PDA

View Full Version : Me at end of first cut

LivinItUp
07-30-2006, 09:00 PM
This is me at the end of my first real cut. I bulked last spring from 190 to 220, and over summer I've cut back down to 200. Now I am wanting to bulk to get some insane mass on me. I'm standing 6'5" too atm

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/2751/me2zl7.jpg

DeviceX
07-30-2006, 09:15 PM
Looks great. Thats about how I want to look at 6'5!

gains2385
07-30-2006, 10:09 PM
Great job man! How are the leggies? Did you ever start your 20 rep squats?

LivinItUp
07-30-2006, 10:34 PM
Great job man! How are the leggies? Did you ever start your 20 rep squats?

Thanks. My legs are getting big as well. Muscles are popping out on them that I didn't know existed. I've got a lot of space though because my arms and legs are so damn long! LOL I'd rather it take longer to fill them out than have shorter legs and arms and already be big.

As far as the 20 rep squats, I was going to attempt it but I was worn out at 12 reps my first time. Then I wore out at 15. So I decided to just do 12-15 reps for two weeks before I go on to attempt 20 rep squats. So...I will be working 20 rep squat routine not this week, but the next!

Relentless
07-31-2006, 07:17 AM
looks like you've leaned out pretty well

not sure if it's the pic or the pose but your shoulders look like they kind of overwhelm your pecs

maybe start a focus on chest work for the next bulk cycle?

muscle chic
07-31-2006, 07:33 AM
Wow!! 6' 5" that's huge!! You're gonna be a monster!!

LivinItUp
07-31-2006, 07:45 AM
looks like you've leaned out pretty well

not sure if it's the pic or the pose but your shoulders look like they kind of overwhelm your pecs

maybe start a focus on chest work for the next bulk cycle?

haha, yeah for sure man! Believe me I am trying, my bench is goin' up nicely. I think maybe some more incline work will help? I've done more flat bench than anything else. That kind of sounds funny, "you're shoulders are overwhelming" But yeah I want to try and be a little more proportionate, so thanks for the tip!

One long term goal I don't think about would be to actually be a monster by the end of NEXT summer. We'll see how that goes :cool:

muscle chic
07-31-2006, 08:10 AM
haha, yeah for sure man! Believe me I am trying, my bench is goin' up nicely. I think maybe some more incline work will help? I've done more flat bench than anything else. That kind of sounds funny, "you're shoulders are overwhelming" But yeah I want to try and be a little more proportionate, so thanks for the tip!

One long term goal I don't think about would be to actually be a monster by the end of NEXT summer. We'll see how that goes :cool:

By next summer........No Problem, that's a whole year. You're big as it is now!! Can't wait to see you next year!!

wannab250
07-31-2006, 03:00 PM
show me some pics before the cut, im interested to see how you looked and at what weight you were in the bigger pics?

LivinItUp
07-31-2006, 04:37 PM
show me some pics before the cut, im interested to see how you looked and at what weight you were in the bigger pics?

Alright well I don't have any that show my body before my cut. I didn't have a camera or camera phone then.

This is me at 210lbs, mid-cut, the one in the original post is after bulking for a week and a half. The day before I ate like a monster :) No jokes

The most noticable difference ... I carved out my triceps once I was down to 200, all three heads are visible now.

Sorry but I like my bud, I am kind of frattastic

http://img485.imageshack.us/img485/3792/philly1xm8.jpg

kw1k
08-02-2006, 01:54 AM
how long did you cut for?

KingWilder
08-02-2006, 06:24 AM
hyoooge arms...kind of makes your chest look small

great work though...6'5" bah, can I borrow like 2 inches?

Stumprrp
08-02-2006, 07:43 AM
wow man 6'5 you look good for thae height, if i was 6'5 i was bulk to at least 300 lbs lol

sharkall2003
08-02-2006, 08:08 AM
How the hell do you guys look so big at 6'3"+ and 200 pounds. No offense, but that's not that large. Either way, you look heavier than that.

Clifford Gillmore
08-02-2006, 09:12 AM
How the hell do you guys look so big at 6'3"+ and 200 pounds. No offense, but that's not that large. Either way, you look heavier than that.

I'm with you on that.

