PDA

View Full Version : 10 weeks of Bulk= Time to cut

KarateBoy
07-28-2006, 09:15 PM
5' 11.5''

Been bulking for 8-10 weeks and decided to cut for the next 4 before I go off to college: miss the abs.

Before
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/xforce369/Pawel/Picture_007.jpg

Now
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/xforce369/Pawel/Picture815.jpg

Before
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/xforce369/Pawel/Picture417-1.jpg

Now
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/xforce369/Pawel/Picture819.jpg

Before
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/xforce369/Pawel/Picture374.jpg

Now
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/xforce369/Pawel/Picture820.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/xforce369/Pawel/Picture821.jpg

Before:never took one

Now
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/xforce369/Pawel/Picture823.jpg

Proof I don't always look like a dork:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/xforce369/Pawel/Picture808.jpg

Mandatory wheels shot http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/xforce369/Pawel/Picture469.jpg

Currently, I'm not looking to get my legs significantly bigger while i play catch up with my upper body.

KingWilder
07-28-2006, 09:29 PM
keep bulking...you're still really skinny

besides, freshman guys don't get girls so who cares about abs :rolleyes:

KarateBoy
07-28-2006, 09:32 PM
keep bulking...you're still really skinny

besides, freshman guys don't get girls so who cares about abs :rolleyes:

I care about abs. I've been lean all my life and this is the "fattest" I've ever been. Aside from the girls, I feel more comfortable with my body at a lower bf.

KingWilder
07-28-2006, 09:37 PM
I used to be like that...when I was in HS I swam year round and was super lean with like 7% bf...went to college got fat, started working out sophmore year, and started working out the right way last year. Now I've come to realize most girls like thick guys as opposed to really lean

but hey, do you're own thing if it makes you comfortable, lookin good

Gabrielle
07-28-2006, 10:11 PM
I dunno if you realized this, but you gained pretty much all muscle. Great job, and despite what KingWilder mentioned every girl has a different opinion about guys and muscle. If being leaner makes you feel more comfortable, then do that.

markdk86
07-28-2006, 10:14 PM
Take advantage of being young, and bulk. If you don't, you're a fool.

KarateBoy
07-28-2006, 10:31 PM
I dunno if you realized this, but you gained pretty much all muscle. Great job, and despite what KingWilder mentioned every girl has a different opinion about guys and muscle. If being leaner makes you feel more comfortable, then do that.

Thank you and thank you.

I contribute my mostly muscle gains to my very high carb and low fat diet. Like I always say: look at sumo wrestlers...they have to eat lbs of rice (carbs) a day to gain weight. While eating 400-600 grams is plenty for muscle building and not enough to gain serious in fat.

Some people recommeded just eat everything in sight. I was eating 5000-6000 calories a day and gained 2lbs of muscle and 6lbs of fat. Now I'm eating 2500-3200 calories and I'm still gaining almost 1 lb of muscle a week. That's said to be a genetic potential for many people's bodies.

I'm gaining 2x as fast and 1/4 the fat in 1/2 the time on 1.2 the calories on my new diet.

I'm no fool, you're the fool if you think my youth will run away in 3-4 weeks. Then I'll probably bulk to around christmas time.

Why is it so hard for some people to accept that not everyone's road to their goal is the same?

I'm no fool, you're the fool if you think my youth will run away in 3-4 weeks. Then I'll probably bulk to around christmas time.

Why is it so hard for some people to accept that not everyone's road to their goal is the same?

toki
07-28-2006, 11:35 PM
it's in your head man. you gained very little body fat. keep up your work, no reason to stagnate for 4 weeks for some ultimately trivial, short term goal of having "abs." Get some huge ass abdominal muscles and they'll show through even at 12% BF.

d'Anconia
07-29-2006, 12:39 AM
^ Yeah if you want a six pack then do a large bulk then a large cut. Six packs consist of a.) low bodyfat and b.) massive abdominal muscles and DON'T EVER FORGET IT.

Abs are cool but any skinny boy can have them. All-around buff is where it's at.

But to each his own... you'll probably come back two months from now telling us how you want to just do a huge bulk. That's what pretty much always happens.

KarateBoy
07-29-2006, 06:31 AM
^ Yeah if you want a six pack then do a large bulk then a large cut. Six packs consist of a.) low bodyfat and b.) massive abdominal muscles and DON'T EVER FORGET IT.

Abs are cool but any skinny boy can have them. All-around buff is where it's at.

But to each his own... you'll probably come back two months from now telling us how you want to just do a huge bulk. That's what pretty much always happens.

I've already said that I plan on bulking again after the cut (4 weeks at best) to about Christmas time.

TwiloMike
07-29-2006, 07:47 AM
I really don't see any need for you to cut. You're still very lean. I say bulk till February or something....

sharkall2003
07-29-2006, 07:54 AM
Let him do what he wants. Obviously he isn't worried about being a mass monster like 90 percent of us on here.

OP: If you want a filled out six-pack, not some prisoner of war one, you need to eat monsterous and then go on a large cut. I have a visible six-pack at 205 and I never had one when I weighed 188. It's all about gaining muscle, and as of right now if you cut you're going to lose quite a lot of muscle mass because you have very little to lose as it is (mass, both fat and muscle).

