PDA

View Full Version : Oats, part 2.

unstop
08-09-2006, 08:27 AM
A while ago I asked a question about oats. Specifically about the mention on this board of putting oats in a shake. I was told to first grind the oats up, then mix it with whey/water/whatever and then drink.

I just have one teeny, tiny other question. What exactly do I use to grind the oats?

I tried a blender yesterday, and that just seemed to create smaller pieces of oats. Is this what you guys mean by "grinding?"

If not, can someone please point me in the direction of what I should be using to do this? Like maybe a link to a product on amazon.com or something.

Thanks again.

Jeffreyk
08-09-2006, 11:38 AM
blender or coffee grinder.....switch to a diff. product if it's giving you a hard time....really shouldnt be this difficult.

seK
08-09-2006, 11:42 AM
Does a coffee grinder work very well. I was going to give it a try but didn't think it would work as well as a blender.

JustLost
08-09-2006, 01:48 PM
I tried a blender yesterday, and that just seemed to create smaller pieces of oats. Is this what you guys mean by "grinding?"

Yes.

unstop
08-09-2006, 03:55 PM
Yes.
Should the oats be put in the blender dry first? When I did this yesterday I added the oats and water together and blended. Should I put the oats first, then blend, add water and whey, blend again, and then drink?

DarrenEff
08-09-2006, 05:43 PM
Yes, blend the oats by themselves first. Then add the rest of your stuff