented the statement is flawed, think about it when you say weigh and only using uinits of measure for weight(grams, lbs) not units of meausure for size(volume, density)

so imagine this mary weighs more then billy. the first thing i would ask is well how much? not how much space does each object occupy and how well does each object float.....which is what volume and density would refer to. so by saying muscle weighs more then fat, would imply a unit of measure for weight. and to me its all relative to what is being weighed.

You guys are all morons. Everyone knew the original guy was refering to density.

Stop trying to boost your ego by *attempting* to make other people look dumb. Yes, the statement "muscle weighs more than fat" is ambiguous but any logical person can see that the volume is implicitly the same.

To clear it up for you guys:

Density -- mass per unit volume
Weight -- the amount of mass
Volume -- the amount of space, measured in cubic units, that an object or substance occupies

Hockey66
11-07-2006, 06:43 PM
You guys are all morons. Everyone knew the original guy was refering to density.

Stop trying to boost your ego by *attempting* to make other people look dumb. Yes, the statement "muscle weighs more than fat" is ambiguous but any logical person can see that the volume is implicitly the same.

To clear it up for you guys:

Density -- mass per unit volume
Weight -- the amount of mass
Volume -- the amount of space, measured in cubic units, that an object or substance occupies

Yes, we're all morons. You're just repeating everything that we've already said, and that is that any logical person can see that he meant that muscle is more dense. You're the one trying to boost your ego by throwing around insults. The only reason you put others down is to *attempt* to make yourself look better.

Jinkies
11-07-2006, 06:45 PM
Guys don't get my thread closed.

JHolmes145
11-07-2006, 07:01 PM
im sorry jinkies i took it to the general chat but it got closed. im done. i agree and i understand what you guys mean "muscle weighs more then fat" per cubic square inch by saying that then its true. growing up my dad was fat and would always say,"well im heavy because muscle weighs more then fat" i knew that was bs because 1 time my dad tried to bench and couldnt do 150 once. so i jus have a personal vendetta against it because i feel its a cop out.

KingJustin
11-07-2006, 07:14 PM
Jinkies, in that 'before' picture, you look almost exactly like someone that went to my high school. Where are you from?

JHolmes, please stop making ******ed comments in this/all the other threads.

Thanks.

JHolmes145
11-07-2006, 07:33 PM
JHolmes, please stop making ******ed comments in this/all the other threads.

Thanks.
hey burgerking your not the king of wannabebig so dont tell me what to do.now i know a guy who calls himself king must think really high of himself, but you still cant order me around. this is wannabebig not wannabemoderater.

thanks

Midason
11-07-2006, 08:08 PM
Ive definately put on some size, according to a bodyfat test taken 8 months ago I was 18 percent bodyfat at 205; two days ago I was bloated and took a measurement and was 17 percent at 260. According to that I've gained atleast 50 pounds of muscle and honesty I can't explain it, ive never even touched a steroid like product but I had never worked by back before a few months ago. Since ive started deadlifting my weight has increased alot, and I did eat everything in site.

Im still not satisfied enough to take a shirted off and I gave up on looks and went for shear mass and strength, I didnt gain as much strength as I wanted in comparision to the mass which in bodybuilding standpoint is fine; im a powerlifter however so thats no good and I need to drop to 245 during the season.

No pump in the pictures my measurements as far as I can remember
15 inch biceps( can't be right)
14 inch Forearms
44 inch Chest
36 inch waist
46 hips ( squatters ass to the max)

With football comming up I tried to gain as much mass as possible because theres a definate chance of muscle loss in season.

Edit: The bottom picture is one taken from last season when I weighed around 210, ive gained some heavy mass and am excited to think of what ima look like should I decide to cut. Im loving being big though, I got my haircut today and the first thing the lady asked me was where do I work out at. Thing is at this size and wearing big clothing its difficult for people to tell that im not fat, I have some minor moobs due to gyne but its slowly changing to pecs and im goin to see my doctor soon.