Also, if you're worried about not getting the chicks in college and that's why your want to cut that's not good. Most women I know prefer a larger guy that's built and just eats healthy and takes care of himself. All my friends who don't lift and are scrawny only get ragged on when we go to parties. I'm not big by any means, but I am usually the "larger" guy when I go to parties and somehow I used to pick up chicks.

Edited: Spelling

Con
07-29-2006, 08:00 AM
Honestly your really skiinny, but you choice is your own. I know everyones preference on body image is diffenent so do what makes you happy. Its hard to be motivated when you constantly thik you're fat or not making gains, hat ever the case may be.

@karate: you like good still, gl with what you pan on doing.

KarateBoy
07-29-2006, 08:18 AM
Let him do what he wants. Obviously he isn't worried about being a mass monster like 90 percent of us on here.

OP: If you want a filled out six-pack, not some prisoner of war one, you need to eat monsterous and then go on a large cut. I have a visible six-pack at 205 and I never had one when I weighed 188. It's all about gaining muscle, and as of right now if you cut you're going to lose quite a lot of muscle mass because you have very little to lose as it is (mass, both fat and muscle).

Also, if you're worried about not getting the chicks in college and that's why your want to cut that's not good. Most women I know prefer a larger guy that's built and just eats healthy and takes care of himself. All my friends who don't lift and are scrawny only get ragged on when we go to parties. I'm not big by any means, but I am usually the "larger" guy when I go to parties and somehow I used to pick up chicks.

Edited: Spelling

I know its going to be hard for some people on here to believe but I think I can atleast keep all of my gains for the next month and maybe even get a little stronger. Some people on here were satisfied with 1:1 fat/muscle gains. I worked my diet out so I can atleast 1:3 fat/muscle gains. My friend gained muscle on his cut so I know I should be able to maintain. Plus, as I'm already lean, I don't have much fat to lose and that will inhibit any potential "significant" muscle loss.

No, it's not for the chick and I'm not worried about that. It's for me. I want to get leaner for myself. Not only because I feel more comfortable leaner, but I'm interested to see how ripped I can get now that I have 15 lbs of more muscle.

Lastly, and most importantly, I want to get leaner so I can go on a very long bulk without having a gut halfway through the bulk. :p

Hockey66
07-29-2006, 01:41 PM
Dude, I totally understand that you have different goals and a different route to them, but the fat thing is all in your head.

I honestly see absolutely NO difference in bodyfat percent.

SwoleSam
07-29-2006, 01:45 PM
When I'm as lean as you I'm going to put on 50 lbs.

KarateBoy
07-29-2006, 04:33 PM
Dude, I totally understand that you have different goals and a different route to them, but the fat thing is all in your head.

I honestly see absolutely NO difference in bodyfat percent.

I didn't mean to make it sound like I think I'm fat. I'm doing this for a variety of reasons such as curiosity.Being leaner never hurt anybody and in the next 2-3 weeks I should be able to hit around ~7%. More importantly, I see it as a strategic move to help lower my insulin resistance so when I begin to bulk I can keep seeing results.

That and I need a break from the food.

KarateBoy
07-29-2006, 04:34 PM
I was hoping to hear some things about what people think of my current progress, if they see any lagging parts that I should hit harder during my next bulk, and any other general comments.

Mandatory: "Hit the kitchen and the squat rack hard"

Nosaj
07-29-2006, 05:17 PM
Good job on a successful bulk so far, you've put on very little fat gain while adding some quality LBM. That being said, you're still extremely skinny. My advice is to put on at LEAST 20 more pounds and then see how you look/feel. Of course this is just my opinion, but then again, you woulden't be posting here if you didn't want other's opinions. Good luck.

KarateBoy
07-29-2006, 05:22 PM
Good job on a successful bulk so far, you've put on very little fat gain while adding some quality LBM. That being said, you're still extremely skinny. My advice is to put on at LEAST 20 more pounds and then see how you look/feel. Of course this is just my opinion, but then again, you woulden't be posting here if you didn't want other's opinions. Good luck.

Thanks for the comments:cool:

My next bulk is going to be closer to 15 weeks or so and I hope to put on atleast 10 lbs more in that amount of time.

mike831
07-29-2006, 05:47 PM
I was hoping to hear some things about what people think of my current progress, if they see any lagging parts that I should hit harder during my next bulk, and any other general comments.

You should make it clear next time what you want others to comment on, like how's my progress, what needs more work, should I continue bulking, etc... I saw your first post yesterday and didn't even know what you wanted to hear. Also, you shouldn't be so critical about other people's comments. They're only trying to help you. They took the time to comment on your post and you shouldn't bash at them for trying to help you. You should be thankful that they even commented. It makes me and possibly the ones you bashed not want to comment on your threads.

