PDA

View Full Version : What's a very good daily multi-vitamin?

squale
08-03-2006, 09:45 AM
I am looking for a new daily multi-vitamin. I have been taking Centrum, One A Day for Men, and The Vitamin Shoppe Men's multivitams for over the last few years (I only take 1 vitamin pill a day). I was wondering if there is anything better? I'm a 25 year old male, 6'2", 185lbs in good shape. I work out with weights and cardio about 3-4 times a week. What would you guys say are the best vitamins to take?

getfit
08-03-2006, 09:46 AM
http://atlargenutrition.com/nutrition_detail.php?products_id=6

KingWilder
08-03-2006, 09:47 AM
I take One A Day for Men

ShockBoxer
08-03-2006, 10:26 AM
I cannot take one a day for men. I've got like a year's worth (two regular sized bottles) just doing nothing because within seconds of taking one my temperature spikes drastically, I break into a cold sweat, and spend the next few hours running into and out of a washroom.

The same thing happened with an in-store brand from a local pharmacy.

I really want to take one because my vitamins and mineral intake is PATHETIC compared to RDA.

KingWilder
08-03-2006, 10:31 AM
were you taking the One A Day with food or just by itself?

Kana
08-03-2006, 10:33 AM
I would think any multi-vitamin would be good. I just take the costco brand.

malkore
08-03-2006, 10:59 AM
almost sounds like the niacin is too much for you to handle. but centrum doesn't have enough niacin in 1 serving to cause a niacin flush in normal people.

Brock Huard
08-03-2006, 11:34 AM
USANA was recently rated the best multi

Source: "A Comparative Guide to Nutritional Supplements"
http://www.naturalphysiques.com/amazon/shop.php?item=0973253800

ehscrewdude
08-03-2006, 05:15 PM
I would think any multi-vitamin would be good. I just take the costco brand.
COSTCO! YAY!

ShockBoxer
08-03-2006, 05:19 PM
were you taking the One A Day with food or just by itself?

With food... but not a lot of food. I was going to try grinding one up and dumping it in my breakfast mess (oatmeal with two scoops of whey, a teaspoon of benefiber, and a little non-hydrogenated low-sat margerine) but I can't do it before work if I get that extreme a response and keep forgetting to on a weekend.

almost sounds like the niacin is too much for you to handle. but centrum doesn't have enough niacin in 1 serving to cause a niacin flush in normal people.

I am a normal person in very, very few ways when it comes to digestion unfortunately. Centrum? Might be worth a try.