PDA

View Full Version : My weight just won't go down...

CODmasterJYK
08-08-2006, 09:21 AM
Hi, I'm 16 years old. I am a soon to be senior in High school (because I skipped a grade). This whole summer I've been trying to cut. At first, I used an unhealthy means. I ran 5 miles a day, lifted almost everyday, and barely ate. (see I'm trying to cut for wrestling... I'm starting early). Through those unhealthy means, I lost 10 pounds. So now I am 140 pounds.

Now that I found this site and fed my brain on a lot of info, I started using healthier means. According to a caloric intake calculator I found on google, I need about 1700 calories to lose weight. I consumed .5 x LBM grams of fat and 1 x LBM grams of Protein. My remaining calories are carbohydrates. Also, I am taking multivitamins. I have 1 cheat day per week. I also lift four days a week (with BGB) and have a 15 minute HIIT session on each of my rest days.

For some reason the weight just won't go down. I'm still at 140 I mean, am I eating too little? I understand that your body starts becoming more "fuel" efficient when you eat too little. What am I doing wrong?

ehscrewdude
08-08-2006, 09:33 AM
you're prolly gaining muscle now that you're on a good diet... If I were you I'd try to add weight to the next weight class if you need to weight less than 140... and unless you're really small, assuming you're almost 17, I would think you need to pack on some weight... increase ur calories and bulk up to the next weight if its an option...

if not, then you better hope you have some fat to burn because thats what you burn on a cut, if ur already lean its gonna be hard to lose weight like that...

CODmasterJYK
08-08-2006, 09:43 AM
I measured my bf% twice. I did this about a month ago. The first value said my bf% is 18%. the second value said my bf% is 15.6%. Wierd? Anyway, when I lost 10 pounds, I noticed my stomach started to get smaller. My stomach still kind of sticks out a little, but It won't go away for some reason.

Con
08-08-2006, 09:54 AM
The stomache is geneally the last place it goes, and are you sure you cals are correct? What are you using?

Also whats the cheat day like? Might wanna space then out a little, could be hindering your progress if your going overboard.

Unreal
08-08-2006, 10:06 AM
How severe is the cheat? And once a week maybe too much. I have a "carb up" day once a week where I do 300-350g of carbs, but a all out crazy cheat once a week won't get you that far.

CODmasterJYK
08-08-2006, 01:19 PM
For my cheat days, I eat a sh!tload of food. I go all out because I'm just naturally hungry. So should I do like built and have a cheat day every 2-3 weeks? Plus, is consuming 1700 calories a day enough to lose weight? Because I know some people who consume like 6000 calories (as maintenance, because he's a pretty active kid)... and others who eat like 2500. But I don't know anybody who eats as low as I do.

shootermcgavin7
08-08-2006, 01:30 PM
For my cheat days, I eat a sh!tload of food. I go all out because I'm just naturally hungry. So should I do like built and have a cheat day every 2-3 weeks? Plus, is consuming 1700 calories a day enough to lose weight? Because I know some people who consume like 6000 calories (as maintenance, because he's a pretty active kid)... and others who eat like 2500. But I don't know anybody who eats as low as I do.

What weight class are you trying to get to?

CODmasterJYK
08-08-2006, 01:32 PM
well, I'm trying to cut to 132.

cts122
08-08-2006, 02:42 PM
112-145 are the most competetive weight classes because most people at that weight and age have low bodyfat, you are much better off putting on a good twenty pounds of muscle and hitting up 160 or 171.

If you are a good wrestler, you are a good wrestler, but the facts are that the higher you go with decent bodyfat you are going to be wrestling more fatties.

shootermcgavin7
08-08-2006, 05:00 PM
well, I'm trying to cut to 132.

Are you going to have the energy 28 lbs lighter to wrestle competitively? I fell into that trap for about 2 months before I realized lighter is not always better.

Especially the taller you get.

CODmasterJYK
08-08-2006, 06:13 PM
well, my stomach is sticking out. so that's got to mean that I have more than a healthy amount of fat. Plus according to one calculation I have 18% bodyfat. (another says I have 15.6%). But bottom line, I still need to cut.

shootermcgavin7
08-08-2006, 06:33 PM
well, my stomach is sticking out. so that's got to mean that I have more than a healthy amount of fat.

I think you'd probably wrestle better at 140 or 145 (not sure what weight classes are there), but I haven't seen your height, history, etc, so who knows.

MagnaSephiroth
08-08-2006, 08:38 PM
well, my stomach is sticking out. so that's got to mean that I have more than a healthy amount of fat. Plus according to one calculation I have 18% bodyfat. (another says I have 15.6%). But bottom line, I still need to cut.

I just found out that the faster your heartrate, the lower its gonna be. If you measure before a workout and then right after, it should be significantly different.

CODmasterJYK
08-09-2006, 09:50 AM
Should I post pics up or something, cuz it's obvious that I need to go on a cut. I mean, when I have my shirt on, people are like "what are you crazy? you need to bulk man, not cut." But when they see me with my shirt off, they agree I need to cut. I'm not saying that I'm really really fat. I'm just the kind of person that once you look at them carefully, you know they need to cut a little. I'm small (5 foot 4 inches), so people assume I need to bulk... lol..

But not when they look at me shirtless (carefully)... lol..

So any suggestions.

ShockBoxer
08-09-2006, 10:27 AM
Are you really 18% at 140? That would be the first thing you really should check. I'm also 5'4 and I'm 18% at 160.

CODmasterJYK
08-09-2006, 10:31 AM
Well, I measured myself twice on the same day but got 2 different measurements. My first said it was 15.6%, my 2nd said it was 18%.

CODmasterJYK
08-09-2006, 10:31 AM
Well, I measured myself twice on the same day but got 2 different measurements. My first said it was 15.6%, my 2nd said it was 18%.

ShockBoxer
08-09-2006, 10:46 AM
Ultimately, doing it yourself gives you a very rough guess. You might be able to contort yourself enough to do a three point test, maybe, but I wouldn't trust the results.

Get a health teacher or coach to give you a seven point caliper test if they're legally allowed to in your state. Otherwise get one done by your family doctor or a trainer at a gym.