I think you're real skinny and you should continue your bulk. Yeah, you said you're going to cut for four weeks, then bulk up again, but I think you should just continue your bulk. Use those four weeks to get bigger. You're going to look even more skinny cutting. You really look the same to me with the before and after pics and skinny nonetheless. I'm not trying to hate or anything but that's just what I see. Your arms look small but I see your triceps grew a little bit. Shoulders look like they grew a bit too. You have a nice taper with your lats, but your back doesn't look thick. Chest looks the same to me. Your traps got good height. Best features I see are the traps and lats. It doesn't look like you put any fat on at all, which is definitely awesome on any bulk. Also, your abs look the same as before so I don't see how you say you miss your abs. You just need to pack on more mass.

So how many pounds did you gain in those 10 weeks? Just curious. You should measure yourself. It's a better gauge for tracking progress.

HahnB
07-29-2006, 05:47 PM
I'm going to give you honest advise. If you cut now you're going to end up right where you started.

Gabrielle
07-29-2006, 08:45 PM
I think you are doing fine, because Rome wasn't built in a day and building pure muscle or at least attempting to is where it is at. I agree that everyone has their opinion on this subject, but at least the guy is thinking progressively. I am not in any way trying to start a huge debate. It is much smarter to gain slower, stay leaner and avoid stretchmarks. Just my personal opinion. I don't see how blowing up your bodyfat while bulking is good for anything except blowing up your ego if you consider diminishing returns.

KarateBoy
07-29-2006, 09:50 PM
You should make it clear next time what you want others to comment on, like how's my progress, what needs more work, should I continue bulking, etc... I saw your first post yesterday and didn't even know what you wanted to hear. Also, you shouldn't be so critical about other people's comments. They're only trying to help you. They took the time to comment on your post and you shouldn't bash at them for trying to help you. You should be thankful that they even commented. It makes me and possibly the ones you bashed not want to comment on your threads.

I think you're real skinny and you should continue your bulk. Yeah, you said you're going to cut for four weeks, then bulk up again, but I think you should just continue your bulk. Use those four weeks to get bigger. You're going to look even more skinny cutting. You really look the same to me with the before and after pics and skinny nonetheless. I'm not trying to hate or anything but that's just what I see. Your arms look small but I see your triceps grew a little bit. Shoulders look like they grew a bit too. You have a nice taper with your lats, but your back doesn't look thick. Chest looks the same to me. Your traps got good height. Best features I see are the traps and lats. It doesn't look like you put any fat on at all, which is definitely awesome on any bulk. Also, your abs look the same as before so I don't see how you say you miss your abs. You just need to pack on more mass.

So how many pounds did you gain in those 10 weeks? Just curious. You should measure yourself. It's a better gauge for tracking progress.

Thanks for the comments. I hope I didn't come out too rash and I do respect others opinion..if I didn't, I wouldn't have posted in the first place.

I gained about 10lbs in those 10 weeks so I'm assuming thats incredible progress as it is said that the body can only combine a 1lb of muscle a week. My arms grew 1.5'' and have always been a weak point. Chest grew about 2'' and waist 1'' Thats for the comments on lats+traps+shoulders. Always have been a strong point and I wanted to show them off more. I plan on hitting everything hard with extra focus on chest this time.

Maybe I would of been better if I stated my long term goals. I do not plan on becoming huge huge. I'm 160lbs right now and I believe I look like I have average size with above average leaness. Average size is something I've never been before and I'm proud of that. My ideal size will probably come around the weight of a very lean 175 or so. Not big by 99% of the standards of this forum but I choose not to be bigger and not sure if my genetics will allow me.

KarateBoy
07-29-2006, 09:51 PM
I'm going to give you honest advise. If you cut now you're going to end up right where you started.

I doubt that. I don't have much to cut and I got my diet down like Bill Gates knows money. I gained exceptionally well for being an ectomorph and have cut before from my estimated 11% without muscle loss.

KarateBoy
07-29-2006, 09:54 PM
I think you are doing fine, because Rome wasn't built in a day and building pure muscle or at least attempting to is where it is at. I agree that everyone has their opinion on this subject, but at least the guy is thinking progressively. I am not in any way trying to start a huge debate. It is much smarter to gain slower, stay leaner and avoid stretchmarks. Just my personal opinion. I don't see how blowing up your bodyfat while bulking is good for anything except blowing up your ego if you consider diminishing returns.

Thanks a lot:thumbup:

I always like to say, why should I gain 50lbs if my goal is to only weigh 25lbs more?

markdk86
07-29-2006, 10:18 PM
I really just don't get it. Why stop the bulk ? For freakin abs ?

The winter months are comming soon, it will be getting colder, you won't be going shirtless. Why not keep bulking and get your additional 25 lbs and then cut if you think you're so on top of your diet. This way come spring, you're done.

You need to see someone about this whole fat thing, its completley psychological.

KarateBoy
07-29-2006, 10:22 PM
I really just don't get it. Why stop the bulk ? For freakin abs ?

The winter months are comming soon, it will be getting colder, you won't be going shirtless. Why not keep bulking and get your additional 25 lbs and then cut if you think you're so on top of your diet. This way come spring, you're done.

You need to see someone about this whole fat thing, its completley psychological.

