PDA

View Full Version : Cheese..

teaturtle
08-14-2006, 09:38 AM
Is cheese alright to eat? How much is too much?? etc... I dont eat much cheese but still, I eat some.I've heard it isnt really healthy (it has a lot of sat. fats in it too).

Anthony
08-14-2006, 09:41 AM
It's alright to eat. How much is too much depends on your goals and current situation. You can't look at one food and determine if it's bad or not. Well you can for some foods like trans fat, but that's about all I can think of right now. Otherwise, use common sense and moderation. And think about the BIG picture.

getfit
08-14-2006, 09:42 AM
mozzeralla is great,some cheese won't do any harm.I wouldn't worry about it that much.

getfit
08-14-2006, 09:43 AM
Anthony covered it! :D

teaturtle
08-14-2006, 09:53 AM

But what about stuff full of cheese, like pizza?

Anthony
08-14-2006, 09:56 AM
Same deal as cheese. Look at your current situation and goals, look at your macronutrients for the day ... does it fit? If yes, then it's cool. If not, then skip it.

It sounds like you should read more about the basics before you start worrying about particular foods. There are tons of articles on this site that cover everything you need to know to structure a balanced diet. Learn about calories, protein, fat, carbohydrates, how to measure them, how to determine how many you need, etc. Once you understand that (and it's not as scary as it sounds), you'll understand why sometimes cheese and pizza are perfectly okay.