Dude looks awesome

deeder
11-07-2006, 09:19 PM
Yes, we're all morons. You're just repeating everything that we've already said, and that is that any logical person can see that he meant that muscle is more dense. You're the one trying to boost your ego by throwing around insults. The only reason you put others down is to *attempt* to make yourself look better.

No I put down others because there were so many dumb posts arguing what he could have meant or how it could be interpreted.

ArchAngel777
11-08-2006, 01:48 PM

Have to agree with this pretty heavily. Looking at your picture Jinkies, I think you have a ton of flab that is going to take a very long time to get rid of. You do have some good amount of mass, but plenty of lard to go with it. A shirtless picture would really show everyone here just how much you are going to have to cut. Now, I don't say this to be mean or reign on your parade. I was once pretty fat too and I think you do not realize how fat you are until it comes time to lose it... Some of these uncontrolled bulks that go on here can take well over a year to recover from.

With all the asside, you are one monster dude... You can put up big weights and a beyond your years for certain... I just hope you don't ruin your body with excessive bulking. My opinion only.

Jordanbcool
11-08-2006, 05:40 PM
Honestly I've never really worried about bulking to much. If you get off track you could easily do a psmf and save yourself a ton of time. A really fat overweight person could really lose alot of weight much faster (and with less problems) then a leaner person on the same diet.

I understand that most people don't like the PSMF but I use it almost exclusivly or to atleast jump start a more modest diet. With such a monster calorie reduction, you're going to lose a good 7-10lbs of FAT within a few weeks (2-3). I think jinkies could probably drop the weight just as fast as a leaner person on a more moderate diet. The psmf isnt perfect but if you do the refeeds right you shouldnt lose much muscle at all. And like I said, the fatter you are on a psmf the better.

-jordan

deeder
11-08-2006, 11:45 PM
Honestly I've never really worried about bulking to much. If you get off track you could easily do a psmf and save yourself a ton of time. A really fat overweight person could really lose alot of weight much faster (and with less problems) then a leaner person on the same diet.

I understand that most people don't like the PSMF but I use it almost exclusivly or to atleast jump start a more modest diet. With such a monster calorie reduction, you're going to lose a good 7-10lbs of FAT within a few weeks (2-3). I think jinkies could probably drop the weight just as fast as a leaner person on a more moderate diet. The psmf isnt perfect but if you do the refeeds right you shouldnt lose much muscle at all. And like I said, the fatter you are on a psmf the better.

-jordan

I can't see anyone losing 7-10lbs of fat in that short of time. Most of it would be water weight.

Sidior
11-08-2006, 11:54 PM
I can't see anyone losing 7-10lbs of fat in that short of time. Most of it would be water weight.

If my maintenance cals were 4000 and I did a PSMF only getting 1000 cals a day. Wouldnt I be 42000cals (3000x14) below maintenance for 2 weeks. Those 42000 cals would mean a loss of 12lbs in 2 weeks. If my bf% was higher than 20 I could see most if not all of that being fat. Not to mention additional loss of weight because of water.

Jordanbcool
11-08-2006, 11:59 PM

Deeder. On a psmf you usually lose 10-15lbs in the first week alone. This of course is a combination of fat, water, glycogen and muscle. After the first week weight loss usually slows down to 2-4lbs of mostly fat and some muscle (some water depending on drinking habits).

Its really not good of me to give you these numbers. A fat person like myself or jinkies (sorry bud! you look great though!!) could lose a significantly more amount of fat, water etc. etc.

A large person with a maitanence of 4k or so could be eating as little as 900 calories a DAY. Do the math.....over a span of 2-3 weeks.

Thats a ton of weight, a good part of it will be fat, majority will be water and then the rest is muscle and stored carbohydrate.

Honestly I (personally) think its pretty beautiful. You rebuild most (if not all) the muscle lost on refeeds.

