PDA

View Full Version : Reasonable amount to gain in a week bulking!!!

j-dearden
08-10-2006, 11:18 AM
Hey sorry jus another question whats an ideal weight to gain each week on a slow clean bulk, about 0.5lb i want to do a slow clean bulk beacuse i want to gain some lean muscle without gaining to much excess fat any advice would be much appriciated cheers. :D

Jeffreyk
08-10-2006, 11:22 AM
1-2

Paladyr
08-10-2006, 11:48 AM
In the first week or two your weight will probably jump by more than .5 just because there is more food in you (and more waste) as well as water weight. After that initial jump (which isn't fat), .5lb is good.

The main thing you should worry about it progressing in your lifts because your weight varies so much from day to day. As long as you are progressing and you aren't putting on a measurable amount of fat, you're good.

BalancedMan
08-10-2006, 01:18 PM
I've put on about 5 lbs in the last two weeks, but I had been around 185~ish for the previous month. I don't mind putting on a little fat that I'll eventually cut, but I want to bulk clean myself. If I go up 1-2 lbs per week then I figure I'm doing alright.

The standard answer is 1 lb per week. If you eat 500 kcals over maintenance, then you'll gain about 1 lb per week, which should hopefully mostly be protein/muscle. Gaining more is likely to come with some fat build up, especially if you don' spread out your meals into 6 or 7 per day.