No, not just that.

I'm doing this for a variety of reasons such as curiosity.Being leaner never hurt anybody and in the next 2-3 weeks I should be able to hit around ~7%. More importantly, I see it as a strategic move to help lower my insulin resistance so when I begin to bulk I can keep seeing results.

That and I need a break from the food.

1.Need a break from eating
2. Curiosity
3.Lower insulin resitance

25 lbs would take me about a year assuming there will be a slow down of newbie gains (an obvious) AKA diminishing marginal returns. Once again, that is assuming I CAN gain another 25 lbs of muscle. That and I can only eat so much bread before it just starts to taste like woodchips and drywall. Most importantly, the lower insulin resistance should make the first part of my bulk more productive.

HahnB
07-30-2006, 09:17 PM
25 lbs would take me about a year assuming there will be a slow down of newbie gains (an obvious) AKA diminishing marginal returns.

IMO cutting after only gaining 10lbs at your body fat and weight would be counter productive. Often times newbies are able to lose fat and gain muscle easily when they begin to train. By using your own logic about diminishing newbie gains I would just say that if you cut before without any muscle loss that's great, but that may or may not be the case this time. I'm not saying you should gain 25 more lbs before cutting-I just feel you would benefit a lot more from a slow bulk now than a cut.

KarateBoy
07-30-2006, 09:25 PM
IMO cutting after only gaining 10lbs at your body fat and weight would be counter productive. Often times newbies are able to lose fat and gain muscle easily when they begin to train. By using your own logic about diminishing newbie gains I would just say that if you cut before without any muscle loss that's great, but that may or may not be the case this time. I'm not saying you should gain 25 more lbs before cutting-I just feel you would benefit a lot more from a slow bulk now than a cut.

You bring up some good points.

I've already cut once before for a similar period of time without muscle loss and since then I've learned more about nutrition. This isn't really about the "abs" I would just like to "stop" bulking for a couple of weeks an I know my body will naturally lose body fat.

I was wondering if anyone else can give me some more comments about my strong and week points.:hello:

markdk86
07-30-2006, 09:46 PM
Hell if you want to change your insulin resistance just take a break from bulking for 2 weeks. More isn't really necessary.

Natetaco
07-30-2006, 09:51 PM
I doubt that. I don't have much to cut and I got my diet down like Bill Gates knows money. I gained exceptionally well for being an ectomorph and have cut before from my estimated 11% without muscle loss.

So why would you cut if you dont have much to cut? Dont worry about what girls think, a 6 pack isnt going to get you a girlfriend. A brain will.

KarateBoy
07-30-2006, 10:40 PM
Hell if you want to change your insulin resistance just take a break from bulking for 2 weeks. More isn't really necessary.

Exactly. I will cut for at most 3 weeks.

My gym membership expires the 16...I will cut for the next 17 day...then maintain for 10 days and start lifting in college.

So why would you cut if you dont have much to cut? Dont worry about what girls think, a 6 pack isnt going to get you a girlfriend. A brain will.

Jesus...how many times do I have to say its not for girls? I want to take a break from bulking and lower my insulin resitance.

Natetaco
07-30-2006, 11:33 PM
Exactly. I will cut for at most 3 weeks.

My gym membership expires the 16...I will cut for the next 17 day...then maintain for 10 days and start lifting in college.

Jesus...how many times do I have to say its not for girls? I want to take a break from bulking and lower my insulin resitance.

Cut for 3 weeks at most? Yeah your going to cut a whole lot off. But do whatever its your body

KarateBoy
08-01-2006, 09:59 PM
Any last comments on the strength and weakness of my physique?

heathj
08-02-2006, 01:53 AM
keep bulking.

KarateBoy
08-02-2006, 08:14 AM
keep bulking.

:bash:

Unholy
08-02-2006, 09:38 AM
You are lean as hell I would definatly keep bulking if I were you.

Gutz981
08-02-2006, 10:10 AM
Dude. I mean this with all the respect that is due. :) It looks like a strong breeze could topple you. Put some size on then if you want abs. Have your ****ing abs.

wannab250
08-02-2006, 10:15 AM

exactly on point, if you lean out again you will look almost exactly the same as you did in the other pics, bulk up another 20 lbs but do it clean and you will still have your stomach, trust me i was in the same place as you a couple years ago, keep eating keep gaining dont be afraid of the stomach being gone, just eat clean

JHolmes145
08-02-2006, 01:37 PM
keep bulkin! check out my sig, that something i live on. you are a wire frame now, why would you try cutting a wire frame.put some concrete on your frame.

KarateBoy
08-02-2006, 09:06 PM
keep bulkin! check out my sig, that something i live on. you are a wire frame now, why would you try cutting a wire frame.put some concrete on your frame.

Fine, on my bulk WHAT should I focus on more? Back? Arms? Chest? Aside from overall size.

heathj
08-02-2006, 11:03 PM
legs and back

mike831
08-02-2006, 11:34 PM
Fine, on my bulk WHAT should I focus on more? Back? Arms? Chest? Aside from overall size.

Hate to say it, but I think everything, and I mean everything, even though you said aside from overall size. Overall size is what you need to work on. There's not a body part on you that's telling me it looks bigger than normal, except traps and your chest got some form, but don't neglect those either. Looks like you might have some potential for some amazing traps and I think traps are one of the best looking muscles. It also sounds like you're pushing us to find something you're proud of. Is there a body part that you're proud of? If you are, are you satisfied with that size? In the end, it's what makes you happy.

You want our opinions, well, I think you look small overall, and I think that's the concensus from the replies so far. Your arms look long so your bis/tris look small, so you need to work on that. Your abs have small muscles and you need to work on that. You just need to get bigger. That's just my opinion. Like I said, it's whatever makes you happy.

I'm curious, what's your critique on yourself and how do you want to look?

By the way, I'm not trying to hate if it sounds like that. Just telling it as I see it and I'm just trying to help you out. I'm not telling you to stop your cutting or whatever, but just continue bulking in the end. I don't see no problem taking a break from bulking. Don't matter how long you get there as long as you get there.

KarateBoy
08-03-2006, 12:44 PM
Hate to say it, but I think everything, and I mean everything, even though you said aside from overall size. Overall size is what you need to work on. There's not a body part on you that's telling me it looks bigger than normal, except traps and your chest got some form, but don't neglect those either. Looks like you might have some potential for some amazing traps and I think traps are one of the best looking muscles. It also sounds like you're pushing us to find something you're proud of. Is there a body part that you're proud of? If you are, are you satisfied with that size? In the end, it's what makes you happy.

You want our opinions, well, I think you look small overall, and I think that's the concensus from the replies so far. Your arms look long so your bis/tris look small, so you need to work on that. Your abs have small muscles and you need to work on that. You just need to get bigger. That's just my opinion. Like I said, it's whatever makes you happy.

I'm curious, what's your critique on yourself and how do you want to look?

By the way, I'm not trying to hate if it sounds like that. Just telling it as I see it and I'm just trying to help you out. I'm not telling you to stop your cutting or whatever, but just continue bulking in the end. I don't see no problem taking a break from bulking. Don't matter how long you get there as long as you get there.

Actually thats the type of answer I was looking for. Thanks:clap:

ehscrewdude
08-03-2006, 03:55 PM
1.Need a break from eating

a break? from eating? wha? :confused:

KarateBoy
08-03-2006, 03:58 PM
a break? from eating? wha? :confused:

Bread and bagels. Every 3 hours, every day, for the last 10 weeks.

HahnB
08-03-2006, 04:21 PM
What does your diet consist of? You're gonna need to get a lot more protein and fats if it's mostly bread and bagels.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
08-03-2006, 04:29 PM
Bread and bagels. Every 3 hours, every day, for the last 10 weeks.Why have you been doing that? That's not much of a diet at all.

KarateBoy
08-03-2006, 04:43 PM
Why have you been doing that? That's not much of a diet at all.

I get ~1 gram of protein per lb of body weigh so that is plenty.

I eat the bread and bagels as a source of carbs.

I'm an ectomorph. Fat as a source of energy doesn't work for me. Been there tried that. I was getting enough fats, in the range of 70 grams or so. Most pro BB diets are high complex carb too.

ehscrewdude
08-03-2006, 04:44 PM
yea, im on a bulk/cut (until I get my muscle back and then im on a strait cut)... and I eat bread like once a day if that... you need to spice up your food is what it sounds like, but to cut at your weight and physique just doesnt make much sense to me....

HahnB
08-03-2006, 04:47 PM
I get ~1 gram of protein per lb of body weigh so that is plenty.

I eat the bread and bagels as a source of carbs.

I'm an ectomorph. Fat as a source of energy doesn't work for me. Been there tried that. I was getting enough fats, in the range of 70 grams or so. Most pro BB diets are high complex carb too.

Start eating a tablespoon of olive oil with all your meals.

KarateBoy
08-03-2006, 04:49 PM
Start eating a tablespoon of olive oil with all your meals.

I used to do that. I still get an equvalent amount of fats. It's not like olive oil is the only thing that stopped me from gaining 2x as much lol

HahnB
08-03-2006, 05:05 PM
Well when you said you were eating bread and bagels every 3 hours it was kind of assumed the diet wasn't that great.

Gutz981
08-03-2006, 05:50 PM
Do shots of olive oil. Helps get the cals in.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
08-03-2006, 06:41 PM
Is that all you eat is bread and bagels?

KarateBoy
08-03-2006, 07:29 PM
Do shots of olive oil. Helps get the cals in.

Why would you say this? I never said I have a hard time getting my neccesary calories. I also specifically said I already tried olive oil:bang:

KarateBoy
08-03-2006, 07:31 PM
Is that all you eat is bread and bagels?

No. I already stated I get the required amount of fat/protein.

I gained 10 lbs in 10 weeks. 1 lb per week of muscle, sincve I had negligable fat gains, is supposedly ideal. Why would you question my diet?

HahnB
08-03-2006, 07:42 PM
Why would you say this? I never said I have a hard time getting my neccesary calories. I also specifically said I already tried olive oil:bang:

It isn't something you try, it's a staple in almost everyones diet I know that has a good one.

