PDA

View Full Version : The wonder that is tuna.

Aslin
08-10-2006, 09:02 AM
I just wanna know if i'm okay eating tuna as my main source of protein,

I get approx 140g of my protein a day through tuna.

ps
Does excess protein sometimes give you guys stomach pains at night? i usually get them after i've had a hard workout day. :hump:

Eszekial
08-10-2006, 09:04 AM
Mercury poisoning is a real problem

Cut down on your tuna.

No, never, but I can eat just aboyt anything. Although Nitrean makes me the gassiest asian on the planet.

Steele
08-10-2006, 09:14 AM
Is there a real differerence between the tins that cost 27 pence and the ones that are £1.19? The nutritional values are exactly the same, and both are chunks.

-Steele

Aslin
08-10-2006, 09:22 AM
you mean the tesco value ones? they are just like mush m8y.

cheers for the reply dude, i will have to find another way to easily get protein. I dont wanna shell out for loads of supplements. anyone got any ideas?

Eszekial
08-10-2006, 09:30 AM
Meat.... Meat is delicious.

Steele
08-10-2006, 09:34 AM
How is that so, if they have the same drained weight and nutritional value?

-Steele

you mean the tesco value ones? they are just like mush m8y.

cheers for the reply dude, i will have to find another way to easily get protein. I dont wanna shell out for loads of supplements. anyone got any ideas?

Aslin
08-10-2006, 09:39 AM
sure they might have the same nutritional value etc... but they aren't as tasty to eat, at least in my oppinion. You guys tried crab meat? thats by far my favorite, but alas at almost £2 a can, it's above my budget.

dav619
08-10-2006, 10:02 AM
Have a look on the internet, a you can get a 5kg bucket of decent protein powder for around 25 quid. (90% protein)

Thats about 100 servings of 45g of protein for 25p each! More protein than tuna and alot cheaper.

I hope my maths is right:drooling:

Bruise Brubaker
08-10-2006, 10:53 AM
Tuna is normally a fatty fish, but most of the fat is removed during canning.

You should go for fattier fishes that keep their fat once canned, such as herring salmon and sardines. With the last two, you also get the benefits of eating the mineral dense bones. You do not get more protein for your bucks, but you get more calories and more nutrition in general.

Of course depending on where you live some of these could be more or less expensive...

I strongly believe that protein should be well balanced with fat.

Edit: I was looking at the info on canned salmon, 1 big can (1 pound) has over 7 grams of omega 3, close to 1g of calcium and a good deal of other minerals, 631 calories.

Steele
08-10-2006, 10:55 AM
Tuna's tuna.

-Steele

sure they might have the same nutritional value etc... but they aren't as tasty to eat, at least in my oppinion. You guys tried crab meat? thats by far my favorite, but alas at almost 2 a can, it's above my budget.

balloonhead
08-11-2006, 04:45 AM
where can you get that much 90% whey protein for 25?? The best price i can find is 33 for 5kg of 75% w.p.concentrate.