PDA

View Full Version : At Large's Supps for a newbie

PhilsterT
08-13-2006, 11:33 AM
Hey, At Large Nutrition,

I want to start off by giving some information of me and then I'll get on to asking questions about which supplements I'm intrested in taking and what your suggestions are.

Okay: I have a lot of faith in At Large and, with what everyone says, I have really high hopes for your supps. I have never supplemented before--ever--and have been training for over a year. (My philosophy was to not start supplementing before I had a familiar hand in the door.) So, I have grown about 30 pounds of weight in the last year and currently am: 180 lbs at about 5'11" with about an 13.5% bodyfat at 17 years olf. I have no problem growing (I would say good genetics), without supps, but I'm still intrested in experimenting with some supplements.

From what I gatthered, Creatine is where I want to be going. I am not working right now, and am very hard-strapped for cash, so I'm a little worried about tossing out $60-70 for Creatine. My questions are as follows:

1 - If I buy two containers of Creatine can I expect any better results than not taking Creatine? What should I expect and how long should I normally supp Creatine for?

2 - If I take two containers full, then have to wait a few months to get money again, and start taking again, is this bad?

3 - Should I be taking the multivitam supp?

Sorry for the long post. I like this site a lot, and look forward to starting Creatine (if that's what you suggest over protein).

Thank you,

Phil

(Edit, I just noticed Creatine is a lot cheaper than I expected it to be--I assumed it would be the same as Protein.)

Jordanbcool
08-13-2006, 11:44 AM
Hey, At Large Nutrition,

I want to start off by giving some information of me and then I'll get on to asking questions about which supplements I'm intrested in taking and what your suggestions are.

Okay: I have a lot of faith in At Large and, with what everyone says, I have really high hopes for your supps. I have never supplemented before--ever--and have been training for over a year. (My philosophy was to not start supplementing before I had a familiar hand in the door.) So, I have grown about 30 pounds of weight in the last year and currently am: 180 lbs at about 5'11" with about an 13.5% bodyfat at 17 years olf. I have no problem growing (I would say good genetics), without supps, but I'm still intrested in experimenting with some supplements.

From what I gatthered, Creatine is where I want to be going. I am not working right now, and am very hard-strapped for cash, so I'm a little worried about tossing out $60-70 for Creatine. My questions are as follows:

1 - If I buy two containers of Creatine can I expect any better results than not taking Creatine? What should I expect and how long should I normally supp Creatine for?

2 - If I take two containers full, then have to wait a few months to get money again, and start taking again, is this bad?

3 - Should I be taking the multivitam supp?

Sorry for the long post. I like this site a lot, and look forward to starting Creatine (if that's what you suggest over protein).

Thank you,

Phil

(Edit, I just noticed Creatine is a lot cheaper than I expected it to be--I assumed it would be the same as Protein.)

1) Yes, you can expect much better results then not taking creatine
2) no
3) yes

Creatine is pretty cheap, so are multi's and fish oil. I'd recommend getting as many as you can afford. Hopefully food is not in short supply for you because if you cant supplement you'll have to make the difference up in whole foods. For instance: I usually have a protein shake a day, if I didnt supplement with that shake i'd have to make it up by eating more chicken, lean red meat, tuna etc. etc. Basic supplements will have a profound effect on your goals. However, whole food is much more important and you should make sure you have your diet in order first.

-jordan

Con
08-13-2006, 11:50 AM
I still cant find out what creatine does besides holds water, do you have a link jordan?

Eszekial
08-13-2006, 12:02 PM
http://www.creatinemonohydrate.net/

PhilsterT
08-13-2006, 04:10 PM
Thanks for the help.

How long does one bottle of Creatine last and how long should I take it for?

chris mason
08-13-2006, 04:13 PM
Creatine 500 is only $14.50 for 1 jug. That jug will last you 3 months at 5g per day.

I suggest you try Creatine 500 and ETS. I think you will find both to benefit your training.

Chris

PhilsterT
08-13-2006, 04:40 PM
I've thought a lot about ETS, but decided against it because I never really feel tired even when I get to the next workout. I was thinking something like Creatine and Nitrean, or Creatine and Vitamin. But, those latter won't last as long as Creatine. And, I am worried about the excessive vitamins daily values.

chris mason
08-14-2006, 03:46 PM
Nitrean and Creatine 500 will be a solid one-two punch.

Chris Heinen
08-21-2006, 01:33 PM
what is ETS?

getfit
08-21-2006, 02:01 PM
what is ETS?
http://atlargenutrition.com/nutrition_detail.php?products_id=5

PhilsterT
08-21-2006, 03:47 PM
It stands for "Extraterrestal Supplements."

It means they're hella good. (Something about quick recovery...blood...ET...I don't know.)