PDA

View Full Version : Knee problems

VikingWarlord
08-12-2006, 04:57 PM
I've got tendonitis in both my knees so I'm not doing anything real heavy yet. My legs are far stronger than my knees are, so I can't get a real good leg workout because the knees give too quickly. Does anyone know of any other exercises that would help build my knees back up?

Westsidemonster
08-15-2006, 03:30 AM
You may wanna try glucosamine, it's a great supplement for the joints. I would suggest avoid any heavy weight lifting with your legs for about a month, just ride a bike for a pump, and in the meantime supplement with glucosamine. After a month, your knees should be just fine.

LouPac
08-15-2006, 03:39 AM
I've got tendonitis in both my knees so I'm not doing anything real heavy yet. My legs are far stronger than my knees are, so I can't get a real good leg workout because the knees give too quickly. Does anyone know of any other exercises that would help build my knees back up?
What leg exercises were you doing?

VikingWarlord
08-15-2006, 04:15 PM
I'll try to get some glucosamine and check it out.

What leg exercises were you doing?

Just the standard stuff like squats and deadlifts. Calf raises and the like don't bother me, just stuff I have to bend my knees a lot for. It's not like excruciating pain, I'm lifting light to get my form back and get myself used to it, then I'm planning to load up.

LouPac
08-15-2006, 06:25 PM
Are you spreading your legs wide? If you do a powerlifter squat with a very wide stance, it usually takes the pressure off the knees. Try sumo deadlifts as well. (wide stance)

drew
08-15-2006, 06:28 PM
I'm beginning to feel like a broken record, but TKE's will save your knees!!! http://asp.elitefts.com/qa/default.asp?qid=33895&tid=115

VikingWarlord
08-15-2006, 07:10 PM
Are you spreading your legs wide? If you do a powerlifter squat with a very wide stance, it usually takes the pressure off the knees. Try sumo deadlifts as well. (wide stance)

I switch stances depending how I feel, sometimes from set to set. With a wide stance, I have a problem dropping all the way. I like to go past parallel but can't with my feet too far apart. I guess all that will come the more I work on form.

Drew, I'm going to give that a shot. Looks pretty good, thanks!

drew
08-15-2006, 08:22 PM
It saved my knees. Never felt better.

I just noticed your title. Love it. "Girl think sexy"

VikingWarlord
08-19-2006, 06:22 PM
Alright, I looked at the store for glucosamine and found 4 choices. I found Glucosamine with MSM, Glucosamine Chondroitin, Glucosamine Sulfate, and Glucosamine with Chondroitin AND MSM.

As there are massive price differences between the three, what the hell do I go for?

Clifford Gillmore
08-19-2006, 09:28 PM
I take RegenR8 (http://www.bodyscience.com.au/page/supplements/flypage/product_id/113)

I've had terrible knee's ankles, hips, elbows for as long as I can remember no being able to play sports in junior school. RengenR8 has helped so much.