PDA

View Full Version : Chicken breast suggestions

rrich49132
07-30-2006, 02:08 PM
Anyone have any good recipes for boneless chicken breast? I have cooked it on the grill with BBQ sauce and it is Ok but would like to know some other ways of preparing it that taste good and does not add tons of calories as I am eating it for the protein. Any suggesstions would be appreciated.

-ray

muscle chic
07-30-2006, 04:18 PM
Anyone have any good recipes for boneless chicken breast? I have cooked it on the grill with BBQ sauce and it is Ok but would like to know some other ways of preparing it that taste good and does not add tons of calories as I am eating it for the protein. Any suggesstions would be appreciated.

-ray

I cook mine on the grill with Hot sauce and eat it with tomato and hot peppers.:drooling:

ottomanart
08-06-2006, 11:23 AM
Check out this link:

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?p=1450770#post1450770

these are really good!!!!

goku
08-08-2006, 06:07 PM
gotta love the george foreman grill lol

chicken breast
2 slices of wheat bread
half slice cheese
lil ketchup and mustard
black pepper sometimes

xlerate9
09-06-2006, 04:20 PM
I love grilling it and dumping some mild salsa on it. Tastes great.

piff
09-15-2006, 06:31 PM
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
Season both sides of a boneless, skinless chicked breast with salt and fresh ground pepper
Heat a saute pan to medium-high heat and add some extra virgin olive oil to the pan
Throw the chicken breast on and sear one side for three minutes
Flip the chicken breast and sear the other side for three minutes
Place the chicken breast on a piece of tin foil in the oven for 10 minutes

It should be perfectly done and by searing it, you create a nice crust which locks the moisture in. Enjoy! :drooling:

tigo
09-18-2006, 02:57 AM
shake n bake

gives it the fried chicken feel and taste.. without the oil part :D

VikingWarlord
09-21-2006, 04:34 PM
Right now, I'm eating a salad with grilled chicken breast.

Most of the time, I just throw mine on the Foreman with no seasoning and cook until done. Then I can do just about anything I want with them.

PGreezy
09-23-2006, 10:21 PM
The way i like to change the way my chicken tastes is to grill a steak. Mmmmm Steak. Get a nice lean sirloin, flank or round. Sorry im not talkin about chicken i like chicken with adobo.

workoutmaniac
09-24-2006, 11:36 PM
get urself 'popeyes' ( a restaurant in canada, not sure if its in states too ) chicken......damn......they taste goooooood... i eat about 4 legpieces and 3 thighs three times a week.....trust me .....u wont regret it...

Sleepy Guy
09-25-2006, 05:23 AM
Cook them in the oven with a white wine and lime sauce. About 350f for 45minutes or so. cover them with the sauce/juice. Until they look done.

Or make a sauce after cooking them in a pan. Some Dijon mustard, wine, a little cream, and pepper. Brown the sauce and enjoy.

Grill the chicken on the BBQ. Pour on some wine and finish the bottle.

WBBIRL
09-25-2006, 09:09 AM
I just defrost them in the mic and then broil them in water until their cooked the whole way through. Then I drain the water out of the pan and add alittle fat free pam and season the chicken with various spices until the top and bottom start to darken alittle.

I never thought about marinateing them... I think I'll try some zezty Itialian salad dressing with some chicken breast.

On a side note chicken breast rockzors for cutting. Like 200 calroies and 40G of protein per breast. Plus you can do alot with it... I've eaten it with hotsauce, soysauce, BBQ sauce, on sandwiches (not while cutting, bread is too many empty cals), in salads or even plain.

BG5150
09-25-2006, 11:58 AM
get urself 'popeyes' ( a restaurant in canada, not sure if its in states too ) chicken......damn......they taste goooooood... i eat about 4 legpieces and 3 thighs three times a week.....trust me .....u wont regret it...
Lot's of sodium there:

http://www.popeyes.com/nutrition/index_nutr2005.asp

BG5150
09-25-2006, 12:00 PM
As for marinades, I found Emeril's stuff to be tasty; especially the lemon and rosemary.

