PDA

View Full Version : No nutritional facts on beef

MagnaSephiroth
08-06-2006, 12:39 PM
Whenever I want some nice steak or whatever, there are no nutritional facts on the package. I know fitday has facts, but I have no idea how accurate it is. Also, there is no way fresh cut and packaged red meat will have trans fat...is there?

KingWilder
08-06-2006, 12:40 PM
nope...no trans fat on red meat

Try using Google to search the kind of meat you're looking for, it might take a few clicks on diff. links, but you'll find what you're lookng for

MagnaSephiroth
08-06-2006, 12:44 PM
nope...no trans fat on red meat

Try using Google to search the kind of meat you're looking for, it might take a few clicks on diff. links, but you'll find what you're lookng for

And will it be pretty accurate? Cause there are hundreds of different types of meat to be measured.

ShockBoxer
08-06-2006, 12:55 PM
Grocery stores around here will often have that info on the meat.

Is it lean, extra lean, or regular? I've got all custom entered in fitday I believe.

MagnaSephiroth
08-06-2006, 02:25 PM
Well, I just really want a steak, havnt had one in a while, but I also want it to have fat included, cause as of now, I have few hybrid fat/protein in one package. So I end up eating my protein, then adding olive oil or peanuts, would be more convienent if I could just get my fat and protein in one hearty steak :)

freestyler
08-06-2006, 02:41 PM
Same here, I bought some steak twice now, Rump steak and now lean steak, and both had no nutritional facts on them.

KingWilder
08-06-2006, 04:03 PM
Just look up the type of steak that you buy

I personally, usually always get Beef Top Sirloin Fillet (the info was on the package though) so I made custom info on fitday for it and always just type in the oz

DarrenEff
08-06-2006, 07:17 PM
I know this isnt exact, but I've used it from time to time
http://www.wegmans.com/pdf/nutrition/beef.pdf

malkore
08-07-2006, 09:58 AM
as long as you're sticking to fairly lean cuts of beef, the differences aren't enough to matter IMO.