PDA

View Full Version : Wonderful milk

MagnaSephiroth
08-08-2006, 10:53 PM
Milk contains a lot of sugar, so how ok is milk. I am wondering to if its ok to have a glass of milk before bed...

KingWilder
08-08-2006, 11:46 PM
Milk is actually relatively low on the Glycemic Index

it's def. okay to have before bed

KingWilder
08-08-2006, 11:51 PM
Milk is actually relatively low on the Glycemic Index

it's def. okay to have before bed

Bigwhitemale
08-09-2006, 03:07 AM
Milk is one of my best kept secrets for strength and size. I drink milk everyday, in fact I'm drinking milk right now. Imo, if you want incredible muscle gains, drink at least 64 oz of milk everyday, whole milk or 2%.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
08-09-2006, 03:16 AM
^^

You can get big and strong without ever drinking milk. It's hardly necessary. It isn't some magical secret either. Food is the secret.

Bigwhitemale
08-09-2006, 03:31 AM
^^

You can get big and strong without ever drinking milk. It's hardly necessary. It isn't some magical secret either. Food is the secret.
Whatever dude, all I gotta say is that for many years many of my workout partners wondered how come I was getting so strong, deep inside I knew one of my secrets was because I drank milk everynight at work, but if you don't wanna believe me that's ok. My other work out partners ate everything else, but they didn't drink milk at all...lol, that's fine if you don't believe me, my suggestion, try it...;)

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
08-09-2006, 03:48 AM
You're kidding, right? That is the worst anecdotal evidence I've heard in my entire life. Don't be a scientist.

Turnip
08-09-2006, 03:58 AM
I swear at old people every day and I got bigger than all my friends, could it be I found THE secret to body building?

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
08-09-2006, 03:59 AM
^^

Man, I gotta start swearing at more old people!

_8_Ball
08-09-2006, 07:28 AM
To stay on topic....

Milk is fine, I would recommend skim milk, less cals, but still contains lot's of protein.

Margin Of Error
08-09-2006, 09:50 AM
A drink a gallon or more of whole milk every day, its wonderful.

MagnaSephiroth
08-09-2006, 05:30 PM
Good, I have the fat free non rmsd milk. yummy.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
08-09-2006, 05:47 PM
What's with you and fat free things?

Davidelmo
08-09-2006, 05:48 PM
Yeah.. cmon manga, I remember explaining this to you before because you were eating 10g of fats a day.

Margin Of Error
08-09-2006, 07:53 PM
What's with you and fat free things?

Especially if you're 161 lbs, you're trying to gain weight right?

MagnaSephiroth
08-09-2006, 08:25 PM
I am getting .5grams of fat per lbm... I just would rather get my fat from peanut butter then milk. Not to mention, I usually don't drink milk after noon, and my carb cycle has fats coming at the end of the day, with protein and carbs surrounding my workouts. If I was to drink milk at the end of the day, I would probibly get 1% or something.

Edit: Since I have no accurate depiction of my bodyfat percentage, I am assuming its between 15%-20% So I am now eating 60-65g of fat a day.

fixationdarknes
08-09-2006, 09:36 PM
Fat free = you're a pussy. :p

betastas
08-09-2006, 09:50 PM
Milk also has a lot of hormones and questionable residual medications. If you can get your milk from a organic producer, go for it. It's usually listed at the same price, or slightly higher.

DarrenEff
08-10-2006, 06:10 AM
Fat free = you're a pussy. :p

ahahaha.
I'd like to nominate this for post of the year, I was drinking water when I read it and now it's all over the place

Iron Bull
08-10-2006, 06:25 AM
Milk contains a lot of sugar, so how ok is milk. I am wondering to if its ok to have a glass of milk before bed... I love milk, and cant go all the way. Like most bodybuilders do with skim milk. I drink the 2%, and it gives me the pleasure of both worlds. I couldn't never give up milk all together, guess I'll take the harder road.outnumber

KingWilder
08-10-2006, 07:10 AM
I love milk, and cant go all the way. Like most bodybuilders do with skim milk. I drink the 2%, and it gives me the pleasure of both worlds. I couldn't never give up milk all together, guess I'll take the harder road.outnumber

double negative

grammar :ninja:

Steele
08-10-2006, 07:18 AM
You get more protein in skimmed milk than whole fat, because the bottle has to be topped up with more milky goodness where they have taken the fat out.

-Steele

Guido
08-10-2006, 08:13 AM
I love milk, and cant go all the way. Like most bodybuilders do with skim milk. I drink the 2%, and it gives me the pleasure of both worlds. I couldn't never give up milk all together, guess I'll take the harder road.outnumber1% is even better. BTW, I probably do drink about 1/2 gallon of milk per day. I drink it because it has lots of protein, calcium, and it's pretty calorie dense. It certainly hasn't hurt my strength gains, though I won't go and say they are solely attributed to my milk consumption.

Davidelmo
08-10-2006, 07:32 PM
I am getting .5grams of fat per lbm... I just would rather get my fat from peanut butter then milk. Not to mention, I usually don't drink milk after noon, and my carb cycle has fats coming at the end of the day, with protein and carbs surrounding my workouts. If I was to drink milk at the end of the day, I would probibly get 1% or something.

Edit: Since I have no accurate depiction of my bodyfat percentage, I am assuming its between 15%-20% So I am now eating 60-65g of fat a day.

Great! It WAS you who only used to eat 10g a day though, right? I hope my memory isn't failing me!

Bigwhitemale
08-11-2006, 03:11 AM
I've noticed something about this forum, it seems like it doesn't matter what anybody says, there's ALWAYS some smart ass, good for nothing, skinny wannabebig moron saying ''no, you are wrong ,and I'm right'' and yet, they refuse to listen to bigger, stronger guys. I wasn't like that when I was younger, when someone bigger and stronger than me had something to say as advise, I would listen. No wonder more than 90% of all the guys I ever see in any gym are skinny guys with no muscle, weak men. But these are the very same ones who come here, and anonymosly rufute everyone here, it's like they are trying to become the alpha male the cyber way, but not in real life. Pathetic. How many of you can bench 455 raw, without ever touching steroids? what about a 455 squat and deadlift? Well, I can! and I'm not saying this to brag, but to say that maybe I know a thing or two about going from being 105 lbs to being 181lbs at 5'7'', ripped, powerful muscular machine, in minimal time, without the aid of steroids or any illegal substance. How many got 17 3/4 '' arms cold? and 18.5'' pumped? Not many right? and please don't accuse me of being genetically gifted, when in reality, it has more to do with how I trained, and what I learned over the years. I'll give advise to any of you guys, but please be more respectful. Thank you in advance.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
08-11-2006, 03:12 AM
^^

You done? It's ok man. Really. *pat pat* :thumbup:

Bigwhitemale
08-11-2006, 03:42 AM
^^

No, you don't understand, it gets extremely annoying, it's almost like a fight, everybody is like ''you are wrong and I'm right''...It's bullsh*t man, everybody wants to play alpha male, everyone tries to be a f*cking dickhead, it's ridiculous, it seems like they don't come here to learn, they come here to argue, it sucks! it makes me wonder like ''how come when I was younger and smaller, I was able to be humble and listen to people's advise, but these young punks can't do the same?''. Outrageous!

JustLost
08-11-2006, 06:20 AM
Not many right? and please don't accuse me of being genetically gifted,

I wouldn't think of it.

MantiXX
08-11-2006, 07:12 AM
Rant deleted..

wls
08-15-2006, 07:02 PM
No, you don't understand, it gets extremely annoying, it's almost like a fight, everybody is like ''you are wrong and I'm right''...It's bullsh*t man, everybody wants to play alpha male, everyone tries to be a f*cking dickhead, it's ridiculous, it seems like they don't come here to learn, they come here to argue, it sucks! it makes me wonder like ''how come when I was younger and smaller, I was able to be humble and listen to people's advise, but these young punks can't do the same?''. Outrageous!