Organichu
11-09-2006, 12:07 AM
Not to be a showoff, but I used it to very very very great success.

When you're fat- not "omg I have a thin layer of tissue covering my abs", but REALLY fat- PSMF is incredible.

Jordanbcool
11-09-2006, 12:21 AM
Not to be a showoff, but I used it to very very very great success.

When you're fat- not "omg I have a thin layer of tissue covering my abs", but REALLY fat- PSMF is incredible.

Yup.

Being overly fat protects against LBM loss too. Thats why this bulk I'm not really afraid of getting to 20% or so. Dropping fat is easier the fatter you are. Dieting only because the all hated when you get around to the 12< range. Then you run into a whole host of problems..

Organichu
11-09-2006, 01:00 AM
Yeah. I don't even care about hitting sub-10% until I have enough LBM to make it worthwhile.

Therefore PSMF is the only fat loss diet I even bother with.

Sidior
11-09-2006, 10:34 AM
You kids have got me thinking a PSMF may be a good idea if my fatass climbs too much over the 220s.

Jinkies
11-09-2006, 03:56 PM
Im weighing 284 right now, no matter how much id like to admit my body fat as climbed but its ranging between 18-22 percent. I like to cut down to around 260 with a PSMF diet hopefully taking me maybe 15-16 bodyfat depending at what im at now then recover and drop to maybe 13 percent

K1M
11-09-2006, 03:58 PM
I'm pretty confident a person at 10-12% could PSMF for a fortnight without any muscle loss. Search for KC_Pike over on lyle's board, he has done it to great success.

deeder
11-09-2006, 04:19 PM
Sidor and Jordan -- Wowzer I didn't realize PSMF would have you that far under maintenance! Most of the weight would still be water but I can see how you'd lose a considerable amount of fat.

Any sources on hand that I could check out? I'm interested as to how the refeeds work.

WBBIRL
11-09-2006, 04:43 PM
If your 284 now I want to see another pic, because if your still anything like your last 262 pics then your a genetic freak (which has already been proven but w/e). PSMF could be decent for you, but I don't suggest it for long periods of time.

ArchAngel777
11-09-2006, 04:56 PM
Im weighing 284 right now, no matter how much id like to admit my body fat as climbed but its ranging between 18-22 percent. I like to cut down to around 260 with a PSMF diet hopefully taking me maybe 15-16 bodyfat depending at what im at now then recover and drop to maybe 13 percent

You are far above 20% BF... In that 260 picture you were above 20% easily and if you are now 22 pounds heavier, you are probably around 25 - 28%. Take a new picture with your shirt off and post it here.

Edit **

Lets presume he is 25% BF (I think he is probably a tad more), that would break him down to the following...

213 LBM

225 - 5% BF (Body Builder Comp Physique)

239 - 10% BF (Six Pack)

251 - 15% BF (Relatively Lean, minimal love handles)

268 - 20% BF (Getting fat, but clothes will hide most of it)

284 - 25% BF (Now you are quite fat)

That is just to give everyone a clear indication of what he would look like at any given weight. I don't see how Jinkies could be anything less than 25% body fat at this point. You certainly have some great LBM going for you, but don't be fooled, you are indeed carrying a lot of extra weight. In terms of raw fat, you are probably carrying ~70 pounds of of it.

With that said, keep up the training... :D

Jinkies
11-09-2006, 06:29 PM
I can promise that im not carrying 70 pounds of fat.

Hockey66
11-09-2006, 06:51 PM
I can promise that im not carrying 70 pounds of fat.

You probably are. Do you have any idea how big 225 lbs. in competition form is, especially at 5'8?

Ruffian
11-09-2006, 09:14 PM
Jordan-

There was an article posted on here a while ago which disproved that whole "gaining lots of fat prevents lbm loss". The amount of fat you have doesnt mean that you wont loose muscle, since muscle is going to be preferred by your body as the source of energy (it likes to keep its fat as storage). Technically, in a biological prospective, you would actually be starving yourself when you go that far under maintanance and will decrease your lbm, it may appear like you are loosing fat but you are actually going to be 'starving' your body, so you will gain fat more then muscle.

