PDA

View Full Version : Carbs w/ protein, Protein w/ fat..

teaturtle
08-07-2006, 12:11 PM
Why is it that you should eat carbs w/ protein but never carbs w/ fat?

Could someone give me an example of a food(s) with carb + protein and protein + fat??

SpecialK
08-07-2006, 12:19 PM
I have been following something like that for my current cut and it does make it more difficult to plan meals. As an example:

P+C: 2 scoops whey, 1/3 cup oats, 1 cup milk
P+C: 8 oz extra lean beef, baked potato
P+F: 8 oz extra lean beef, 1 tbsp olive oil, 3 cups green beans (the green beans are low calories and have a negligible effect on blood sugar levels)

Honestly I wonder how many people on here actually follow that, considering the number of people that advocate consuming shakes containing milk, PB, whey, oats, olive oil, etc., which contains P, F, and C. If you are to strictly follow the rule you described, then you wouldn't be allowed to consume those big shakes.

Con
08-07-2006, 12:37 PM
I just asked the same question in another thread, not an hour ago, I got an article and my answer. Look in bodybuilding forum and use search function.

markdk86
08-07-2006, 01:38 PM
Using the UD 2.0 diet and it works. I combine carbs fat and protein together. Honestly, if you are careful, I rally don't find that it matters.

malkore
08-07-2006, 01:41 PM
and those that do advocate P+F, P+C are taking into account that not all carbs are the same. sugar carbs vs. starch carbs vs. fiber carbs

Built
08-07-2006, 01:54 PM
I DO generally eat this way, but mostly out of comfort. Berardi advocates it, and I liked it as soon as I tried it, but you don't have to if you don't want to.

KingWilder
08-07-2006, 02:08 PM
yeah, I def. don't do this

any significant reason to do this other than comfort?

Built
08-07-2006, 02:19 PM
There *may* be partitioning benefits from it, and it certainly does control insulin fluctuations, which *may* have systemic inflammation-reducing implications.

I was on type II diabetes meds five years ago, and fat. This keeps me comfortable and medication free.

teaturtle
08-07-2006, 02:32 PM
and those that do advocate P+F, P+C are taking into account that not all carbs are the same. sugar carbs vs. starch carbs vs. fiber carbs

Yeah. Could someone give me examples of each type of those carbs?? Or maybe a site or something that has a list?

Unreal
08-07-2006, 03:03 PM
Read the carb article posted this month on the main page.

Davidelmo
08-08-2006, 06:55 AM
I dont bother to be honest