PDA

View Full Version : I finally found out why it's difficult for me to bulk...

SkinnySadMan
08-14-2006, 02:18 AM
Scenario:

- SkinnySadMan sits on the table.
- Looks at his prepared meal.
- Finishes the meal.
- Knows he should eat more.
- He thinks about eating more, and makes more food.
- ANXIETY FEELING IN STOMACH! FEAR KICKS IN! (The fear of not being able to finish the food and dishing out the stomach fullness pain)
- Takes a bite (or spoonful) out of new serving.
- Starts being more conscious, becomes more anxious... I.e. "OMG OMG I'm actually going to eat it MORE FOOD!"
- Starts chewing slowly... GAG feeling starts to appear.
- SKinnySadman ends up sitting at the table for an additional 20 minutes.
- He gives up... tells himself, "HMmm whatever... should be enough for maintenance, no need to worry about weight drop."
- Goes on youtube and watches big powerlifter guys lift big weights... He wonders... "Awww... I can't make myself turn into a balloon"

Anyone else the same ?

Stray
08-14-2006, 03:03 AM
"If you always do,what you've always done. You'll always get what you've always gotten.":D

ShockBoxer
08-14-2006, 04:58 AM
Eat every two hours. Go carb heavy to stimulate your appetite (varies from person to person) but keep the sugar down to avoid spiking insulin all day on the off chance that such a thing really makes a difference in the long run.

Quattro
08-17-2006, 04:30 PM
Eat calorie dense foods as much as possible. Go easy on the veggies and stick to pb, extra virgin olive oil, beef etc.

Eszekial
08-17-2006, 04:32 PM
it takes your body 20 minutes to realize it's starting to get full.

Prepare more food the first time and down it before you start feeling hungry.

Roddy
08-17-2006, 10:30 PM
DRINK A TON OF MILK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :alcoholic

Bob
08-17-2006, 10:42 PM
Make a bigger prepared meal.. and eat faster the first time..
Enlarge your stomach by drinking lots of water and/or milk..
What's your favorite food.. eat a lot of it..

Good luck..
There are a lot of days I wish I had your problem..
Eating 3200 real calories is too easy for me.. Those 6000 calorie days are my bain..

Mercuryblade
08-17-2006, 11:58 PM
Drink canola oil. Throw a cup into your protein shake. 1900 instant calories. It was gross but I put on 10 lbs of lbm last year.

ShockBoxer
08-18-2006, 02:14 AM
Another possibility is to give up trying to bulk. You're pretty strong already so why not find a sport where being light and strong is a serious advantage and do that instead of bodybuild?

Paladyr
08-18-2006, 07:49 AM
it's really that difficult to add 200-300 calories to your day?

SaVvY
08-18-2006, 12:35 PM
Scenario:

- SkinnySadMan sits on the table.
- Looks at his prepared meal.
- Finishes the meal.
- Knows he should eat more.
- He thinks about eating more, and makes more food.
- ANXIETY FEELING IN STOMACH! FEAR KICKS IN! (The fear of not being able to finish the food and dishing out the stomach fullness pain)
- Takes a bite (or spoonful) out of new serving.
- Starts being more conscious, becomes more anxious... I.e. "OMG OMG I'm actually going to eat it MORE FOOD!"
- Starts chewing slowly... GAG feeling starts to appear.
- SKinnySadman ends up sitting at the table for an additional 20 minutes.
- He gives up... tells himself, "HMmm whatever... should be enough for maintenance, no need to worry about weight drop."
- Goes on youtube and watches big powerlifter guys lift big weights... He wonders... "Awww... I can't make myself turn into a balloon"

Anyone else the same ?
so basically you have managed to find out you have to eat big to get big...well done

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
08-18-2006, 03:47 PM
As Rock put it so eloquently before...

"Eat."

SkinnySadMan
08-18-2006, 04:38 PM
Good luck..
There are a lot of days I wish I had your problem..
Eating 3200 real calories is too easy for me.. Those 6000 calorie days are my bain..

And I wish as was you :)

I also tried taking hits of virgin olive oil and for about 2 weeks I was getting wet farts with liquid poop in it. Everytime I took a crap it was wet. Not worth it; I even took the "shots" when I was half done eating my meals and then eating the rest of it.

Stray
08-18-2006, 07:29 PM
And I wish as was you :)

I also tried taking hits of virgin olive oil and for about 2 weeks I was getting wet farts with liquid poop in it. Everytime I took a crap it was wet. Not worth it; I even took the "shots" when I was half done eating my meals and then eating the rest of it.

What a mental picture that paints.

The rubber mat under your squat rack will never be the same again.

Nosaj
08-18-2006, 07:51 PM
I was getting wet farts with liquid poop in it. Everytime I took a crap it was wet.

Does your mom still do your laundry? If so, lol. :evillaugh

SkinnySadMan
08-18-2006, 08:00 PM
No, my dad does... but still.

I try to hold it in and just fart slowly but it just freaking slips out and I can't do nothing about it.

jkirkpatrick
08-18-2006, 08:10 PM
What Roddy said.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
08-18-2006, 09:11 PM
and for about 2 weeks I was getting wet farts with liquid poop in it.I bet you use that line on all the ladies.

droman
08-18-2006, 09:15 PM
yeah just slowly add a shake to your morning and one before you go to bed the easiet way to gain weight i think.

Stray
08-18-2006, 09:17 PM
..and lay down lots of newspaper.

teaturtle
08-18-2006, 09:37 PM
LOL. Gross. Why were you taking SHOTS? Put it in your shakes, jeez. Grooooosssssss..

ShockBoxer
08-18-2006, 10:01 PM
Alternatively, eat a sandwich.

Jinkies
08-19-2006, 09:10 AM
The hardest part about training really is the eating. You can't really make your actual stomach larger; and the bigger you get the more you have to eat.

Breakfeast is my LEAST favorite meal of the day. 5-6 packets of oatmeal kills me.

SpecialK
08-19-2006, 10:08 AM
16 oz milk
2-3 scoops whey
1-2 tbsp natty PB
1 cup oats
banana

Throw that all in a shake, adjust the amounts as necessary, and you can easily have a 1500 calorie shake that can be downed in a few seconds.

cphafner
08-19-2006, 10:48 AM
read the quote in my sig

cphafner
08-19-2006, 10:48 AM
read the quote in my sig

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

Stray
08-19-2006, 06:55 PM
read the quote in my sig

I thought ya meant the:

"i hope an old guy mushroom stamps you right on the forehead."

Clifford Gillmore
08-19-2006, 09:44 PM
If anyone is really this interested in technical gorging I'll do a food log for a day or too.