PDA

View Full Version : ETS Dosing

Eszekial
07-31-2006, 12:39 PM
Dealing with a lot of soreness lately, and also trying to get in a lot of extra Zinc due to a T-Nation article i just read regarding Zinc and T levels.

Typically i take 8 pills daily as recomended.

I'm 200+ lbs at 6"1, 19 years old.. Anything wrong with upping this to 12, maybe 16 capsules a day?

chris mason
07-31-2006, 01:08 PM
The only concern with upping the dose is with overdosing on the zinc and magnesium components. I have take in the 13-15 range myself for periods of time but don't necessarily recommend it.

Chris

Eszekial
07-31-2006, 01:13 PM
Thanks Chris, i'll try and keep it in moderation.

I would venture to guess that if i do decide to overdose, a ZMA supplement would probably be out of the question?

chris mason
07-31-2006, 08:54 PM
Thanks Chris, i'll try and keep it in moderation.

I would venture to guess that if i do decide to overdose, a ZMA supplement would probably be out of the question?

Yes, definitely!

Sensei
07-31-2006, 10:10 PM
Chris,
Would you recommend going off ETS when you are having a recovery/deloading week? or day for that matter?

I understand that you should be careful about taking in more vitamin E, C, zinc, magnesium (as they are in ETS), but are there any other supplements/vitamins/etc. that you should avoid when taking ETS?

Sensei
08-03-2006, 06:05 AM
Bump.

chris mason
08-03-2006, 06:13 PM
Chris,
Would you recommend going off ETS when you are having a recovery/deloading week? or day for that matter?

I understand that you should be careful about taking in more vitamin E, C, zinc, magnesium (as they are in ETS), but are there any other supplements/vitamins/etc. that you should avoid when taking ETS?

I think it is wise to cycle ETS to some degree as with any supplement. That said, it is not necessary to do so.

No, other than the vitamin and mineral content excess concern there are no other supplemets to avoid when using ETS that I am aware of.

Sidior
08-05-2006, 03:51 PM
so overdosing of microlactic acid is not to be worried about?

chris mason
08-05-2006, 05:32 PM
so overdosing of microlactic acid is not to be worried about?

Microlactic acid? If you are referring to Microlactin (TM) then I do not know of any safety issues with higher doses but I also do not think excessive doses reap a commensurately greater benefit.

Chris

View 1
08-10-2006, 12:29 AM
@Chris - Im currenly on a 3 day routine and the only day that bothers me is leg day ( yes the famous leg day ) with ETS is it something you have to take everyday or could I just take it on my leg day, that is really the only day that bothers me. Or would you have to take it on that day and the next to cut down the doms?

Thanks, in advance.

chris mason
08-10-2006, 05:29 AM
@Chris - Im currenly on a 3 day routine and the only day that bothers me is leg day ( yes the famous leg day ) with ETS is it something you have to take everyday or could I just take it on my leg day, that is really the only day that bothers me. Or would you have to take it on that day and the next to cut down the doms?

Thanks, in advance.

You need to take it every day. You may find that 1/2 the full dose taken daily does the trick.

Chris