PDA

View Full Version : Non Weightlifting Cut

Turnip
08-06-2006, 10:38 PM
What do I change to a cutting diet for people that dont weight lift, people always ask me but I really only know about what to do for people who weight lift. Would the macros stay the same and everything?

ShockBoxer
08-07-2006, 05:56 AM
Might as well, in my opinion, but don't sweat the protein too much. My dad dropped 20 pounds and is as strong as ever and he probably doesn't get much more than 40 grams a day.

Reducing total calories and increasing exercise is always the key.

malkore
08-07-2006, 09:56 AM
yep. they need to reduce by 10-20% of their current maintenance calorie intake, and if they aren't already doing some exercise, they need to start.

and of course lifting heavy weights makes it easier to cut :)

Turnip
08-07-2006, 02:48 PM
Alright, I think I will read a bit more but thanks for help.

Built
08-07-2006, 02:50 PM
40g protein a day?

He'll lose weight alright - muscle.

Keep the protein up. Read the Get Built article I just put up - there are some dieting tricks in there that might help.

Steele
08-07-2006, 03:19 PM
That was you?! Really liked it, sent you an e-mail too (:

-Steele

Turnip
08-07-2006, 07:45 PM
Hey thanks, those tips should help. One question though, should your breakfast be the same as every other meal?

ShockBoxer
08-07-2006, 08:31 PM
40g protein a day?

He'll lose weight alright - muscle.

Not sure about that. My dad has always been stronger than me (even now) and certainly doesn't drink protein shakes OR eat three high quality protein sources a day. He eats chicken every dinner and really that's about it for high protein sources. Coffee and cereal for breakfast, a deli sandwich for lunch.

His weight bounces around just like anyone who only diets when they get fat and only sticks to a fad diet for a month at a time but that doesn't change his ability to throw crap up on a truck that never ceases to surprise me.

It's always made me wonder just how useful protein really is in retaining muscle. Not that I'm about to give up my 150+ grams a day. :)

Speculations aside the simple fact is Built is ripped and I am not. Going with what obviously works is a Good Idea.