PDA

View Full Version : Nutrition help

Steele
08-05-2006, 10:58 AM
Sup guys, needing some help with diet =) I already eat pretty healthily, but today i altered my shopping list in preparation for working out. I constantly keep my larder restocked, am just wondering if there's anything i'm missing (: Also want to see the kind of stuff other people are buying, and if peeps could make reccomendations then that would be awsome. Kk, here goes -

Tuna by the bucketload
Lean beef mince (think it's called ground beef in US)
Red salmon
Frozen salmon steaks
Frozen chicken breast portions
Wholemeal bread
Wholewheat pasta
Brown rice
Swiss muesli
(Wholegrain?) Shredded wheat
Whole rolled oats
Instant oats
Skimmed milk
Lots of Quark (non-fat cottage cheese)
Lots of low-fat natural yoghurt
Almonds and sunflower seeds
Natural PB
Set Honey
Linseed

And lurking shamefully at the bottom of the list, Heinz Baked Beans (:

I do my best to get 5 fruit and veg a day, but sometimes its a bit tricky. Looking to buy some Nitrean just before my weights come, also need to get some more healthy fats in my there. Also stumbled across some pre-cooked unflavoured chicken in Iceland today, 1 for 200g of high quality meat. Bar the fact that it's precooked, i can't see anything wrong with it. And is there a limit to the amount of tuna you should eat in a day?

Woud love to hear bout other people's shopping baskets too ;)

-Steele

KingWilder
08-05-2006, 11:13 AM
here's a link to the thread with tuna info:

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=77476&highlight=mercury

your list looks good...I usually stock up on canned beans and have them as snacks with a little tomato sauce and herbs/spices.

drew
08-05-2006, 11:16 AM
How about some fresh fruit and vegetables? I don't see those on the list.

Steele
08-05-2006, 11:18 AM
Cheers mate

-Steele

here's a link to the thread with tuna info:

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=77476&highlight=mercury

your list looks good...I usually stock up on canned beans and have them as snacks with a little tomato sauce and herbs/spices.

Steele
08-05-2006, 11:19 AM
Fruit and veg is sold at iniquitous prices in British supermarkets, which really does get my goat. I rely on me mam to buy for me on the fruit veg side of things =)

-Steele

Built
08-05-2006, 11:53 AM
Ditch the linseed. Get fish oil instead - no comparison between how much more bioavailable the omega 3 is from fish oil.

Steele
08-05-2006, 07:50 PM
Will do =) Also, i *must* start drinking more water. Is the reccomended amount 2L a day?

-Steele

Ditch the linseed. Get fish oil instead - no comparison between how much more bioavailable the omega 3 is from fish oil.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
08-05-2006, 08:18 PM
You should be drinking almost 4 liters of fluids a day.

drew
08-05-2006, 10:31 PM
4L of water a day is a good start.