KarateBoy
08-03-2006, 11:16 PM
It isn't something you try, it's a staple in almost everyones diet I know that has a good one.

I said i already tried it as a source of calories. Calories are not the issue or the topic of this thread.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
08-04-2006, 12:06 AM
Why would you question my diet?Because what you've said so far seems pretty vague.

DR.JONES
08-04-2006, 07:28 AM
If you've gained nothing but muscle over the past 10 weeks, then what exactly are you going to cut.

ehscrewdude
08-04-2006, 11:23 AM
If you've gained nothing but muscle over the past 10 weeks, then what exactly are you going to cut.
lol.... :clap:

wannab250
08-04-2006, 11:30 AM

awesome first post...:bow:

mike831
08-04-2006, 12:06 PM
Ah man. That was definitely an awesome first post DR.JONES.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
08-04-2006, 12:10 PM
If you've gained nothing but muscle over the past 10 weeks, then what exactly are you going to cut.Kind of makes ya think. ;)

Beno79
08-04-2006, 12:47 PM
Absolute genius! :thumbup:

what are you going to cut then? I cant see any fat on you in the 'after' pic, you look really lean! To my eyes, your abs seem the same in the before and after pics, which is great! Good work!

But cut? ....:omg:

sharkall2003
08-04-2006, 12:54 PM
I say don't help him. Everything we say about diet and nutrition doesn't pertain to this thread, and remember he has the all known diet that will gain ten pounds of muscle in ten weeks with practically no fat.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
08-04-2006, 12:57 PM
I honestly don't really notice much of a difference between the before and after pics...

Unreal
08-04-2006, 01:04 PM
I honestly don't really notice much of a difference between the before and after pics...

I agree. Skinny little dude before, skinny little dude after. I see no reason to even consider cutting until you have about 20lbs more mass on you.

brnrbr911
08-04-2006, 06:46 PM
how is it that this thread went from friendly to being downright blunt dicks. honestly... karateboy knows what he wants, what works for him, etc. I see results on him from the bulk and so does the scale. he knows that he gained fat and who the **** is anyone to judge his opinion when its his body? dude is looking for feedback; not ignorance. this is a thread where opinions are expected... but saying "Skinny little dude before, skinny little dude after" cuts the cake. Theres a difference in "i honestly don't see a difference in your body composition" or something along those lines and "you're still as skinny as you were 10 weeks ago." wtf, honestly. obviously he's been working his ass off and not being blessed w/ a body that can put on weight as easily lets say mine... i put on 10 lbs of muscle in 2 months w/o a bulk--in fact my goal was to lose bodyfat, which i did. went from a 12% bodyfat to a 9% bodyfat within those 2 months. i was able to put on muscle during track season when i only ate 3 small meals a day--managed to lose body fat also. AND I SMOKE AND DRINK. now theres some food for thought.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
08-04-2006, 07:52 PM
This is how he wants to look and that's all that matters. Lifting is a personal thing anyway. But I was being honest with my comment.

briancurran01
08-04-2006, 08:17 PM
how is it that this thread went from friendly to being downright blunt dicks. honestly... karateboy knows what he wants, what works for him, etc. I see results on him from the bulk and so does the scale. he knows that he gained fat and who the **** is anyone to judge his opinion when its his body? dude is looking for feedback; not ignorance. this is a thread where opinions are expected... but saying "Skinny little dude before, skinny little dude after" cuts the cake. Theres a difference in "i honestly don't see a difference in your body composition" or something along those lines and "you're still as skinny as you were 10 weeks ago." wtf, honestly. obviously he's been working his ass off and not being blessed w/ a body that can put on weight as easily lets say mine... i put on 10 lbs of muscle in 2 months w/o a bulk--in fact my goal was to lose bodyfat, which i did. went from a 12% bodyfat to a 9% bodyfat within those 2 months. i was able to put on muscle during track season when i only ate 3 small meals a day--managed to lose body fat also. AND I SMOKE AND DRINK. now theres some food for thought.
wow you are smart keep smoking and drinking..plus your goals dont make sense you are currently 165 at 10% you want to lose 5% bf and not lose or gain a pound you dont sound very intelligent

Hockey66
08-04-2006, 08:58 PM
wow you are smart keep smoking and drinking..plus your goals dont make sense you are currently 165 at 10% you want to lose 5% bf and not lose or gain a pound you dont sound very intelligent

I think he means he wants to bulk up, then eventually cut down to the same weight but with much lower bodyfat.

KarateBoy: I honestly do see a difference in the pictures, you look bigger in the recent ones, but just as lean. If you insist on lowering your insulin resistance just eat at maintenence for two weeks, that will give you a break from eating. I really don't think you have anything to cut though, you're ripped.

Clifford Gillmore
08-04-2006, 09:03 PM

He's right, your body will not be able to hold onto the muscle while dropping the fat. You honestly don't look great, I'm not on a quest to be a mass monster (well I am, but I'm not going to push my veiws onto you), you need to add filthy mass. Skinny does not look good, in clothes, on the beach, in the kitchen, in the bedroom. Take it how you like, I would not consider cutting if I was in your state.

briancurran01
08-05-2006, 08:08 AM
honestly man YOU HAVE NO REASON TO CUT.

