PDA

View Full Version : Oats?

neon
08-03-2006, 08:34 AM
Ok, so I hear tons about the steel cut oats so i went and bought some and I cant stand them. I try eating them but they just dont want to go down. I would much rather eat the rolled oats (Quaker style). Is that a bad thing?

Also, when you guys talk about adding oats to shakes, are you grinding them up into powder or just throwing them in?

thanks in advance...

getfit
08-03-2006, 08:35 AM
grind them, add protein whatever else you want and drink.

Steele
08-03-2006, 08:41 AM
Food is better for you the closer it is to it's natural state imo, in the end the choice comes down to you and your preference :p

-Steele

neon
08-03-2006, 08:51 AM
wouldnt it be the exact same thing just one is in a "pellet" form and the other has just been rolled flat? As long as the rolled one hasnt been bleached or anything like that?

teaturtle
08-03-2006, 09:08 AM
I buy the natural kind from wild oats. They're rolled oats though so I dunno if they have the same good stuff as the steel cut oats..

ehscrewdude
08-03-2006, 05:17 PM
its all good... quaker is good... and yeah, u can just throw them in the blender with everything else, they get shredded into it...

neon
08-03-2006, 05:23 PM
well my shake doesnt go in the blender...it consists of whey protein and water....not really much blending goin on...haha

so just throw the oats in the blender, try to get them to a powder and then add?

getfit
08-03-2006, 05:24 PM
that's how you do it.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
08-03-2006, 05:25 PM
Food is better for you the closer it is to it's natural state imo, in the end the choice comes down to you and your preference :p

-SteeleWhat's wrong with grinding up oats?

so just throw the oats in the blender, try to get them to a powder and then add?I grind up the oats in a coffee grinder until it's a powder and then throw it into the blender. I do the same thing with almonds.