PDA

View Full Version : Eat first, cut later?

teaturtle
08-03-2006, 11:38 AM
I've been feeling pretty weak lately. I've been eating healthy stuff like natural PB sandwiches, fruits, some veggies, protein shakes, a lot of liquids, pasta, rice, etc.

I'm a beginner at lifting and I know that most will improve on any routine and reasonable diet. What I want to know is if instead of eating 5-7 small healthy meals a day, I could eat 3 small meals (snacks) and 3 bigger meals that come from healthy foods just in bigger portions maybe? Like I'm missing out on homemade pizza and other meals containging bunch of carbs.

And I was thinking later when I gained more strength (and fat heh) I could cut easily (cuz losing weight healthily is easy for my body). In other words, I could eat eat eat, just not junk foods, workout a lot, and cut the fat out later. ??

sharkall2003
08-03-2006, 11:45 AM
If you're trying to gain strength then you need to start eating. If cutting is particularly easy for you then you need to just eat nothing but healthy "clean" foods and lots of them. If you keep your diet in check, are lifting as hard as you can and do it consistently you will have great gains, your body will look better and you'll reach what goals you have set.

teaturtle
08-03-2006, 11:55 AM
but even if cutting wasnt easy for me, wouldnt i still be eating healthy "clean" foods?