If you cut you will look like an ethiopian. You are skinny as HELL. no fat i see to cut

MarkY
08-05-2006, 09:01 AM
Talking to KarateBoy is a lot like :bang:

Anyone remember the squat thread earlier in the week?

seK
08-05-2006, 09:21 AM
I honestly don't see any difference in any of the pic's.
But if the scale says you have gained then thatís a good sign and I would keep on the same path you are on.

brnrbr911
08-05-2006, 01:45 PM
w/ me i can lose bodyfat and gain muscle at the same time. hence the "staying at the same weight" idea.

ehscrewdude
08-05-2006, 02:13 PM
w/ me i can lose bodyfat and gain muscle at the same time. hence the "staying at the same weight" idea.
yea, i dropped 5 lbs and then ive been holding steady for almost a month now...

KingWilder
08-05-2006, 03:22 PM
this thread is still going...

at least it's still on topic :rolleyes:

KarateBoy
08-10-2006, 01:52 PM
Forgive the blurriness.

No musle or strength lost. Actually yesterday's chest/tri day I moved up a weight.

I'm estimating I'm @ 8% atm.

Half way done with cut.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/xforce369/Pawel/Picture824.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/xforce369/Pawel/Picture826.jpg

I'm in love with incline/decline dumbbells. Nothing hit my chest like those 2!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/xforce369/Pawel/Picture829.jpg

I always had some shoulder seperation but never anything in my traps!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/xforce369/Pawel/Picture830.jpg

I've always had a problem with definition in my legs. They're still meh but I'm proving.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/xforce369/Pawel/Picture832.jpg

ehscrewdude
08-10-2006, 02:13 PM
Still see almost no difference.... you seriosly need to go on a bulk until you are bigger... then work on cutting...

you started with almost no size, had the same size after your bulk, and look the exact same now after your cut....

for ur next bulk, when you have man-boobs thats when you should start cutting...

KarateBoy
08-10-2006, 02:22 PM
for ur next bulk, when you have man-boobs thats when you should start cutting...

No, that's ridiculous. There's no reason to bulk to a high bodyfat (just for the health reasons alone)

Cutting is as big of a part of BB as bulking.

You guys admire big guys here, and I'm not even going to trying to change that, but when a big guys (5'8'' @ 260lbs) is 25+% he's pushing morbidly obsese and you guys preach at his feet. No reason to sacrifice health for size.

As I recall, RBB doesn't want to go over 10% again.

ehscrewdude
08-10-2006, 02:40 PM
*man-boobs of muscle

If you bulk clean for long enough you can keep your bf under 15% and increase your muscle mass.... especially when you're starting from a 8% bf base with little muscle mass, pack on the muscle until its visible next bulk would be my advice, I'm on a cut and I'm still gaining muscle mass (not really changing weight but changing my bf%)

idk... just imo you're way to skinny to be cutting and you shouldnt feel like you're unhealthy unless you have a belly to toss around at the end of the bulk...

EDIT: the only way what you're doing would make sense to me was if you didn't want to gain muscle... then I'd understand cutting nothing (since theres basically no fat to begin with)

KarateBoy
08-10-2006, 02:59 PM
I know I need to bulk but I needed a break from bulking.

In the last 2 weeks, I've gained a little muscle (as indicated by my strength gains) and lost noticable fat (1+ inch in my waist)

You guys see my as a stubborn guy, so I guess the best you can do is wich me luck for the next 2 weeks of cutting and the next couple months of bulking lol

The only think that bothers me is you're making sounds like gaining muscle is easy. Maybe it is for you but being an ectomoph to the extreme I'm very proud of my 10lbs gained last bulk. If I can go from 10 to 8 percent in 10 days while drinking one night and going to baker's square 3 times in that amount of time, think how hard for me it is to gain :P

Davidelmo
08-10-2006, 07:54 PM
Okay I'm going to be honest here, and I dont want to sound mean:

I dont see a huge amount of difference between ANY of your pics - before, after OR current. Sorry. If you gained 10lbs of muscle, I dont see exactly what you're going to cut. The whole point of cutting is to reveal the muscle but you're not going to look any difference.

You're right that people at 20%+ shouldn't be praised (in my opinion), but you are still in single figure body fat and you have TONS and TONS of room to grow further. You're definately not sacrificing your health by being above 10%. You say you're missing the abs in the "after" photo, but I REALLY dont see ANY difference at all - not in your size OR your body fat.

I used to be very skinny like you and I had an obsession with abs. You're taking a long and complicated road and I know you might as well do a decent sized bulk and add another 25-30lbs. If you carried on at the rate you were, you probably still wouldn't break 12% body fat, which is still way below average and still looked good. The obsession with abs is really holding you back. In 1yrs time I dont see you looking vastly different, sorry. You might have gained 10lbs overall, which isn't great progress in my opinion. You would gain much more if you did a proper, longer sustained bulk. Yes 5000kcal+ is a massive pain in the arse but it will be worth it.

