PDA

View Full Version : my intake for the day...is this good or bad?

Sontizzle
08-08-2006, 10:58 PM
Meal 1: 3 eggs & a cyto gainer shake. 1110cals, 72g protien

meal 2: PB sandwich: 720 cals (4tbl spoons), 28g protien (i guess u can count the protien in PB right?)

meal 3: PB sandwich(4 tbl spoons) and 2 little bags of chips. 1000 cals, 32g protien.

Meal 4: lean ground beef and bean Burritos (homemade). 1750 cals, 25g protien

thats a total of 4580 cals and 157g of protien. im currently just trying to put on the weight but is this a bit much and what should i change? i also didnt track the cheese i put on my eggs and burritos and didnt track what i drank during the day so figure 100-150 more cals for that.

malkore
08-09-2006, 11:59 AM
uhh, where's meals 5 and 6 (and possibly 7)? you are aware that its best to eat about 6 times a day, not just 4 high calorie meals.

count the cheese (you'd be surprised how calorie/fat dense cheese can be)
count what you drink if it contains calories

Eszekial
08-09-2006, 01:14 PM
1) 5 lbs in week one was water weight... Don't kid yourself.
2) Are you tracking your carb intake? Carb regulation can mean the difference between a clean and dirty bulk.
3) Can you spread out your meals more? The amino acid pool and your gastric emptying rate will help and thank you. 76 grams of protein may be a bit mutch. This is highly debated but probely worth thinking about.
4) 4580 calories may be a bit much for your current weight... But the mirror is your best judge. Do you feel like you are gaining too much fat? No? Then keep pounding away the calories.

seK
08-09-2006, 01:52 PM
Also it helps to show where your workout fits into that day, in terms of pre and post workout meals.
Make sure its natty PB also :)
Also you really do want to count the cal's you drink there are alot of calorie dense drinks out there with plenty of not so great substances in them.

The two posts above also have very good suggestions.

Sontizzle
08-09-2006, 08:45 PM
from what ive been told on this board it doesnt HAVE TO be 6 meals aday. i wouldnt even call what im doing bulking, im just gaining weight and eating alot more cals. my workout is a bit bare since i have a pinch nerve in my back so im just benching, curls, some dumbell work outs, leg lifts and even with my pinched nerve im still doing some squats with low weights because it doesnt bother it. deadlifts are out of the question.

working 2nd shift im limited on time so i usually eat at noon, 4pm, 6pm, and 11pm and i go to bed around 3 or 4 am so im not eating right before i go to bed.

seK
08-09-2006, 10:24 PM
from what ive been told on this board it doesnt HAVE TO be 6 meals aday. i wouldnt even call what im doing bulking, im just gaining weight and eating alot more cals. my workout is a bit bare since i have a pinch nerve in my back so im just benching, curls, some dumbell work outs, leg lifts and even with my pinched nerve im still doing some squats with low weights because it doesnt bother it. deadlifts are out of the question.

working 2nd shift im limited on time so i usually eat at noon, 4pm, 6pm, and 11pm and i go to bed around 3 or 4 am so im not eating right before i go to bed.
If you are happy with the gains you are getting with this eating schedule then I would stick with it. I would also ask your doctor what exercises you should or shouldn't do with the pinched nerve, he/she will be able to give the best advice with a proper checkup.

Slim Schaedle
08-09-2006, 11:05 PM
you are aware that its best to eat about 6 times a day, not just 4 high calorie meals.
Why?

(this specific topic has come up alot recently)

Slim Schaedle
08-09-2006, 11:05 PM
76 grams of protein may be a bit mutch.
For one meal?

Sontizzle
08-10-2006, 08:49 PM
If you are happy with the gains you are getting with this eating schedule then I would stick with it. I would also ask your doctor what exercises you should or shouldn't do with the pinched nerve, he/she will be able to give the best advice with a proper checkup.
ive been having steady gains i suppose. started at 145 about 2 to 2 1/2 weeks ago and i weighted in a 152.8 the other day.

a doctor will suggest what i can and cant do but its best to find out on my own (which i have) what hurts and what doesnt. i can tell instantly if its going to cause pain.

Sontizzle
08-10-2006, 08:49 PM
Why?

(this specific topic has come up alot recently)
http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=83244
see here, i asked the same question.