PDA

View Full Version : Need some help here, fitday, meals, pic...

jrs0628
08-06-2006, 08:04 PM
I've just started working out with a personal trainer three times a week and I want to make sure I am eating correctly. I'm 5'8", 21 years old, and currently at 140lbs. Take a look at the picture below to get an idea of what I look like from 2 weeks ago. Ignore the weird pose Lol... From what I read and understand, I need to bulk up... and that means eat eat eat... well here is my fit day for 8/6/06...

http://www.fitday.com/webfit/publicjournals.html?Owner=jrs0628&Year=2006&Month=7&Day=6

How is that looking? I think I need to eat more, but what else lol? I think my maint. calories is 2409 from fit day with no activities or close to that... It's gonna be hard to add anything else in there lol.... anyone?

silverstar
08-06-2006, 08:36 PM
I would sagest you reading all you can on here and see what others are doing and go from there. Eating just anything isnt going to help. drinking a good protein mix will help get you on the right track for starters to.http://atlargenutrition.com/nutrition.php Use the seach to find out about things that interest you.

malkore
08-07-2006, 10:00 AM
You need more calories, and more healthy fats. saturated fat seems high, and its mostly due to not enough good fats to balance it out.

have some cottage cheese at bedtime too for a few more calories.

jrs0628
08-07-2006, 10:23 AM
Hey guys thanks for the tips....

I swear if I eat anymore I'm gonna pop lol... but I can try... I'm not to sure about cottage cheese... it's not the taste, but the texture, look, and smell make me think I'm eating lumpy bird **** haha... I'll see what I can do.

Any suggestions on what healthy fats I should be eating? I'm not real sure what else to add Lol... Thanks in advance

Unreal
08-07-2006, 10:53 AM
More peanut butter, olive oil, fish oil, egg yolks, whole milk.

malkore
08-07-2006, 01:42 PM
i hate cottage cheese texture too. i mix non-fat, no sugar added yogurt into mine, and toss in some fiber one or granola for crunch-factor.

jrs0628
08-11-2006, 04:58 PM
your right it does taste a little better with stuff mixed in, and it dosen't look as weird. Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I'm starting to learn that eating more and more just sucks lol... and to think I thought this was gonna be the fun part... :cool: