PDA

View Full Version : Check my Fitday

neon
08-03-2006, 01:24 PM
Any input would be appreciated...I know im not gettin enough calories but it seems so hard when your eating 5-6 meals a day. Heres what im eating today.

Wake up- 1 cup oatmeal with .5 scoop of whey protein

Morning snack- .5 cup of CC and a few nuts (walnuts and almonds)

Lunch- Half of a tuna sandwich on whole wheat bread, .5 cup CC and some more nuts

Afternoon snack- Little bit of CC and the other half of tuna sandwich.

Workout

After that- Protein shake right after workout and then when i get home probably have some ramen noodles.

Before bed- Casein protein shake with skim milk.

Am I on the right track or still completely off?

ehscrewdude
08-03-2006, 05:19 PM
if ur not getting enough calories either double everything or eat more calorie-dense foods... I have combos that I use every day to add lots of protein or carbs or calories.... just research in recipes and find some new foods....

neon
08-04-2006, 07:43 AM
How does my timing of food look?

Steele
08-04-2006, 08:21 AM
I was told yesterday that timing doesn't matter so much, but i reckon so long as you don't leave massive gaps between meals you should be alright. Also need to be getting 5 fruit n veggies a day in there :p Can get better sources of protein for less money than constantly caning shakes, try for ground lean beef/frozen chicken breast portions/low fat cottage cheese/sliced deli turkey or chicken. More fish would be cool too :P

-Steele

neon
08-04-2006, 08:33 AM
i normally throw some chicken or other meat in there but yesterday i didnt for some reason...and i dont eat fish all that much (besides tuna) just because its expensive and i dont know how to cook it...

Steele
08-04-2006, 09:05 AM
You can buy tinned salmon and sardines on the cheap :p

-Steele

neon
08-04-2006, 09:18 AM
never had sardines and not sure if i want to....but the tinned salmon doesnt sound too bad...

Steele
08-04-2006, 09:41 AM
Nah man, all fish tastes great =) You can buy frozen salmon portions too, just slam one in the microwave and smother it in cottage cheese with some spices, 40 grams of hardcore protein with a few healthy carbs and bit of fish fat =)

-Steele

gains2385
08-04-2006, 11:24 AM
I hate white fish. It made George stink, and when George stinks, I am not happy.

neon
08-04-2006, 11:39 AM
Made George stink? And this is because of the fish?