PDA

View Full Version : The meal before bed thread

MagnaSephiroth
08-09-2006, 08:22 PM
I have seen, and contributed, many threads about is this ok to eat, when can you eat, and how much to eat before bed. Instead of figuring out with a new thread, I will just try to get all these questions about it in one place.

For me, I usually eat something about 10 minuts before I actually lay down for bed. Lately it has been chicken breast. I have heard turkey is great for before bed, or basically anything with a slow digestion rate. So here are the basic questions I, and possibly some other of you reading this also have.

How long before bed should I eat?
Should I eat more fats or protein before bed?
How many calories is too much before bed?
Should I avoid carbs at all costs before bed?
What is the ultimate before bed meal?

Slim Schaedle
08-09-2006, 08:59 PM
How long before bed should I eat? Whenever
Should I eat more fats or protein before bed? Both, or your choice
How many calories is too much before bed? Pretty much impossible to figure out (unless you are cutting, then if it's over your target intake, then it's too much)
Should I avoid carbs at all costs before bed? No
What is the ultimate before bed meal? Whatever you want that fits acordingly into your diet.

TommyBoy
08-09-2006, 09:57 PM
How long before bed should I eat? Your call

Should I eat more fats or protein before bed? Both; if you're a powerlifter and you know you're benching the next day eat lot's of carbs and sodium YUM!!

How many calories is too much before bed? I think when you eat so many calories that your stomach begins to perform Beethoven's symphony as you sleep, that would be too many.

Should I avoid carbs at all costs before bed? No, but that's your call....it depends whether you're cutting, bulking, or like me--you don't give a damn!

What is the ultimate before bed meal? I've heard yogourt is good because of the bacteria cultures.....or anything with a slow digesting protein such as milk or casein....or, my favorite: Chili Cheese Fritos! No seriously, I like egg whites cuz they make your belly feel full.

Beast
08-09-2006, 10:30 PM
What is the ultimate before bed meal?
Cottage cheese and some peanuts!

MagnaSephiroth
08-10-2006, 01:16 AM
I want something that will take a loooong time to digest, not something that will just finish up real quickly, so by the time I wake up, it will of course be gone and my tummy will be begging for more :D

SwoleSam
08-10-2006, 01:32 AM
Cottage cheese and some peanuts!

I second that! Cottage cheese FTW

s0500947
08-10-2006, 05:37 AM
i drink whey/olive oil, eat an egg white with some cottage cheese. Sometimes i subsititute the olive oil for a few tablespoons of pb.

Iron Bull
08-10-2006, 06:29 AM
I think it's OK to eat something light, not heavy. Like yogurt, milk, or a protein smoothie.

Aslin
08-10-2006, 09:26 AM
is cereal a good idea?, i like to eat my flakes.

Slim Schaedle
08-10-2006, 09:27 AM
I think it's OK to eat something light, not heavy. Like yogurt, milk, or a protein smoothie.
Nothing wrong with heavy

Eszekial
08-10-2006, 09:32 AM
i ate tri-tip and spiced radishes right before bed last night.

Woke up this morning and was still full.