PDA

View Full Version : CKD meals

Prelude
01-30-2002, 10:14 AM
I'm planning on trying a CKD diet. But with my work and school schedule, I don't have any time to prepare meals. What are some of the good meals for CKD that can be quick and easy or bought from fast food?

Thanks!!!

Maki Riddington
01-30-2002, 06:16 PM
How much time does it take to cook up some bacon and eggs with cheese?

Wendies chicken nuggets (no sauce)
Order wings from a pizza place ( not breaded)

Shocker
01-30-2002, 06:30 PM
what is a CKD diet ?

Maki Riddington
01-30-2002, 07:14 PM
I would suggest using the search function first.
If you have anymore questions afterwards then ask away:)

therhoads
01-30-2002, 07:54 PM
I am on the CKD diet now (as of Sunday). It is a pain the the ass but hopefully it will be worth it..:D

Definetly NO Wendy's Nuggets - they are breaded! Here is what I usually have (Not all at one time)...tuttut

2 poached eggs (Try scrambled in the microwave if in a hurry)
3 strips bacon (microwavable)
1/4 pound sliced turkey (No Bread)
Cottage Cheese (A little is OK)
String Cheese
Slim Jims for snack
Grilled Chicken Breasts
Steak
Hamburgers
Tuna
Sausage(Be careful, some have sugar)
Jello w/ Nutra Sweet
Celery
Pickles

If you are in a hurry any burger joint will do, just no bread or sauces. You can have mustard and Mayo.

Hope this helps. :)

Maki Riddington
01-30-2002, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by therhoads
Definetly NO Wendy's Nuggets - they are breaded! ...tuttut

*** Why not? If you looked at the amount of carbs in them you'll see you can get away with eating aproximately 18 nuggets. Maybe 16 to be on the safe side.

Shocker
01-30-2002, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by Maki Riddington
I would suggest using the search function first.
If you have anymore questions afterwards then ask away:) :nod:
Sorry, I actually have read quite a few articles about thiss already from various perspectives. It seems controversial and a lot of girls love adaptations of this diet for losig weight because they can eat crap all day.

For bodybuilding how long can you tolerate this diet for?

I assume that it would work, but qhat about ur health?

Commone sense makes me wonder about the adverse effects that this sort of diet could have on ur health. I notice that MAki, you do a lot of this, having read parts of ur journal.

Does anyone here worry about long term things like cancer, heart disease, stroke? I lost both of my parents to cancer and heart disease by the time I was 12 and spent heaps of time reading about general health throughout my teens as a result.

Thissort of diet is a bit dodge.
I am going to read into it further.

01-30-2002, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by Shocker
Does anyone here worry about long term things like cancer, heart disease, stroke? I lost both of my parents to cancer and heart disease by the time I was 12 and spent heaps of time reading about general health throughout my teens as a result.

no body worries about long-term side effects because it isn't meant to be a long-term diet.

MonStar1023
01-30-2002, 08:29 PM
Wendy's nuggets!?

:eek::eek:

Nutritional profile...?

Shocker
01-30-2002, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Avatar

no body worries about long-term side effects because it isn't meant to be a long-term diet.

I guess so, I wouldn't be doing it though personally, even periodically.

Interesting topic though i think.

01-30-2002, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by Maki Riddington

*** Why not? If you looked at the amount of carbs in them you'll see you can get away with eating aproximately 18 nuggets. Maybe 16 to be on the safe side.

maki are you sure? 5 nuggets = 11g carbs.

That'd be 35g carbs for 16 nuggets.. how can one possibly stay in ketosis while eating that?

Maki Riddington
01-30-2002, 10:33 PM
With experimentation you'll see what your limit is. I don't see how your body is going to automatically kick you out of ketosis after 30 grams. So a whole 5 grams is not going to make a difference.

therhoads
01-31-2002, 05:12 AM
Believe me from experience. 35 grams will knock you out of Ketosis. You must keep your range between 20 - 40 / day.

Maki Riddington
01-31-2002, 07:22 AM
Exactly my point. YOUR experience shows that it will take aproximately 35 grams, while others may be able to get even more or less.

irish mike
01-31-2002, 02:52 PM
that 35 grams is spread out over 5 or 6 meals.stay away from bread in any form.shocker i have to comment on your post because i hear the same stuff every time i tell someone im on a ckd.youre the one who's in danger of health problems if your following the usda's food pyramid.high carb consumption is responsible an epidemic of diabetes,obesity and all the health problems that come from being overweight.keto diets improve insulin sensitivity and also preserve lean mass which helps to keep metabolism high.if you want to educate yourself i'd recommend reading one of dr.atkins books.he is brilliant and i respect the man because he has faced critisism from fellow doctors and remains passionate about his beliefs.i've read alot of articles online and whenever i find one that criticizes keto diets i've noticed its all based on opinions and no scientific proof.

SweatHawg
02-02-2002, 01:28 AM
I'm a couple of days late but-Well put Mike! ......and Shocker--hey, read a little more Bro. I lost my Dad to cancer & I work in Hospice so I help care for patients Mon-Fri that are terminal. Most of them have one form of cancer or another but I can tell that this diet is not going to cause cancer or heart disease. Both of these dieases can be brought about by certain bad habits, lifestyle that may cause you to be at risk,but, most of the time-unfortunately & especially with cancer, it just happens. No matter how well you take care of yourself, exercise, eat right, stay away from tobacco & alcohol, cancer can strike. Age also, is not much of a factor but it does strike most (at least fromwhat I have seen in the last 4 years)in the mid to later years. Check www.cancer.org, or do a search & you can come up with some good info that will hopefully put your fears to rest .