PDA

View Full Version : best weight program for MMA and BJJ

dmercbjj
08-03-2006, 01:11 PM
Hey guys! Been doing jiu-jitsu for a while and want to dab into mma. Want to really get in good shape.

Anyone have any good workouts that build strength and definition as well? Circuits maybe?

Dont really workout correctly in the weightroom so I need some help.

I workout BJJ four nights a week and weight train the other three.

Thanks!

Anthony
08-03-2006, 01:20 PM
Can I? Can I? ....

Look up Crossfit, it's a general physical preparedness program that's used by a lot of fighters with great success.

dmercbjj
08-03-2006, 01:40 PM
Where could I find those? I googled it and got 10 million sites..haha

Chubrock
08-04-2006, 08:49 AM
Hmmmmmm, maybe crossfit.com....And definition doesn't mean a damn thing in grappling.

Tack
08-04-2006, 10:31 AM
I have a question about crossfit. How can the average guy, who doesn't have rings and all the other training equipment that they use, do some of the exercises. Is there somewhere somebody has improvised some of the exercises.

Absolute
08-04-2006, 06:49 PM
Look at the FAQ. Lots of good info on substitutions in there.

Hazerboy
08-05-2006, 06:13 PM
Go make a heavy sandbag and carry it for intervals. Thats helped with my grappling conditioning more then sprints, log distance running, and any other conditioning program other than grappling itself.

MixmasterNash
08-05-2006, 07:17 PM
Go make a heavy sandbag and carry it for intervals. Thats helped with my grappling conditioning more then sprints, log distance running, and any other conditioning program other than grappling itself.
I dunno, "log distance running" sounds pretty cool. :D

Skinny_DiezeL
08-06-2006, 03:38 PM
I dunno, "log distance running" sounds pretty cool. :D

um, lol. sounds like murder on the shoulders... :whip:

turkey sandwich
08-13-2006, 07:29 PM
crossfit is fantastic, check out CORE programs... if you don't have access to any type of equipment (kettlebells, swiss ball, pushup handles, weights, etc) there are tons of great plyometric workouts that work remarkably well. Explosiveness and muscular endurance are at a premium, and calisthetics and plyometrics are great ways to get that up.