This is just taken from what ive learned in bio and the likes over the last while, Ill look for some articles when I get home!

Jordanbcool
11-09-2006, 09:46 PM
Jordan-

There was an article posted on here a while ago which disproved that whole "gaining lots of fat prevents lbm loss". The amount of fat you have doesnt mean that you wont loose muscle, since muscle is going to be preferred by your body as the source of energy (it likes to keep its fat as storage). Technically, in a biological prospective, you would actually be starving yourself when you go that far under maintanance and will decrease your lbm, it may appear like you are loosing fat but you are actually going to be 'starving' your body, so you will gain fat more then muscle.

This is just taken from what ive learned in bio and the likes over the last while, Ill look for some articles when I get home!

In a normal diet this is 100% true. Muscle loss happens with every diet that dips under maintanence. Its a fact of life.

Anyways a PSMF is designed to counter these problems and a fatter person will have a much easier time doing it. Fatter people tend to be less hungry then a leaner person on the same diet. Your body is basically telling you "hey idiot, I'm running low on my fat reserves you better eat before theres none left and we die". On the contrary a person with alot of fat has plenty to go around so your body isnt as concerned with losing it. It boils down to survival. If you have plenty of....lets say fire wood for the winter. If some of them get soaked and un-usable it isnt of much concern to you (because you have alot). But if you only have a few pieces of wood they become extremly precious and you become much more protective of losing it.

An ok example at best but its probably the best answer I could give you. Other then that I think you may be confusing a PSMF with a fast.

P.S. Jinkies. Do you have any idea what you'd look like after a cut? I dont think you have 70lbs but probably close. Anyways after a cut you could find yourself at 200 give or take a few pounds. A ripped 200 pound 5"8 bodybuilder is HUGE. Trust me, people will be running from you and you'll still have a pack. You may look smaller then you are now in shirts but once you take it off you're muscle will show much better.

Stumprrp
11-09-2006, 09:49 PM
when i was doing low carb the hunger was actually painful, so i think that "less hungry" statement isnt true, but the rest is.

Jordanbcool
11-09-2006, 09:54 PM
when i was doing low carb the hunger was actually painful, so i think that "less hungry" statement isnt true, but the rest is.

I used to be like that. But it really depends on the person. Generally speaking though, a fatter person will find that their hunger isnt as ravenous.

Jinkies
11-09-2006, 10:53 PM
Well lets say I have minimum muscle loss id be conciderably lean at 240ish which is my weight class, Id probably do very well in that case. I've got decent seperation now and I can see what looks like the outline of some future abs once its all over with. Assuming im over 20 percent that just means i have that much more to spare, I won't really know until I start cutting. If 20 pounds doesn't give me more definition then i'll know for certain. Im not willing to sacrifice strength but im willing to postpone my gains on it for the sake of leaning up, balance is going to be an issue atfirst because im so used to carrying this much weight but hopefully that won't be too much of a problem.

I'll read some articles but ill be counting on yall to help me plan a good diet for it.

Midason
11-09-2006, 11:02 PM
Awesome work man - I'll keep you in mind as I try stuff more food down my throat to gain some weight

Jordanbcool
11-09-2006, 11:07 PM
Well lets say I have minimum muscle loss id be conciderably lean at 240ish which is my weight class, Id probably do very well in that case. I've got decent seperation now and I can see what looks like the outline of some future abs once its all over with. Assuming im over 20 percent that just means i have that much more to spare, I won't really know until I start cutting. If 20 pounds doesn't give me more definition then i'll know for certain. Im not willing to sacrifice strength but im willing to postpone my gains on it for the sake of leaning up, balance is going to be an issue atfirst because im so used to carrying this much weight but hopefully that won't be too much of a problem.

