PDA

View Full Version : First Pics Ever... so be nice, damn it!

mikej
08-09-2006, 06:02 PM
OK... see my journal (in my sig) if you want my life story. I have NEVER, I repeat NEVER posed before, have had no training, and look silly in 75% of the pics I just took. :redface:

I'm trying to figure out what my "next steps" will be. If you have advice, PLEASE share.

Anyway... here they are.

mikej
08-09-2006, 06:03 PM
Part 2...

sharkall2003
08-09-2006, 06:03 PM
Looking lean and in a good athletic condition. Keep up the good work!

cphafner
08-09-2006, 08:14 PM
you have a solid frame to add some muslce. good luck with the bulk

mikej
08-10-2006, 07:41 AM
So... the general concensus seems to be that if I'm focusing on my trip to Australia as a goal, and that's in 16 weeks, that I should split my bulk/cut time 50/50. 8 weeks bulk, then 8 weeks cut.

Any suggestions as to how much I can gain in 8 weeks and maximize the amount of good weight? I'm pretty sure I can lose 1-1.5 pounds per week on the back end, I've just never bulked before to have an expectation for the bulk part.

Con
08-10-2006, 08:46 AM
Well if you are that crunched for time(assuming you are tryin to look good when going to australia) just take a slow bulk, dont think 8 weeks of bulk, then cut will change you overall, but i could be wrong, im sure someone will give a second opinion.

mikej
08-11-2006, 09:50 AM
Well if you are that crunched for time(assuming you are tryin to look good when going to australia) just take a slow bulk, dont think 8 weeks of bulk, then cut will change you overall, but i could be wrong, im sure someone will give a second opinion.

That's one thing that has me worried. Having never done a bulk before, and having been pretty fat a while back, it scares the living hell out of me. Then again, if I just keep tabs on it and it isn't working for me I can fix it later.

I guess just giving it a shot and seeing how my body reacts is the best I can hope for. I'll reasses in 8 weeks and if I think I need to switch gears and cut, I will. If I'm getting bigger but staying reasonably lean, I'll keep it up.

c3p
08-11-2006, 10:40 AM
Good Obliques. What is your ab routine?

pbfreak9999
08-11-2006, 11:03 AM
ya u have a great frame..keep it up and ull be huge in no time

mikej
08-11-2006, 11:27 AM
Good Obliques. What is your ab routine?

Thanks! Abs have never been my strong point... ever... and you're my first complement so that's good to hear!

I do abs 3 days a week. I do two excercises each time, mixing it up. For instance, this morning I did 3 sets of 20 twisting sit ups (10 each side) and then 3 sets of 15 leg lifts.

I'm also fond of crunches, the weighted ab machines, and hanging knee tucks (whatever those are really called). No matter what I do I can't seems to get rid of the 'ole spare tire... so I'm saying "screw it" and going on a bulk for awhile. Maybe when I cut it back down I'll finally get shredded.

mikej
08-11-2006, 11:27 AM
ya u have a great frame..keep it up and ull be huge in no time

Thanks for the encouragement! I'm excited to see what my first bulk will do for me. Stay tuned...

c3p
08-11-2006, 02:25 PM
I have been reading up alot on abs, and It's seems that doing cardio 3 times a week(30-40) helps burn off those extra cals that are keeping you from seeing your abs. I prefer doing laps in my pool. Hope that helps. :p

mikej
08-21-2006, 01:46 PM
I have been reading up alot on abs, and It's seems that doing cardio 3 times a week(30-40) helps burn off those extra cals that are keeping you from seeing your abs. I prefer doing laps in my pool. Hope that helps. :p

I'm a half-marathoner, so I'm pretty sure it isn't a lack of cardio that was slowing me down. I DO think that mixing my cardio up a bit (like laps in the pool) is a great idea, my body has adjusted to the long-distance running and some cross-training to mix it up would probably help.

I'm bulking right now anyway... I'll go for abs later. :)

sharkall2003
08-21-2006, 02:35 PM
Damn, that's a lot of cardio. My cardio consists of five hill runs up a one hundred yard hill once every Sunday.

mikej
08-23-2006, 12:32 PM
Just adding these to my "my pics and vids" thread. They're from a different thread on whether my wife dresses me in too tight of clothing or not... TwiloMike says "good to go" on 1 and 3, but that 2 is too small. I'm hoping to make them all too small in the near future. :evillaugh

1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgdDbkpagRg
2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzE3-xOC718
3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuFmScQcI0M

pipes
08-23-2006, 01:02 PM
I'd have to agree with TwiloMike on that one. Speaking of that, I've been on a bulk the last few months and I can hardly fit into anything anymore. I can't even get my arms into half of my shirts. I'm trying to hold off on buying too many new clothes because I know I'll be cutting pretty soon.