PDA

View Full Version : calories

DelveyBoy
01-31-2002, 12:12 PM
i think im getting enough calories. wot about calorie drinks.my mate said they can give up to 500cals per serving.wud these be a good idea

Tryska
01-31-2002, 12:14 PM
hmm..was this a response in your old thread posted by accident, or do you want to consider this a new thread?

actually..tell you what....let's consider this a new thread, and if you can post exactly what you eat and when in a typical day, that would help a lot.

DelveyBoy
01-31-2002, 12:25 PM
i eat toast,cereal and boiled eggs in mornin,normallyham and som vegetables at dinner,eat sum thin when i cum home from work(depends wots in fridge) eat tea and normally have bacon,eggs,sausages and mah potatoes about 1 hour before bed

Tryska
01-31-2002, 12:29 PM
hmmm.....could ya give me some amounts? ie: how many eggs, how big is the ham, how many vegetables, etc? I'm trying to gauge how many cals you actually take in.

also your current bodyweight would be handy too.

if you could put the diet in a format of say this as an example:

M1: 3 eggs, 2 pieces toast, 1/2pat butter
M2: 1 cup juice, handful of crackers....

etc, etc. that would help us figure things out much easier. thanks!

(btw - i am really glad i clarified what meals y'all brits eat, otherwise, i would have been totally lost with this post. *lol*)

DelveyBoy
01-31-2002, 12:40 PM
m1:3 eggs 3 toast 2 bowls cereal
m2:ham is about 100-200grams veg normally carrots peas etc
m3:depends wots in fridge(normally a microwave meal, chilli or curry)
m4:normally large meal containing meat,sumthin fried,veg
m5:4 slices bacon 3 sausages 3 eggs and mash potato#
normally have a can of pepsi wit them

Tryska
01-31-2002, 12:46 PM
you're the best! :D

that seems like a decent amount of food. are you actually gaining weight on that now, or are you just maintaining your current weight?

if you are maintaining, then adding in an extra 500 calories might help ya with the growth.

(and you definitely wanna have a dedicated leg day...might wanna check the wannabebig routine to see what a decent split looks like)

now...let's talk about the diet soda and the choice of foods, mister....tuttut.

you might want to considering cleaning it up abit, perhaps not relying on bacon, sausage and ham so heavily, as these products aren't really quality protein. well the ham, can be, but then there's a lot of sodium and preservatives in it, although it should be pretty lean depending on what kind of ham. and you do eat vegetables so that's a good thing. But you might want to try to get more "real" meat (ie chicken, turkey, steak) into your diet, and perhaps some fish too?

DelveyBoy
01-31-2002, 12:48 PM
so u wud recommend the cals drink

Tryska
01-31-2002, 12:51 PM
mmm...depends on it's macronutrient breakdown. I'm presuming that means you've been maintaining your current weight, so yeah, go ahead and add it in, and see if it helps ya put on some more...

DelveyBoy
01-31-2002, 01:29 PM
weight gaining formulas

Tryska
01-31-2002, 01:35 PM
well you can use them, and they do have about 600-ish calories a serving..but the reason they are so high, is because it's essentaill protein powder and sugar. not necessarily the best way to gain muscle, although they will make you gain "weight".

Slim Schaedle
01-31-2002, 01:38 PM
She just said add them in:)

BTW, we need to edu-ma-cate him on "weight gaining formulas"

can anyone say....maltodextrin and dextrose!..oh, and whey

:D

jarhead
01-31-2002, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Slim Schaedle
She just said add them in:)

BTW, we need to edu-ma-cate him on "weight gaining formulas"

can anyone say....maltodextrin and dextrose!..oh, and whey

:D I got educated fast. Was using N-Large2 until someone mentioned that all it contains is whey and malto. Bought myself some whey protein and malto/dextro is on the way.

Slim Schaedle
01-31-2002, 02:07 PM
right on jarhead :) BTW, did you sort out the confusion between iron and blood and I on that other post?

Hope it helped

jarhead
01-31-2002, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by Slim Schaedle
right on jarhead :) BTW, did you sort out the confusion between iron and blood and I on that other post?

Hope it helped After B&I's last post it got a bit confusing :confused: , but once I get all the stuff I am sure I'll figure it all out.

DelveyBoy
02-01-2002, 11:39 AM
i can get 1kg of weight gainin formula though for about $7 from my uncles shop