PDA

View Full Version : weird sweat stains

codei
07-29-2006, 04:54 PM
I work out fairly hard and as a result, I'm usually soaked with sweat afterwards. It's not always convenient to do laundry afterwards so sometimes dirty gym clothes might sit for a couple days. I noticed that often times, lighter materials (white towel, gray shirt..) get these weird purple discolorations on them...similar to a bad bleach accident or something. It's gotta be my sweat, but any idea why this is? What the heck am I sweating out that it almost dyes material? It doesn't really wash out either.

getfit
07-29-2006, 04:59 PM
i know of yellow stains not purple though, use spray and wash or shout works well on stains.

razorcut
07-29-2006, 05:08 PM
:withstupi
I defer to the women on all issues pertaining to laundry.:D

Teufelhund
07-29-2006, 05:09 PM
I get crazy white salt deposits after the sweat dries. Its kinda cool.

Tryska
07-29-2006, 06:12 PM
your deodorant maybe?

(presuming you use deodorant)

bloodninja
07-29-2006, 09:40 PM
Crazy, white or yellow here. Are you an alien?

Aqualoo
07-29-2006, 09:47 PM
I get crazy white salt deposits after the sweat dries. Its kinda cool.

I used to have salt all over me when I'd get done riding my bike for 3-4 hours.

mike831
07-29-2006, 10:25 PM
Mold? Maybe some chemicals like hairspray/gel that gets mixed with your sweat?

codei
07-30-2006, 06:14 PM
wouldnt be the deodorant, it's not armpit-area specific.

as far as other chemicals, cologne would be the other thing i might have on me.

i don't think its mold as it doesnt wash out, it actually stains the material.

MagnaSephiroth
07-30-2006, 08:11 PM
is this on all your workout clothes or just color specific pieces?

Bob
07-30-2006, 08:30 PM
Sounds like your clothes were touching metal? And perhaps some kind of oxidation?

Shout it out!! And let your clothes soak for a couple of hours before going though the full cycle. This really helps with sweaty clothes that have been sitting for a couple of days..

PhilsterT
07-30-2006, 10:59 PM
This happens to me, but only my white shirts. After many many months it turns like a neon-bright yellow. Is this what you are talking about? I just change by new white shirts every 6 months or so. I think it's a combination of sweet and deodorant build-up.

getfit
07-31-2006, 02:47 AM
This happens to me, but only my white shirts. After many many months it turns like a neon-bright yellow. Is this what you are talking about? I just change by new white shirts every 6 months or so. I think it's a combination of sweet and deodorant build-up.
rub that area with shout or spray in wash before sticking it in the machine,the stains will disappear.

Ricochet_kid
08-17-2006, 06:35 PM
My guess is something in your gym bag that touches the shirt when it's all sweaty. The dye will run on cheap weight loves.. Perhaps it's your bag itself when you put your sweaty clothes in there.?

Unless you're a smurf I'd focus on something that your clothes come in contact with other than you.

Have a smurfy day.
(:idea: * damn, I should've set my nick to 'hefty smurf' *)

MantiXX
08-18-2006, 01:29 PM
Any type of 'dyed' black leather anywhere? Gloves, belt, Bench etc?...

I used to get weird purple stains on my gi's in MMA, and it was from the 'black' leather dye (nothing is actually black, its all dark purples and blues...LOL)...

of course there was always the red (blood)... that would stain as well... 'hey, quit bleeding on me...LOL....:windup:

Peace out....