You got banned because of this thread?

That doesn't seem quite right; I didn't think you violated any rules on here by just venting your personal opinion.

KingWilder
08-15-2006, 07:20 PM
You got banned because of this thread?

That doesn't seem quite right; I didn't think you violated any rules on here by just venting your personal opinion.

can we say ALIAS...or friend?

don't question the mods, they do their job well.

Slim Schaedle
08-15-2006, 07:33 PM
I've noticed something about this forum, it seems like it doesn't matter what anybody says, there's ALWAYS some smart ass, good for nothing, skinny wannabebig moron saying ''no, you are wrong ,and I'm right'' and yet, they refuse to listen to bigger, stronger guys. I wasn't like that when I was younger, when someone bigger and stronger than me had something to say as advise, I would listen. No wonder more than 90% of all the guys I ever see in any gym are skinny guys with no muscle, weak men. But these are the very same ones who come here, and anonymosly rufute everyone here, it's like they are trying to become the alpha male the cyber way, but not in real life. Pathetic. How many of you can bench 455 raw, without ever touching steroids? what about a 455 squat and deadlift? Well, I can! and I'm not saying this to brag, but to say that maybe I know a thing or two about going from being 105 lbs to being 181lbs at 5'7'', ripped, powerful muscular machine, in minimal time, without the aid of steroids or any illegal substance. How many got 17 3/4 '' arms cold? and 18.5'' pumped? Not many right? and please don't accuse me of being genetically gifted, when in reality, it has more to do with how I trained, and what I learned over the years. I'll give advise to any of you guys, but please be more respectful. Thank you in advance.
Although this poster may be banned, I offer this for whoever reads (possibly even bigwhitemale, if he reads the forums again)

Being big/ripped/strong sometimes means absolute dick. That's kind of obvious.

Take a small guy who never worked out in his life and have him study everything there is to know about the body including nutirent metabolism/interaction, physiology, the whole works. If he knows his ****, he's the better person to listen to. I think most people here know this, and obviously experience and implementation play big parts in credibility.

Me personally... some ginormous dude could talk **** to my face in the gym (regarding nutrition, etc), and while I may be physically intimidated, I am not going to flinch one bit if I know he's wrong.
WBB is here to make all people like that.

To bigwhitemale, even though you are banned, chances are nobody here gives a damn what you say b/c most of us know better.

PS: Science rulz

PPS: Scarz is right, milk is another way to get calories. No magic involved and not necessary.

wls
08-16-2006, 12:16 AM
can we say ALIAS...or friend?
Neither actually. Been reading this site for quite some time, but as one can tell, I don't post much.

When I saw the user was banned, I looked up some of his posts in other threads and couldn't see any malevolence in any of those, so concluded this must've been the thread that he was banned in. I was just curious is all, aside from expressing his displeasure of not being agreed with, I didn't think he was overly abusive in terms of board rules.

don't question the mods, they do their job well.
I won't, I'm really quite unassertive by nature, which is when I think back on it, what made me want to get into weightlifting in the first place.

Paladyr
08-16-2006, 10:12 AM
^^

In all honestly, you are quite rude when you post scarz, anyone can see that. You seem to enjoy pointing out the ignorance of others. While bigwhite is obviously mistaken in thinking there is some magic fairy dust in milk that causes it to pack muscle on people, you could've taken the opportunity to point him to some threads or something to help him better understand why.

I also don't see anything in this thread that warrants bigwhite being banned, but maybe he made another post and it was deleted by the mod and then he was banned or something.

droman
08-16-2006, 12:21 PM
yeah ive been trying muscle milk protein with milk this summer drinking it after workouts and sometimes at night. Ive have pretty much kept my strength and weight while trying to gain speed.

bL33d
08-16-2006, 02:32 PM
The ban does seem like overkill when sCaRz*Of*PaiN is just pouring gas on the fire.