I like make chicken cacciatore (sp?) with the breasts.

Also salads (eating one now).

You can make your own breading with jsut bread crumbs or flour and various spices.

Mrs. Dash rocks for adding some flavor. It's great in anything. I esp. like it in my tuna.

85Mario85
09-26-2006, 08:25 AM
begore grilling put some lemon pepper and some other seasonings as you like leave it for a day with all the seasonings grill it the next day n it tastes wonderful

Ruffian
09-26-2006, 09:17 PM
marinade in terryaki.. so good...

also, put chicken in stir fry.. .lots of veggies... add it to a pita, season it with a mix. of poultry spice, garlic spice, onion salt and seasoning salt (my personal mix... tres yummy)..

Really, it depends on what you like...

McIrish
10-01-2006, 04:07 AM
Emeril's multipurpose grill spice ftw. That stuff kicks my ass so hard, it's so good.

Throw some lime juice on top of grilled chicken and put it on a salad with salsa and avocado wedges. You can even make homemade tortilla strips by shallow frying a cut-up tortilla in olive oil. :drooling:

honda2002civic
11-13-2006, 07:56 PM
marinade in italian dressing

its also great with just some garlic powder, salt, chyenne pepper and oregeno... mix that chicken with some pasta and your fav. sauce... thats my favorite

russianwol
11-13-2006, 08:50 PM
Disconnect yourself from the food you eat - no mental attachment. Then everything will taste like chicken and good :omg:

krboyd7
11-22-2006, 06:30 AM
Let the chicken breats marinate in some peri-peri sauce for a few hours then slap it on the george foreman. I also tend to have it in a whole-meal pitta with a slice of pineaple and a slice of low fat cheese. Love this post workout meal.You could even have white pitta or bread roll if its post workout!
(Remember that window of opportunity to use higher g.i. carbs)

EvanH
11-22-2006, 06:40 AM
I usually mix some of this badass hot sauce I got a few years ago (mad dog 357) with some bbq sauce and cook it in some olive oil. mmm mmmm mmmmm

SDS
11-22-2006, 07:47 AM
I eat the free range chickens from the health food place. A 3 lb. whole bird, split from neck to ass, rubbed with olive oil, covered with sea salt and crushed rosemary, broiled at 385° for about 40 minutes.

Alex.V
11-22-2006, 08:31 AM
Want some REAL fun?

Ingredients:

4-5 chicken breasts
1 pound lump crab meat
1/2 cup lite mayo
1 small white onion, chopped
2 Tbsp seasoned bread crumbs
2 tsp Parmesan cheese
Two lemons
2 egg whites
1 Tbsp turmeric
2 Tbsp hot paprika
1 Tbsp salt

Preheat oven to 375 degrees

Pound the chicken breasts flat. Combine the crab meat, mayo, bread crumbs, onion, and cheese in a bowl, mix until moist. Add the egg whites, 1 Tbsp of paprika, turmeric, and salt to the bowl. Continue mixing until the whole mess becomes slightly yellow. Squeeze the lemons in, mix briefly.

Lay out each chicken breast and put about a handful of the crab mixture in the middle. Roll the chicken breast around it, then place the roll flap side down (to hold it closed) in a baking pan. Repeat until all are stuffed. Dust the top of the breasts with the rest of the paprika. Add some regular cheese to the top, or even wrap them in turkey bacon if you like. Bake for 45 minutes.

Eat.

Lot of prep, but makes a great lunch the next day too.

Plus you can impress your mom.

Also not bad for entertaining guests while sticking to your diet.

Sidior
11-22-2006, 11:36 AM

Dude that **** is so greasy. It's delicious death.

FREAKZILLA
11-22-2006, 03:13 PM
6-8 Breats
1-4 cup Olive Oil
5 lemons Juiced
2 tbsp sugar
Salt and Pepper

combine the last four ingridients in a medium bowl, then add chicken. cover the bowl and marinade for 3 to 4 hours.

Credit Garrett Downing for this one.

It is quite delicious!