PDA

View Full Version : Diet help - Meal Suggestions

freestyler
08-05-2006, 06:05 AM
Hello,

Weight: 14lb (10 Stone)

From eating a few sandwiches a day, to going to 5/6 meals a day is hard. Started Monday, but as Wednesday / Thursday came, it started to take its toll, I'm almost always feeling very full now.

Anyway, I started eating more and I planned it to be this:

1. Wake Up (07:00am)
Shake:
...Half cup of oats
...400ml milk

2. Mid-Morning (10:00am)
Banana
Yogurt (High fat such as chocolate)

3. Lunch (12:30am)
Chicken breast fillet
2 Sweet potatoes

4. Mid-Day (15:00am)
Tuna Pasta Salad

5. Evening (17:00am)
Shake:
...Half cup of nuts
...1 scoop of whey
...1tbs of olive oil
...400ml milk

6. Before Bed (22:00am)
Cottage cheese sandwich

Anyway, I now know I can never eat cottage cheese, its disgusting! And I'm having trouble eating a tuna pasta salad every day, so I need a alternative for that on some days.
Also I would like to have a replacement 'before bed' meal.

One more thing, mosty of the food I'm eating, isnt what I like, Im just eating it because I need to, but I was thinking of an additional meal for the mid morning part, of something like a large breakfast sandwich of bacon, egg, mushrooms etc, but is this ok the have, remember I am on a bulk and wanting to put as as much weight as I possibly can, even if its alot of fat, although it doesn't sound too healthy

So to re-cap:
1. Need an alternative to a Tuna pasta salad
2. Need a meal before bed
3. Is a large breakfast sandwich OK to have (containing the above, bacon etc)

Thank you

Steele
08-05-2006, 01:01 PM
Wouldn't advocate high fat yoghurts, prolly better off with whey powder + low fat yoghurt mixed together. Might be better to go for the low fat dairy options, that way you can squeeze in more protein and mono/polyunsaturated fats, rather than just fat.

Edit: +5 fruit and veg a day =)

-Steele

freestyler
08-05-2006, 01:05 PM
Low fat dairy options?

I am bulking as much as I possibly can, so I figured more high fat dairy such as whole milk over skimmed, this not correct?

Built
08-05-2006, 01:05 PM
What do your macros work out to? And ditch the chocolate yogurt with banana mid morning dessert. Not enough protein, too much sucrose.

powerrack
08-05-2006, 04:53 PM
It is tough from going from a few sandwhiches a day to eating more often. Remember it's just mini meals though, it takes time but slowly your body will adjust and you'll feel great.

Why not a couple egg wraps in whole wheat tortillas, I wouldn't worry about the carbs too much b/c your trying to put on as much weight as possible, but like 3 xl eggs in a whole wheat tortilla with cheese,some peppers or whatever you like is about 25-30grams of protien, down a glass or two of milk with it and your at 40 or so grams of protien right there.

Cottage cheese is a bodybuilding dream food for me, I never liked it at first either now I go through quite a bit daily, I mix the dry version with natural peanut butter and eat it, to me it's tasty, others might have better suggestions to get it down, some of these foods you just have to find a way to make them taste the way you like it to use them, the same for tuna, I prefer putting in things with some crunch in them, green peppers, red peppers,etc to give it some texture.

I see no beef in there, extra lean ground beef is a good BB food, I prefer making up a bunch of patties on my grill then freezing them having enough throughout the week to eat, again you just gotta learn to put in the right flavors for yourself to like the food.

The truth is food is fun and can taste great based on the flavors you put in, success in BB or in that matter diet overall you have to learn how to cook properly for your tastes, or else you'll never take it to the next level. Based on what your saying above and you sound new to the diet end of things I can tell you'll make it work soon, it'll take some time but eventually you'll find a way to eat what you need in order to grow. I view food as objects that will lead to my success, but also something to enjoy.

KingWilder
08-05-2006, 05:08 PM
Low fat dairy options?

I am bulking as much as I possibly can, so I figured more high fat dairy such as whole milk over skimmed, this not correct?

That's what most people do...something like 2% Cottage Cheese and whole milk..but yeah, listen to Built, ditch the high sugar yogurt

freestyler
08-05-2006, 05:30 PM
Thanks for replying people.

What do your macros work out to?
Well Im only calculating calories and protein at the moment, and it worked out at 2500 - 3000 cals and around 170 protein, and being onyol 140lb I8'm guessing its a little too much protein, or not so much as 'too much' but more than enough.

Beef, as you mentioned, I will add this somewhere, maybe as an alternative to chicken on some days, but I try to eat meat every day.

KingWilder
08-05-2006, 06:34 PM
Fish is also a good idea

170g protein is fine, esp. since you're bulking

make sure you check your weight once a week (same day/time every time) to make sure you're going up in weight...if you're not, increase the cals

freestyler
08-05-2006, 06:37 PM
Yeah I forgot about fish altogether really, Il be adding that.

Il post my diet again soon, once I've changed it slightly, to see how you think it is.

Thank you all

freestyler
08-06-2006, 03:39 PM
OK well now looks something like this:

M1: Shake: Half cup of oats, 400ml milk
M2: 2 Eggs, 3 Bacon in Tortilla Wraps (2)
M3: Chicken Fillet & 4 Potatoes (Mash)
M4: Steak w/ Salad
M5: Shake: Half cup of nuts, 3 tbs of Peanut Butter, 1 scoop of whey, 1tbs of olive oil, 400ml milk
M6: Tuna Mayo Sandwich

Well this is Monday and Tuesday. On Thursday and Friday, I replace the Steak w/ salad, with Salmon w/Salad (No idea what else to eat salmon with).
And Wednesday, I have neither and replace it with Tuna Pasta Salad.

I know its not perfect and the foods that are with each other look less appealing, but its a good start, right?

If anything is missing or looks like I'm consuming more/less of something, I would like your opinions.

Thanks

Sionnan
08-06-2006, 04:02 PM
my husband *hates* cottage cheese, and tries to eat it as quickly as possible - until he mixed it one day with salsa. and he loves it that way!

I haven't tried it, sounds disgusting to me, but if it helps him to get it down... :)

The only way I could eat it before was with chunks of fresh watermelon, kind of diguised the taste. Then someone told me that watermelon is pretty much pure sugar... bummer.