I'll read some articles but ill be counting on yall to help me plan a good diet for it.

Diet wise is very dependant on your goals. I don't really like advising anyone for a psmf but it might help you alot. I think you should try a psmf for a month or so to get you in top shape (since you dont really want to be "lean" just leaner). However, a normal diet would still work pretty well. Its up to you man.

You could probably head on over to the diet and nutrition forum. Built is queen over that place and she'll help you out alot.

K1M
11-10-2006, 02:30 AM
Jordan-

While what you're saying is true, it is far too simplistic.

The reason a fat person can lose lots of fat with minimal muscle is because there is still a reasonable concentration of the hormone leptin in their serum, even after weeks of intense dieting.

On the contrary, for a lean person, leptin plummets after about 2 weeks, IIRC, of an intense diet. Low levels of leptin do tons of bad things, such as lowering your BMR, upregulating muscle burning enzymes and downregulating fat burning ones.

The super drug of the future, IMO, will be injecting leptin, which will (probably ) allow someone to diet down to incredibly low bodyfat with ease.

Sidior
11-10-2006, 09:05 AM
Jordan-

would you care to post a link to this article?

edit: ruffian this article says otherwise

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/core3.htm

TestPolska
11-10-2006, 10:51 AM
Jinkies most people don't realize how much fat they are holding. At 5'8" how lean do you honestly think your gonna be at 240? Keep in mind Branch Warren is around that height, is enhanced by chemicals and has been doing this a long time. And his contest weight is around 240 if I'm not mistaken.

By the way are you talking powerlifting or bodybuilding competition?

Stumprrp
11-10-2006, 11:37 AM
kyle, i was thinking to myself he very well could be 5'8 280 @ 25%, his strength is easily on par with todays pro bodybuilders with exception of a few.

JHolmes145
11-10-2006, 01:57 PM
if i dont get alotta carbs watch out, i start getting male pms

TestPolska
11-10-2006, 03:08 PM
Yeah but you know as well as I do. Strength and muscle mass are not in direct coralation with each other. I can almost be certain hes not 240 contest shape. If he is my life has been a waste thus far.

Jordanbcool
11-10-2006, 04:39 PM
I'm will to be my bottom dollar he'll look amazing at.......220-225. Probably hovering at 10% or so.

Its really hard for us to give you any guess jinkies. You wont/cant show us a pic without your shirt. For all we know/can guess. You could be anywhere from 15-30% bf.....

WBBIRL
11-10-2006, 05:25 PM
He's not 15%, this kid is strong as hell for his age but he's not some superhuman white Ronnie Coleman. Id say he's in the 20-25% range, and thats even hoss at 285. I gauge that on me... probably 30-35% at 300 pounds ,I was 310 and above 30%... probably still am.

Jinkies, if you drop to about 225 you'd be very defined and nearly bodybuilder material and you'd just look swole at 240.

Jordanbcool
11-10-2006, 05:31 PM
I agree.

Jinkies. Start a diet (whatever you wish/like)...get down to 225 and post some pics!! You'll look insane....if you think you are big now, wait till how big you look at 225.

If you wanna do a psmf PM me and I'll help you out. Otherwise, built would help on a more conventional diet.

You said you wanted to be a powerlifter or w/e so if you dont wanna diet down that low then 240 would still be huge. I think that once you get down to 240 though you'll wanna go even lower..

Jordanbcool
11-10-2006, 11:06 PM
Sidor and Jordan -- Wowzer I didn't realize PSMF would have you that far under maintenance! Most of the weight would still be water but I can see how you'd lose a considerable amount of fat.

Any sources on hand that I could check out? I'm interested as to how the refeeds work.

You can find more info. at www.bodyrecomposition.com

Otherwise I'd rather not give out all of the info. on a public forum I just feel too bad :D

The refeeds are basically a carb up. Typically you eat double to triple your maintanence in carbs. Mostly starches (think whole wheat pasta, potatoes, bread, freaking anything with a good amount of carbs in it), as always try to stay clear of junk. If you will eat junk though a refeed is the place to do it....

