PDA

View Full Version : I Bombed!!!!

bigbadwolfe
07-29-2006, 04:10 PM
Well today just was not my day. I opened with 840 misgrooved it 2 times and on the 3rd attempt had it up and locked out on the right but the left was not happening. It was so close, I mean a hair away!!!!! But unfortunatly i could not muster the power to lock it out. Oh well there is always next time!!!!

Wolfy!!!!!

drew
07-29-2006, 04:12 PM
Man that sucks! Glad you're staying positive.

getfit
07-29-2006, 04:13 PM
Sorry to hear that,you'll get it next time.

bjohnso
07-29-2006, 04:32 PM
You'll get it next time. We all have our off days.

Clifford Gillmore
07-29-2006, 09:42 PM
You deserve a huge props for even opening with 840! You monster.

Fitmari
07-29-2006, 09:45 PM
You'll get it!! Just keep up the hard work!!!!!

rbar89
07-29-2006, 09:47 PM
What was the winning lift?

Sensei
07-29-2006, 10:50 PM
Live and learn I guess! Nice job anyway Wolfy!

Bigwhitemale
07-30-2006, 12:13 AM
You'll do it bro, you are so close!...Don't give up, don't you ever give up!:)

ritz600
07-30-2006, 05:19 AM
thats too bad. when is your next meet?

bigbadwolfe
07-30-2006, 01:40 PM
The winning lift in bench press heavys was high 600's there was a 725 bench in the full meet.

I tweaked my wrist pretty good trying to lockout the bar it is pretty sore this morning. Ice and Ibuprofen will come in handy the next couple of days.

I plan on hitting the WPO BB4C to qualify for the Arnold if they have it. I have hreard both invite only and also that you must qualify as usual. I'm waiting to hear back to see which it is.That will be held in Up state New York in Novemeber.

Wolfy!!!!

greathuskie
07-30-2006, 02:56 PM
showoff :P

Stumprrp
07-30-2006, 04:06 PM
its all good wolfe you still own all.

waynedang
07-30-2006, 05:10 PM
No worries big man you know what to do!!

Wayne

chris mason
07-30-2006, 06:28 PM
No worries Mike, everyone makes mistakes.

Maybe I can make you feel better by sharing some news of my own. I partially tore my left quad today while squatting. It is not torn from the bone and is a relatively minor tear from what I can tell (the bruising is quite minimal). It DOES ****ing piss me off and I will not be able to train my quads for a month or more I am sure.

bigbadwolfe
07-30-2006, 07:00 PM
Holy ****, That is not good!!!! That dont make me feel better, that makes me feel bad. Your a great guy I hate to see bad things happen to great people!!!Hope everything heals up OK!!!! How much were you squatting?

Wolfy!!!!!

waynedang
07-30-2006, 08:23 PM
No worries Mike, everyone makes mistakes.

Maybe I can make you feel better by sharing some news of my own. I partially tore my left quad today while squatting. It is not torn from the bone and is a relatively minor tear from what I can tell (the bruising is quite minimal). It DOES ****ing piss me off and I will not be able to train my quads for a month or more I am sure.

Damn Chris that sucks!!! Once it gets healed up some find someone to do some A.R.T. on it. It hurts but is worth it!

Wayne

chris mason
07-31-2006, 05:38 AM
Holy ****, That is not good!!!! That dont make me feel better, that makes me feel bad. Your a great guy I hate to see bad things happen to great people!!!Hope everything heals up OK!!!! How much were you squatting?

Wolfy!!!!!

Lol, that is the worst part I wasn't using much weight at all! It was a comedy of errors on my part. I strained my groin (same side) about 3 weeks ago while leg pressing very heavy. This was my 3rd or 4th time leg pressing in several years and I got overzealous. I then proceed to not take any time off to let it heal and squatted my next session. I have been squatting Olympic style for a long time and had recently just returned to wide stance squats. Instead of doing the smart thing and squatting narrow stance I went with wide. I could feel my groin on the heavy set but it didn't bother me too much. In retrospect I KNOW I altered my form to work around the injury. Finally, I have been fighting a bug for about a week now and was feeling very run down. So, what do I do, I SQUAT. Lol, not smart...

Anyway, c'est la vie. I'll just have to train around it. I think once I let it heal for a week or so I can still do stiff legged deadlifts. I will do those and leg curls for about a month until I think the leg is healed up enough to do some leg extensions and then go from there.

Chris

Clifford Gillmore
07-31-2006, 06:45 AM
Thats terrible to hear chris, at least its only a minor! Hope everything speeds on its way quickly.

Eszekial
07-31-2006, 09:15 AM
Chris and Wolfy!

Damn! Come on guys, we are counting on you guys to stay healthy :D

emjlr3
07-31-2006, 12:44 PM
how was your form Wolfy? I heard you said you were trying to make it better

and it seems to me, IMO, that it takes you a little while to warm up, maybe you should do more warmup sets before you try and go big at the meets

gl recooping Chris

bigbadwolfe
07-31-2006, 01:53 PM
My form was good on the last one :) yeah I need to definatley get in more warm ups. I should fo done aobut 2-3 more then what I did. I need to come almost all the way down. I did do 750 off a 1 board but should of probably done more before that.

Wolfy!!!!

waynedang
07-31-2006, 02:07 PM
The weight lose probably didn't help. I know if I drop much weight or move up it really changes the way my shirts fit and preform. You train with the best in the world so you should get plenty of help.

My shirted bench was all jacked up a few years ago so I held a Metal Militia seminar (have been to 2) and after Sebastion kicked my ass and called me lots of names it is much better. Maybe some day I can make the trip east to westside and learn from you guys. The only way to get better is to learn from the best. Good luck

Wayne

waynedang
08-01-2006, 07:21 PM
That last post makes me sound like an ass!!! I do not think Mike should go to a MM seminar!!!! I was only stating what helped me. If I was could go to westside I would try and I may have another seminar by someone else soon. I am not a world class bencher and need all the help I can get. Sometimes what I mean and what I type do not come out right.

Wayne