PDA

View Full Version : Ketosis

dav619
08-10-2006, 10:17 AM
Would I be right in thinking some of you are constantly using ketosis to when bulking and cutting in order to keep trim?

Eszekial
08-10-2006, 10:20 AM
I'm in ketosis about 4 days a week.

Cutting.

gains2385
08-10-2006, 10:56 AM
Hey Eszekial, how is the UD 2.0 working for you, if that is what you are doing? Is Ketosis really that healthy to be in for four days? I have no idea, that is why I am asking.

Eszekial
08-10-2006, 11:01 AM
I wouldn't say by any means it's ideal to be in ketosis.. At first you really notice it. Your brain is fuzzy, you can't think straight, blah blah blah.

Eventually your body seems to adapt. Ketosis occurs faster. Your body realizes what your doing and adjusts much quicker..

UD2 is a great diet. I'm using it for both cutting and bulking. It's ideal for both.

dav619
08-10-2006, 12:00 PM
Hi Esk,

Could you briefly tell me how you go about your diet? Do you just do protein and fat for 5 days then refeed your carbs on the other two?

Thanks,
Dave

gains2385
08-10-2006, 12:26 PM
Dav619,

It is WAY more complicated than that. There is a whole book written on how to go about doing this diet. Specific workouts, eating plans, habits, fluid intake (I think), and a whole lot more than I can think of. Do a search for Lyle's Book on here.

ddegroff
08-10-2006, 10:01 PM
First, is your diet in check?

If so then you can read on, if not get your diet in check.

Brief Edition:
Glyco depeleting workouts combined with low cal (half maintenance) for four days. HIT workout followed by a carb load, followed by a power workout.

The low cal days are mostly or all protein or fat.

Read the book, re-read the book.

I did it for 7weeks, really hate the ketosis days (just like zek explained). UD2 is a very effective way to cut (and hopefully bulk!).