Anyways without getting into many details you center a refeed around a power workout. Your body is concerned with two things.

1) Muscle repair
2) Glycogen

For this reason you can eat anywhere from 6-7k in 2 days and have all of it go to your muscles and carb storage. A small amount will be stored as fat but if you do it right this wont be a problem.

Thats the cut and dry version though I left out a TON of important details, so don't try a psmf with the info i just wrote lol.......you have to figure out how much carbs you need etc. etc. and that is dependant upon the person and bodyfat.

Sorry I didnt respond earlier..kinda overlooked it

TestPolska
11-11-2006, 10:24 AM
Yeah best of luck losing all that fat without muscle loss. Thatll take some time man.

Jordanbcool
11-16-2006, 06:15 PM
Jinkies got a bone density done.....260 at 18%......anyone see any problems with this if he leans down. Im no expert or anything but I wouldnt be surprised if he lost a good 10lbs of LBM trying to get down to sub 10%.....

Thoughts are welcomed unless jinkies minds.....I want to help him out cus of curiosity. Hes my height and his strength is crazy I'd like to see how good he looks cut up but Im sure he doesnt want to lose any muscle mass.......

I told him to get his BF retested.......I wanted to bring this thread up though for people that know more about this then I do.

Wannabelean
12-03-2006, 06:43 AM
Sorry to burst everyone's bubble who is almost 300 freaking pounds and thinks they will be ripped at 220-240lbs.. Jinkies, WBBIRL, it's not happening. Jinkies, I looked just like you when I was 260.. Guess what? I am 215lbs now and I still have about 30-35lbs to lose!

In my opinion, you are lying about ALL of your numbers, even strength. Why do I say this? Well, because nothing you are posting makes any sense man.. You are CLEARLY fatter in the 262 picture then you were at 205.. The face, the arms, the wide mid section/waist.. If I wasn't there myself before, I may not be able to tell. Do yourself a favor, and stop the bulk already man, you are almost 300lbs at 5'8" and you are going to **** yourself when you find out how much fat you really need to lose.

Fuzzy
12-03-2006, 07:04 AM
Im not going to agree or disagree, I think both Jinkies and WWBIRL are beasts and deserve huge respect.

I beleive them about all their STRENGTH numbers, and Im sure they are not lying, neither of them is your average bloke, they are very big strong man, and I really dont think you should be accusing them of lying about numbers.

As for the their body composition numbers. Once again, I really doubt it.

Yes Jinkies filled out, but a huge amount of it is muscle, he has some freaky ass genetics.

To the two big men, you guys are incredible, ripped or huge, you look good.

All the best big men!

WBBIRL
12-03-2006, 07:14 AM
I don't think he called me out, just jinkies. But either way I'm not on the same level as jinkies not yet and especially if you factor age in. I'm 4 years older then he is, hell even stumprrp is more impressive IMHO then I am.

Jinkies probably a bit off about his assumptions on his own body fat.

The big difference is, at 240 Jinkies would probably be at 12-14% and competition levels are 5%-7% which is a MAJOR difference in physique.

Cra-Z
12-03-2006, 07:27 AM
Competition levels can be down to 3%.

Wannabelean
12-03-2006, 07:38 AM
Im not going to agree or disagree, I think both Jinkies and WWBIRL are beasts and deserve huge respect.

I beleive them about all their STRENGTH numbers, and Im sure they are not lying, neither of them is your average bloke, they are very big strong man, and I really dont think you should be accusing them of lying about numbers.

As for the their body composition numbers. Once again, I really doubt it.

Yes Jinkies filled out, but a huge amount of it is muscle, he has some freaky ass genetics.

To the two big men, you guys are incredible, ripped or huge, you look good.

All the best big men!

