PDA

View Full Version : Too much water?

Sionnan
08-06-2006, 11:19 AM
Hi,

I try to drink at least 1/2 gallon a day and I'm finding it really difficult to actually eat anything while drinking that much - I'm full all of the time! But I try to eat a little something every few hours anyway (I also know that my calories are way low, trying to work on that too, a little at a time - I don't want my maintenance calories to be 1000!)

I never did eat much, just the wrong things, and not often at all - that's why I'm now changing my lifestyle!

The bigger problem is that I've read sleep is extremely important for building/rebuilding muscles, but I'm up 3-4 times through the night to pee, even if I cut off my liquid intake early in the evening! I rarely get more than 2.5 hours consecutive sleep, adding up to only 6ish total broken sleep. Will this eventually get better, or am I destined to choose between water and sleep??

Shannon

Nik00117
08-06-2006, 11:34 AM
1/2 a gallon a day isn't all that much. I've done a 1/2 a gallon in a long session at the gym. Idealy 8 liters a day so that translates into in fact 2 gallons I believe.

atreyuballa87
08-06-2006, 11:54 AM
i know how you feel about always being full. i have stomach issues so i take metamucil every day at the same time. due to the nature of my stomach disorder, i take each tsp of metamucil in its own 14oz of water, times that by 3 and its like 40oz of water i take within 2 minutes. now THAT is alot of water lol. but waking up 3-4 times a night to urinate to my knowledge isnt normal. i would definetely talk to you doctor about that, as it could be an enlarged prostate. i think flowmax is supposed to help that though. but def talk to your dr because i dont think its normal.

Sionnan
08-06-2006, 12:25 PM
wow,
and I thought I was doing well getting 1/2 gallon down! It's actually a lot considering my previous water intake a day was in the form of 2 pots of coffee - which doesn't count, I know! So I've cut down to 2-3 cups of coffee and have water the rest of the day.....need to increase the water a bit more, I guess!

Do women even have prostate issues? I know I have other issues going on right now, low TSH and estrogen (those issues really stink!) but I don't think they would cause water to go right through me.

Shannon

ShockBoxer
08-06-2006, 12:37 PM
No, women do not have prostate issues (you kind of need a prostate for that). :)

Sionnan
08-06-2006, 12:40 PM
thought so :)

atreyuballa87
08-06-2006, 03:49 PM
oops...man i feel stupid...its nothing personal...sometimes i tend not to read too much into things when im replying to a post lol...in that case though i wouldnt worry too much about prostate problems :)