Looking lean.

TwiloMike
08-02-2006, 09:28 AM
great work though...6'5" bah, can I borrow like 2 inches?
Dude, you don't wanna borrow them, you wanna have them! It would suck to have to give them back.

OT: Looking good there. More mass will do you well, and yeah, you're a tall ****er.

KingWilder
08-02-2006, 09:36 AM
that's true...unless I borrowed them for life

Unholy
08-02-2006, 09:36 AM
You look alot heavier than 200 if you really are 6'5" >.<

sharkall2003
08-02-2006, 11:56 AM
Do you work your back and legs? You have any shots of those? I would be curious as to what those bodyparts look like becuase I weigh five more pounds then you and my chest is only slightly larger and my arms are probably just as big if not bigger. Please post them if you can.

Beast
08-02-2006, 02:10 PM
That's probably why he looks heavier than 200.

LivinItUp
08-02-2006, 04:20 PM
Do you work your back and legs? You have any shots of those? I would be curious as to what those bodyparts look like becuase I weigh five more pounds then you and my chest is only slightly larger and my arms are probably just as big if not bigger. Please post them if you can.

I do work legs and back, twice a week! Could be that I carry slim to none fat on my legs/arms. I store it on my stomach, and I've got that off for the most part, still a work in progress. I don't have any shots of them right now. They're strong though

Also, I'm not the type of person who's going to lie about his weight. I've always been big on not caring about how much I weigh, though I've learned to track some progress with it. So far after a week of bulking I'm sitting at 203.5.

LivinItUp
08-02-2006, 04:22 PM
how long did you cut for?

I would say about 2months - 2 1/2months

LivinItUp
08-02-2006, 05:21 PM
wow man 6'5 you look good for thae height, if i was 6'5 i was bulk to at least 300 lbs lol

I'm chowing down the food like you would not believe! I'm up some solid lbs so far on my bulk! Workouts have been excellent I love eating now, lol!

sharkall2003
08-02-2006, 06:43 PM
I do work legs and back, twice a week! Could be that I carry slim to none fat on my legs/arms. I store it on my stomach, and I've got that off for the most part, still a work in progress. I don't have any shots of them right now. They're strong though

Also, I'm not the type of person who's going to lie about his weight. I've always been big on not caring about how much I weigh, though I've learned to track some progress with it. So far after a week of bulking I'm sitting at 203.5.

Yeah, that could very well be so. It's just hard to believe. I mean you would have to be shredded on your legs and back.

gains2385
08-02-2006, 07:15 PM
I'm chowing down the food like you would not believe! I'm up some solid lbs so far on my bulk! Workouts have been excellent I love eating now, lol!
I envy you. I will diet, at least at a level to where I am keeping the carbs down and eating helathy, for another week. Then I am going to take some after pictures for progress and start that bulk!

LivinItUp
08-03-2006, 03:47 PM
I envy you. I will diet, at least at a level to where I am keeping the carbs down and eating helathy, for another week. Then I am going to take some after pictures for progress and start that bulk!

ahh yeah bulking is so great, but I am starting to feel sick of eating haha! I've finally attained 17" bicep flexed...18 is soo far away....20 is sooo much farther , ugh

LivinItUp
09-25-2006, 01:59 AM
I haven't been around much on here lately, but I bulked up to around 207lbs or so, then started on another cut. I'm down to 189lbs right now. Here's what I look like atm!

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/4766/cut189lbjo7.jpg

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/4964/bwcutkb1.jpg

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/5568/scutkw9.jpg

Steele
09-25-2006, 07:02 AM
Those are precisely the proportions i'm going for =) Lookin' great, keep it up.

-Steele

Powdered_Power
09-25-2006, 07:20 AM
I think you can bulk up a whole lot more before starting a cut... youre a big guy so why not keep on bulking up to about 220-230lbs before cutting?

LivinItUp
09-25-2006, 10:55 AM
My abs and midsection were lacking compared to everything else so I wanted to shape that up some more before starting in on anything else. But yes I will definately be bulking to 220-230 again for sure. It paid off last spring

LivinItUp
09-25-2006, 04:52 PM
Those are precisely the proportions i'm going for =) Lookin' great, keep it up.