Like I said, i'm not trying to be mean - just trying to help and stop you from wasting your time.

KarateBoy
08-10-2006, 09:22 PM
You said a lot of things I realize, I just have different priorities atm. I also don't think you're being mean, just giving me an honest opinion form your point of view.

The 10 or so lbs I gained took about 3 months. I do agree with you that in another 25lbs I would have impressive size, but that would take me atleast 9 months. So even though you're right that in the end its worth it, I cannot bulk for 9 month: eating that much day in and out for 3/4 is mentally impossible for me. And there are also smarter ways to approach it. If I "maintain" for 2 weeks every 8-10 weeks, I will lower my insulin resistance and in the end bring up the effectiveness of my bulk.

That's actually what I'm doing now. I'm just hoping to maintain but my body naturally drops BF when I'm not bulking. There isn't here an obcession with abs. I was just hoping to be @8% at the end of my "maintanence" period, not 10 days into it.

Long story short, I will bulk and I will bulk for 4 months after this. And at the end of the 4 months, if I gain another 10 lbs of muscle, I will be very happy.

I do not believe in any shape or form that I have wasted last 10 days or that I will waste the next 13.

bloodninja
08-10-2006, 09:40 PM
I have nothing of use to add, other than being 1 more person that sees no reason for you to cut.

I cut when my gut starts hanging over my boxers and my pants don't fit right. I can't imagine being as lean as you and wanting to cut.

KarateBoy
08-10-2006, 09:44 PM
I can't imagine letting myself have a gut lol

Atleast I'm not going back to where I started....

Cut for 3 weeks at most? Yeah your going to cut a whole lot off. But do whatever its your body

2% in ten day and I'm hoping another 2 in the next 13. Going from 10 to 6 sounds like a whole lot to me.

seK
08-10-2006, 09:59 PM
I suppsoe congratz on the BF loss.
I suggest next time you need a break from bulking, don't cut.
Just take a break and eat maintanance. I don't understand how a cut is equal to a break.

On a side note what are you goals, it seems like you are pretty happy where you are.

Unreal
08-10-2006, 10:12 PM
I'm in love with incline/decline dumbbells. Nothing hit my chest like those 2!

When reading this and looking at the pictures, all I can think of is "What chest?". Seriously you need to put some mass on.

JHolmes145
08-10-2006, 10:44 PM
c'mon guys ease up...his name is karate boy and he looks like bruce lee...so i guess thats what he wants......

Hockey66
08-10-2006, 10:56 PM
2% in ten day and I'm hoping another 2 in the next 13. Going from 10 to 6 sounds like a whole lot to me.

What are you using to measure your bodyfat? DEXA or calipers or what?

DeviceX
08-10-2006, 11:48 PM
From one skinny guy to another..... I see very little progress.

Granted I don't know your height, and all those stats. I think a longer bulking period would be needed, but hey. If you want to cut it's your thing. So do it up. Just remeber, the way you are going about it is gonna be alot longer to get 25lbs on.

I was bulking for a bout 6 weeks. Couldn't handle eating that much anymore so I went down to maintanance intake, and found it rather refreshing for this week, now i'm ready to get back on the train for another 6 weeks or so. Hopefully I can put on another 11 lbs.

KarateBoy
08-10-2006, 11:57 PM
What are you using to measure your bodyfat? DEXA or calipers or what?

I'm using a combined method of online calculators (body tracker) and a tape measure for my waist.

No way can i dish out like $100 for DEXA

KarateBoy
08-11-2006, 12:00 AM
I suppsoe congratz on the BF loss.
I suggest next time you need a break from bulking, don't cut.
Just take a break and eat maintanance. I don't understand how a cut is equal to a break.

On a side note what are you goals, it seems like you are pretty happy where you are.

Thanks, I'm hoping to gain anywhere from 10 to 15 lbs of muscle by christmas. After took, evaluate how I look and plan the next steps.

HahnB
08-11-2006, 01:41 AM
No, that's ridiculous. There's no reason to bulk to a high bodyfat

As I recall, RBB doesn't want to go over 10% again.

Comparing yourself to person X or person Y isn't really relevant to your own progress, for numerous reasons. I agree you may not want to bulk to high bf, but at your weight and bodyfat there is NO reason to cut.

mikej
08-11-2006, 12:00 PM
Thanks, I'm hoping to gain anywhere from 10 to 15 lbs of muscle by christmas. After took, evaluate how I look and plan the next steps.

Have you heard of the freshman 15? You're going to have a LOT of new temptations when you get to school... lots of reasons to not eat right, not work out, maybe drink too much, etc., etc.

Plus your body is going to do a lot of really crazy things as you move toward the end of your teens and into your 20s. You're super young, and you should take advantage of the changes in your metabolism over the next 3 or 4 years and put on as much good weight as possible. The you in 10 years when you're pushing 30 will thank you for it.

If you're anything like most dudes I know... you're going to put on a lot of weight whether you want to or not! Make them good pounds.