PDA

View Full Version : Simple, but tastey, frozen peanut butter cups

MagnaSephiroth
08-07-2006, 11:36 PM
A healthy and sweet dessert, you have to look nowhere but towards peanut butter. While walking down the store isles in this special section, I found calorie free chocolate (its actually very very very small trace calories) with no fat/sugar/carbs blah blah, so I bought some. Not the best tasting, but for 0 kcals, it tastes just fine. So I just rolled up peanut butter in little balls (kinda hard to do but meh, then you get to lick your fingers :) ) and then pour some on top, and put in the freezer.

This stuff WILL melt at room temperature, so it has to be eaten cold (unless you want chocolate syrup like stuff)

Don't freeze it to a block of ice though, make sure when you pull it out to defrost it a bit so you can eat it. The chocolate is mostly water so it will freeze and if too frozen, will taste like chocolate ice instead of cold solid chocolate.

ehscrewdude
08-08-2006, 09:34 AM
nice... now to go find some calorie free "chocolate"

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
08-08-2006, 12:30 PM
*munches on Reese's Peanut Butter Cups*

I'm sorry, what?

MagnaSephiroth
08-08-2006, 08:34 PM
nice... now to go find some calorie free "chocolate"

I'm seroius, they have it. Next time I run upstairs and stuff, I will give you the brand name and whatever elseyou want to know about it.

Coqui
08-11-2006, 08:14 AM
This stuff WILL melt at room temperature, so it has to be eaten cold (unless you want chocolate syrup like stuff)

Congratulations, you have just discovered Buckeyes. A treat that we Ohioans have been enjoying for years.

(parrafin wax allows the chocolate not to melt instantly ;) )

ehscrewdude
08-11-2006, 12:42 PM
whats the brand of the chocolate and whered u get it? I tried to get some but couldn't find it when I went to publix...

Unreal
08-11-2006, 01:53 PM
I went to the store down the street. They had 3-4 different brands of calorie free chocolate dip and syrup. They also had other flavors. I didn't get any, but did see it. It was in the health food isle.

google calorie free chocolate syrup
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=calorie+free+chocolate+syrup

Pops up with plenty of brands.

pbaddict
08-11-2006, 02:42 PM
whats the brand of the chocolate and whered u get it? I tried to get some but couldn't find it when I went to publix...

This is what I use on occassion...

http://www.waldenfarms.com/chocolatesyrup.htm

MagnaSephiroth
08-11-2006, 08:01 PM
Yup, it was waldenfarms. It does not microwave very good though, not very good at all :(