PDA

View Full Version : ectomorph or an endomorph diet

Y0yo
08-13-2006, 02:31 AM
I understand that weight is gained and lost by the amount of calories you eat. I was wondering if whether the types of food either and ectomorph or an endomorph eat would be different?

I ask because I've been told now by 2 people that because I'm and endomorph I should avoid sweet potatoes EVEN when it falls within my calories and that I should subsitute it for broccoli. Does this make any sense? Am I missing something?

Pup
08-13-2006, 07:16 PM
I understand that weight is gained and lost by the amount of calories you eat. I was wondering if whether the types of food either and ectomorph or an endomorph eat would be different?

I ask because I've been told now by 2 people that because I'm and endomorph I should avoid sweet potatoes EVEN when it falls within my calories and that I should subsitute it for broccoli. Does this make any sense? Am I missing something?

Arbitrarily black listing a type of food is a cookie cutter approach and 99 times out of a hundred its faulty. If you are endomorph, you will tolerate carbs worse than an ecto, but nutrient timing will play a huge role. The body can tolerate glucose better in the morning (because you are fasted) and post workout. If you are not on a Very Low Carb Diet (i.e. less than 50g active CHO per day) eating a sweet potato isn't bad, you should just time it properly so you are getting the most out of the carbs.

Y0yo
08-14-2006, 01:01 AM
Arbitrarily black listing a type of food is a cookie cutter approach and 99 times out of a hundred its faulty. If you are endomorph, you will tolerate carbs worse than an ecto, but nutrient timing will play a huge role. The body can tolerate glucose better in the morning (because you are fasted) and post workout. If you are not on a Very Low Carb Diet (i.e. less than 50g active CHO per day) eating a sweet potato isn't bad, you should just time it properly so you are getting the most out of the carbs.

So would this mean I should eat my sweet potatoes or other carbs in the morning for my first meal, and in the evening after my workout meal?

dissipate
08-14-2006, 06:28 AM
experiment! lots of things work differently for everyone (and i don't believe at all in ecto/endo/meso classifications).

ShockBoxer
08-14-2006, 06:44 AM
So would this mean I should eat my sweet potatoes or other carbs in the morning for my first meal, and in the evening after my workout meal?

I've been targetting my carbs around my workouts for the past two weeks. I was skeptical but I have to admit I've noticed more of a change in body composition than I have in the past few months.

On off days I get all my carbs during breakfast and lunch instead.

malkore
08-14-2006, 02:46 PM
Built got me started on fruits and veggies for carbs all day except pre and post workout, and I gotta say, its shown me two things:

1. I don't appear to have insulin insensitivity
2. low starchy carb intake doesn't make you lethargic

its a different way of eating than I'm used to, but there's something satisfying about ending teh day with a peanutbutter 'lollipop' :)