-Steele

Thanks! I'm not lettin' up one bit, I'm going to the gym right now!

aweaver
10-06-2006, 11:53 AM
I'm just about the same weight as you (210) and height but you look a lot bigger then I do.

LivinItUp
10-17-2006, 05:56 PM
I'm just about the same weight as you (210) and height but you look a lot bigger then I do.

The difference could be that I was once 225lbs maybe and I maintained just about all my strength when I cut.

Hockey66
10-17-2006, 06:04 PM
In my opinion you look bigger and more defined in the first picture in this thread.

toki
10-18-2006, 03:04 AM
I know this whole thread is kind of old...but you seem to be working in circles.

+30, -20, +7, -16 ....

and somehow I doubt you do any serious ab work. Stick with something for 3-4 months and evaluate your progress...your pictures all pretty much look the same.

LivinItUp
10-22-2006, 01:06 PM
I know this whole thread is kind of old...but you seem to be working in circles.

+30, -20, +7, -16 ....

and somehow I doubt you do any serious ab work. Stick with something for 3-4 months and evaluate your progress...your pictures all pretty much look the same.

You're right I got started late on serious ab work, I have made lots of progress though. I just had to cut when I was at 225 my face was starting to look puffy haha. You're absolutely right though, and that is very good advice that I will follow!

deeder
10-22-2006, 04:55 PM
Traps, chest and back look like they are way behind shoulder and arm development. What's your split like?

We still need some leg pics!

Built
10-22-2006, 05:09 PM
deeder - I was just about to suggest the exact same thing - the shoulders are rounding inward, that's a sure sign of untapped posterior chain potential.

Livin, you doing deads, rows, chins ...?

Jordanbcool
10-22-2006, 05:59 PM
Jesus christ I wish I were that tall. Ever heard of ferringo??? He was a bodybuilder just as tall as you. Enourmous, he usually towered over everyone else when competing. In the end he got up to 310 lbs at 3-4% bodyfat!!

If you wanna be big you could def. get up to the mid 200's and still be lean (8-9%) without taking roids. Wow, I'm curious to see how big you'd be if you got to 250lbs at 9%. Its def. possible.

Man if I were 6"5 I'd just walk around kicking ass whenever it was needed. But you have a great physique going on now. Congradulations on the cut.

Jordanbcool
10-22-2006, 06:05 PM
My abs and midsection were lacking compared to everything else so I wanted to shape that up some more before starting in on anything else. But yes I will definately be bulking to 220-230 again for sure. It paid off last spring

By the way.....I'm 5"8 and bulking up to 230ish....Of course I'll probably be around 20% when that happens but my point is that you could easily add on alot more weight pretty effortlessly if you work hard in the gym and eat right.

I suggest using or starting Baby got back. Its on builts signature. Great split, I really can't see myself following anything else for a while. If your big on having a nice back like me you'll love working it two days a week. Read it and ask her if you have any questions.

-jordan

LivinItUp
10-24-2006, 06:51 PM
deeder- I agree and I know...though I can't deny I like my arms being ahead a little...but ya something that I appreciate you noting. I worked my arms originally more than anything back when i first started weight training in high school on my own. I didn't know anything...I just starting eating a lot and lifting weights hardcore.

Jordan - damn man that's motivating, I recently got in some trouble for kicking someone's ass. There's a lot of history and back ground I never fight to be honest I stop fights 95% of the time...unfortunately this guy had threatened my life before and fell in that 5%.'
Jordan- I want to bulk to 230ish as well, I'm sittin' at 197-200ish right now, so the weight is coming back on nicely, I've quit drinking alcohol altogether 100%, and I've started on creatine..and now I'll have a little more spare time than usual.

Back is one of my weaker points right now so I'm going to have a look at it, I do need some change to my routine. I've put it up here before I just never followed through with changing it the way I should have. I got mixed up in school/fraternity..etc :/ no excuses.

Built - I started doing rows a little late, I'm workin on rows now and lats more because that's what I am lacking.

So, when I get some more spare time here later I want to look at your baby got back routine and try that soon.

Thanks for all the interest, your posts got me thinking :scratch: :dj: :bow: :cool:

if i missed anything ill check back later, im leaving work!