You don't know what you are talking about dude.. You can't see the guys face in either video and I am so sure that it is not him, that I would bet my life on it. Could you bet your life on it that it is him?

Davidelmo
12-03-2006, 07:39 AM
Competition levels can be down to 3%.

Not necessarily.

That impression is just given by dehydration and other techniques. I'm sure a lot of competing bb'ers would DEXA scan at 5-7%. A lot of them lie about their body comp.

As for jinkies, yes he does have a lot of LBM, but his BF% is certainly over 25. It's going to take a lot of weight to shift. I reckon he could get down and be fairly lean at 200.

Jordanbcool
12-03-2006, 08:35 AM
I don't think he called me out, just jinkies. But either way I'm not on the same level as jinkies not yet and especially if you factor age in. I'm 4 years older then he is, hell even stumprrp is more impressive IMHO then I am.

Jinkies probably a bit off about his assumptions on his own body fat.

The big difference is, at 240 Jinkies would probably be at 12-14% and competition levels are 5%-7% which is a MAJOR difference in physique.

I agree. I was helping jinkies with a diet and even I was a bit off at his numbers.

Althought I wouldnt go so far as to say hes 300lbs. I'm sure he's higher then 18% which is what he had told me.

Isaac Wilkins
12-03-2006, 10:01 AM
We had this whole fight when Narcissus first joined the board. It's been a pretty similar discussion. Do a search.

ArchAngel777
12-03-2006, 03:34 PM
Sorry to burst everyone's bubble who is almost 300 freaking pounds and thinks they will be ripped at 220-240lbs.. Jinkies, WBBIRL, it's not happening. Jinkies, I looked just like you when I was 260.. Guess what? I am 215lbs now and I still have about 30-35lbs to lose!

In my opinion, you are lying about ALL of your numbers, even strength. Why do I say this? Well, because nothing you are posting makes any sense man.. You are CLEARLY fatter in the 262 picture then you were at 205.. The face, the arms, the wide mid section/waist.. If I wasn't there myself before, I may not be able to tell. Do yourself a favor, and stop the bulk already man, you are almost 300lbs at 5'8" and you are going to **** yourself when you find out how much fat you really need to lose.

It isn't about lieing, it is about being naive. When I was 260, I thought I would be ripped six pack at 200 pounds. It didn't happen... I am 180 and only now am I starting to really see things clean up. I have another 20 or so pounds to go before I am ripped out (8%). People really have no idea how fat they are and they actually believe they are leaner than they really are. When it comes time to drop the weight they have to come to terms that they really were not as lean as they thought. Jinkies would probably be ripped at about 210, no more. He has a solid 60+ pounds of fat he can lose and keep off, I have no doubts about this. If you want to be a 300 pound moose, go for it, but don't try and tell us you are only 20% body fat at 5'8", it just doesn't happen. If someone wants to make that kind of statement, they need to back it up with SHIRTLESS pictures, which is he is not willing to do, which proves he knows he is fatter than he says, or is he scared to face the truth about his composition.

Jinkies
12-03-2006, 03:53 PM
You don't know what you are talking about dude.. You can't see the guys face in either video and I am so sure that it is not him, that I would bet my life on it. Could you bet your life on it that it is him?

I can clear this up.

Go to my VERY FIRST post on this forumn. You will see me wearing the same ****ing pants I had on in the video.

cphafner
12-03-2006, 05:26 PM
Not necessarily.

That impression is just given by dehydration and other techniques. I'm sure a lot of competing bb'ers would DEXA scan at 5-7%. A lot of them lie about their body comp.

As for jinkies, yes he does have a lot of LBM, but his BF% is certainly over 25. It's going to take a lot of weight to shift. I reckon he could get down and be fairly lean at 200.

I would disagree, atleast at a decent level competition. I was around 5-6% and on the high end of the spectrum.

Cra-Z
12-03-2006, 05:27 PM
That's what I thought.